Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I am of an age where I remember being taken to the Goldstone as a boy. Went there with my Grandfather many times. Grew up a bit, went many more times with mates, the North Stand, the bogs at the rear (abysmal). Now here we are, trying to obtain a Europa league place. My Grandfather, born 1894 just wouldn't believe it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I could shake the 'if I wanted an easy life' comment.

Had he seen out 22/23, we'd have had the same season as Brentford and we would have been happy with that.

The same players, completely different team, completely different mindset and a completely different outlook - Roberto is a whole new beast.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you....

.... Chelsea.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I wish I could shake the 'if I wanted an easy life' comment.

Had he seen out 22/23, we'd have had the same season as Brentford and we would have been happy with that.

The same players, completely different team, completely different mindset and a completely different outlook - Roberto is a whole new beast.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you....

.... Chelsea.

Oh Stat, you don't half crack me up. But you are so right. No way would Enciso or Buonanotte be playing the games they are are Peupion and Offia would still be languishing in the U21s, not getting PL debuts.

Boy how things change in this glorious game we all love.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh Stat, you don't half crack me up. But you are so right. No way would Enciso or Buonanotte be playing the games they are are Peupion and Offia would still be languishing in the U21s, not getting PL debuts.

Boy how things change in this glorious game we all love.
I don't know about that, the yoof would be playing, they'd just be playing it safe.
We would have had enough wins to stay above palace, but we'd have snoozed through more 0-0's keeping us out of the top 6.

As said we would have been happy, but there would have been periods of doubt.
I'm so annoyed with myself for having that shadow loom large - all those pointless rows have clearly left a legacy.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Corrected for you
Exactly. Mitoma started on the right and did diddly squat. Half way through the first half, he was moved to the left, and tore White and Arsenal apart. Anyone advocating playing Mitoma on the right hasn't paid attention to how effective he is on the right and on the left. Whenever he's played on the right for us, he's been extremely ineffective, whereas he is frequently devastating on the left.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
:yes:
”Roberto De Zerbi says guiding Brighton & Hove Albion to Europe will be his greatest achievement as a head coach and will guarantee the players a place in club folklore...Asked if reaching Europe would be his biggest achievement, De Zerbi said:

“Yes. 100 per cent. But it is not only for me, I explain to my younger player they can play in the future for a big big team...But there is no target bigger than Europa League for Brighton at this moment. The most important thing I am pushing is that if we achieve Europa League, in 20 or 30 years, if we come back to Brighton we will be remembered for a historical result…

This is more important than salary, money, if you play for a big club. When you leave something so massive and important, it is priceless. Because we know perfectly that all the fans, all the club and all the people around here are dreaming. This is the nicest thing you can do in football.”

Gawd I ❤️ RDZ

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We lost a few bods when GP left….but this lot have more than replaced them

Attachments

• F22D41AF-5C3D-4C1D-A9D1-9A0D26FE1B39.jpeg