Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I am of an age where I remember being taken to the Goldstone as a boy. Went there with my Grandfather many times. Grew up a bit, went many more times with mates, the North Stand, the bogs at the rear (abysmal). Now here we are, trying to obtain a Europa league place. My Grandfather, born 1894 just wouldn't believe it!
I remember sliding down the bank as kid to make a quick exit from the Northstand.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If this is true, its massive isnt it...

I mean come on, Napoli FFS.

Serie A champions, in the CL, home of Maradonna and our Italian manager has f***ed them off for a #teamlikeBrighton
The Napoli chairman is a complete crank, as far from Tony Bloom as you can get.
He's crazy for not paying Spalletti what he's worth.

Not a surprise for De Zerbi to turn down that loon, if true.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
If De Zerbi makes it till the end of next season with us which is not certain especially if we start well then I really don't expect for him to be with us the season after next.
The strange thing is that when Potter left we slated him but if De Zerbi goes I get the impression we won't.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The key difference, and what really turned me against Potter - the Club showed enormous faith and loyalty to Potter, even when he was stringing together long winless runs, with few goals and lame performances - the Club very openly and publicly supported him. That faith, loyalty, support and commitment was NOT reciprocated when Potter left in September. The Club senior people place enormous emphasis on loyalty and commitment to each other. And Potter signed up to that. But it was weasel words, he flew for cash. Believe me, our top people are very bitter toward the man for that. Of course, outwardly they all rightly share positive platitudes about what Potter achieved, but deep down, there is a very real raw bitterness towards him. And I am 100% aligned to that. And I bet deep down our top team behind closed doors are PMSLOL at Potter and Chelsea’s demise, and the £85m they handed us in the process!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The key difference, and what really turned me against Potter - the Club showed enormous faith and loyalty to Potter, even when he was stringing together long winless runs, with few goals and lame performances - the Club very openly and publicly supported him. That faith, loyalty, support and commitment was NOT reciprocated when Potter left in September. The Club senior people place enormous emphasis on loyalty and commitment to each other. And Potter signed up to that. But it was weasel words, he flew for cash. Believe me, our top people are very bitter toward the man for that. Of course, outwardly they all rightly share positive platitudes about what Potter achieved, but deep down, there is a very real raw bitterness towards him. And I am 100% aligned to that. And I bet deep down our top team behind closed doors are PMSLOL at Potter and Chelsea’s demise, and the £85m they handed us in the process!

It was also the poaching of Roberts, Bruno, Macauley and a bit later Winstanley. Potter would’ve absolutely had a big say in that in his cosy chats with Boehly.

Mid Albion season.

It could’ve left us in deep sh1t this season.

All in a typically emotionless Brummie Potter manner. The personality antithesis of RDZ and Mac Allister.

Thank fck TB had brilliantly planned contingency plans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nah……TB and PB were happy to let him prostitute himself to a job he was never going to handle because they already knew they had an upgrade available. £20m compo and a better manager…….there’s no bitterness from our top boys.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I imagine the way RDZ talks about players deserving opportunities at ‘bigger clubs’ with the chance to play in ‘bigger competitions’ is very true of his own future.

Enjoy the ride because this guy seems the real deal and will be managing one of the big 6 in the next few years IMO.

Newcastle would be my bet….

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I imagine the way RDZ talks about players deserving opportunities at ‘bigger clubs’ with the chance to play in ‘bigger competitions’ is very true of his own future.

Enjoy the ride because this guy seems the real deal and will be managing one of the big 6 in the next few years IMO.

Newcastle would be my bet….
I wouldnt be surprised if it was City to be honest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here