Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
He's the best since Chris Cattlin.
We need at least 3 more players to have any hope of a top 4 spot. We play Di Zerbi ball and it's intense and I am not sure of the stats if we get more injuries than average.
Never seen such belief and encouragement for the team since we had Chris Cattlin and Liam Brady.
Roberto will always be in hearts and let's hope it's for at least another season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a gem we have found. Let's cherish him.

That’s a very, very good piece. RDZ - stay for 3-5 years or so then go abroad with dignity - I think he will and I think he will go down as our greatest manager of al time… ALL TIME!

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
What a gem we have found. Let's cherish him.

I am still unable to quantify in my head, the fact that "little old Brighton" can be talked about on mainstream media in this way.
I, like so many others on here have come to love this club through struggle, heartbreak and pain. With little snippets of success thrown in.
There's a certain part of me that can't shake the 'impostor syndrome' but at the same time feeling like we deserve this success.
'We've come a long, long way together...'

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I am still unable to quantify in my head, the fact that "little old Brighton" can be talked about on mainstream media in this way.
I, like so many others on here have come to love this club through struggle, heartbreak and pain. With little snippets of success thrown in.
There's a certain part of me that can't shake the 'impostor syndrome' but at the same time feeling like we deserve this success.
'We've come a long, long way together...'
It annoys me every time we are on the box we still have to have the Hereford game and Withdean mentioned by commentators after six seasons of PL football. It feels to me like we will never be taken seriously and will always be just visiting the top flight.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It annoys me every time we are on the box we still have to have the Hereford game and Withdean mentioned by commentators after six seasons of PL football. It feels to me like we will never be taken seriously and will always be just visiting the top flight.
I prefer to think that we are "just visiting", makes our current position far more enjoyable as it far exceeds anything any of us have ever experienced.

Enjoy it whilst it lasts I say.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
I understand what you are saying but for me, that just makes it even more of a thrill, knowing that we have come from the bottom and not just bought our way to success and also, it shows that however bad things are. there's a chance (however remote) that things can get better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That’s fine - that’s how most of us feel no? Taken seriously by who? Whoever it is it won’t make any difference to our results so……

I like the refs to how far we’ve come. Factually accurate and keeps people level headed. We’ll lose to West Ham Sat 😉

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Commentators love a rags to riches story, and without an oil sheikh in sight. It’s not a case of being taken seriously but of triumph against the odds.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That’s fine - that’s how most of us feel no? Taken seriously by who? Whoever it is it won’t make any difference to our results so……

I like the refs to how far we’ve come. Factually accurate and keeps people level headed. We’ll lose to West Ham Sat 😉
I dunno it seems dated now I have kids in their twenties who are ST holders who weren’t even born when that game took place and there will be thousands more like them. Whilst history is important do we constantly need to be reminded every time we play on the telly box.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

There’s a phrase you don’t often see @Sheebo - ‘I like the refs’!! 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

May 21, 2023
Having witnessed BHA managers since Billy Lane I am in awe of our recruitment in the Premier League years. CH was just what we needed to grind out results and stay in the league and when the time was right, GP to change our style, then RdZ comes in to add ruthlessness and belief. Each an upgrade on the necessary one before. I love the fact that RdZ spent little time on the goals we scored against Wolves but ages on the one we conceded. Top man.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here