Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Our squad is a great fit for his tactical approach: -
Estupinan, Webster, Dunk, Veltman
Mac Ali Caicedo
Trossard/Mitoma Gross/Mwepu March/Lamptey
Welbz/Undav

Yeah that’s if Chelsea don’t come and buy our better players in January

D

Deleted member 2719

One qualification Roberto needs is to have the ability to go toe to toe with Viera on the touch line and bring back the points on the pitch.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I read that he likes to switch to 2-4-4 in attack. I don't see how he can do that without the fullbacks moving into the attacking half

There's plenty of analysis online regarding how his team's play in and out of possession.

His fullbacks will venture just over the half way line, but they never overlap the wingers and don't push up nearly as much as Potters.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've got Mitoma who will be an amazing wide player for us and we also have Enciso. And we have Adringa out on loan.

RDZ won't be able to believe how lucky he is with what he's inheriting.

Just tactical criticism of Potterball. I do not know how good these players are?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I would think/hope that Bloom will have seen Potter's departure as an opportunity after the initial disappointment.

De Zerbi will have been appointed as someone who can build and in time improve in what we had. Exciting times.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm pleased the vacancies have been filled and look forward to him moving the club onwards and hopefully upwards.

TB will no doubt have built in another tasty buy out clause.

Most importantly is key squad members bond with him and don't miss GP so much. We need a happy training ground.
Yes, that'll be important. Same for some of us fans too - I'm starting to understand some of the Chelsea fans lukewarm reaction to Potter. We too have lost a manager we didn't want to lose, and while I'll welcome and support RDZ I'll find it hard to warm to him just yet - just because he isn't Potter.

Still, I wasn't happy when we sacked Hughton, but I got over it. A lot of bad things have happened since those younger, happier days though - it may take me a bit longer this time.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still, I wasn't happy when we sacked Hughton, but I got over it. A lot of bad things have happened since those younger, happier days though - it may take me a bit longer this time.

The difference I'm finding with this one is that although yes, I was sad to see Hughton go, I agreed with the decision to get rid. I wasn't just sad to see Potter go, I was bloody furious with him and Chelsea.

Time has dissipated that, and I'm fully on board with De Zerbi and can't wait for the next match now. I know sod all about him, but trust Bloom to have made the right appointment completely.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The difference I'm finding with this one is that although yes, I was sad to see Hughton go, I agreed with the decision to get rid. I wasn't just sad to see Potter go, I was bloody furious with him and Chelsea.

Time has dissipated that, and I'm fully on board with De Zerbi and can't wait for the next match now. I know sod all about him, but trust Bloom to have made the right appointment completely.

Describes a lot of us I reckon. Have read and watched quite a bit over the last couple of days, looks a blinding appointment. Loads on social and other media suggesting Bloom has played a blinder again.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Our team spirit and harmony in the squad has always been commented on. He has played and managed at good level so should instantly have the respect. If he can fit in and get everyone behind him then we can still finish top half.

We have the players that can do it , he just needs to come in and keep things ticking and moving. Tweak and add his own bits but key thing is get everyone well onboard and all pulling same way

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Describes a lot of us I reckon. Have read and watched quite a bit over the last couple of days, looks a blinding appointment. Loads on social and other media suggesting Bloom has played a blinder again.

The (alleged) links to Juve and Sevilla are interesting.

I suspect TB will loosen some of warchest for signing’s to suit De Zerbi’s requirements.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Our team spirit and harmony in the squad has always been commented on. He has played and managed at good level so should instantly have the respect. If he can fit in and get everyone behind him then we can still finish top half.

We have the players that can do it , he just needs to come in and keep things ticking and moving. Tweak and add his own bits but key thing is get everyone well onboard and all pulling same way

….think this is where having the experienced, influential ‘good guys’ like Welbz and Lallana in the group will be hugely beneficial (plus Dunk) and the NDP pays dividends. Great group itching to crack on hopefully.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The (alleged) links to Juve and Sevilla are interesting.

I suspect TB will loosen some of warchest for signing’s to suit De Zerbi’s requirements.

Would think he’s bound to give hime some leeway to bring in a player or two of his choosing (subject to our usual criteria obviously). The war chest is looking much healthier than it was (and we’ve got De Z in without having to buy him out of anywhere).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would think he’s bound to give hime some leeway to bring in a player or two of his choosing (subject to our usual criteria obviously). The war chest is looking much healthier than it was (and we’ve got De Z in without having to buy him out of anywhere).

I forgot about that additional money angle, so many positives.

Genuinely intrigued and optimistic about his appointment.

The players won’t be lamenting, instead enthused by new ideas and a new boss.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. I'm very happy and excited about this appointment.
2. The coach and his staff should be well rested and ready for this challenge.
3. I'm glad that resolving our coaching situation didn't involve fuxking over some other unfortunate club doing well at the start of the young season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here