Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] rishi sunak

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I read that none of the favourites want Boris’s job until after April has blown through (NI rises, energy rises etc) as it’s going to make whoever is Prime Minister look sh*t, they all want to wait 6months

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The Daily Express is sticking the knife in (I wonder why?) even down to calling him a leftie. :lolol:

[tweet]1489620095613685761[/tweet]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sunak is the only one of the mooted few who sounds like a potential PM. Regardless of policy, he sounds the most reassuring and most like an actual politician. Truss is like a parody. Javid is a bit meh.

As shallow as that sounds, it means a lot. Blair had charisma and Brown and Miliband didn't. Cameron did and May didn't.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sunak is the only one of the mooted few who sounds like a potential PM. Regardless of policy, he sounds the most reassuring and most like an actual politician. Truss is like a parody. Javid is a bit meh.

As shallow as that sounds, it means a lot. Blair had charisma and Brown and Miliband didn't. Cameron did and May didn't.

The Charisma bar is set extremely low, as is the political talent bar. A rizla would win hands down at the moment :facepalm:

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Seem to recall the media love in was, "I agree with Nick" Clegg's loss to British politics has not been an issue as far as I can see.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
#teamSteerCalmer :thumbsup:

For the record I eventually declared that it was more important labour lose the last election so it could rid itself of Corbyn than beat Johnson. Despite everything I stand by that.

I have also said recently and more than once that I would much prefer the tories to drain their swamp and replace Boris with a new face, with a much greater chance of winning the next GE, than have Johnson soldier on just so labour can win.

JCFG is a relentless blue-rose-on-a-pig campaigner, the inventer of the term 'whatabout Corbyn' and, sadly, a bully who happily lies to promote his agenda.

Nobody who backs Johnson in order to keep Starmer out has an ounce of credibility, now. None.

Rather an incomplete record ...

Yes, my friend. I voted labour through gritted teeth because they were second in my constituency and the best bet for ousting the odious sitting MP and Boris fluffer.

Momentum, like Militant before it, can absolutely do one. 'No compromise with the electorate', indeed. Well, '**** off then', I say!

:thumbsup:

.... despite all your valid criticisms of Corbyn, in the end, you still voted Labour hoping to unseat a Tory for a Labour gain.

Pig-with-a-rosette.jpg

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought you had learnt your lesson after the David Amess RIP thread?

A fair point. Maybe a bit harsh. If you’d seen the situations myself and colleagues and other workers in similar industries had to work through during Covid and the financial straits many of us have now been landed in, your blood might boil too. Not to mention frontline NHS workers.

I’m looking at night work in supermarkets or going back to security work. Anything is better than the current situation :-(

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Agree, charisma goes a long way, people get conned and end up being persuaded to vote against their own interests

Could see Sunak being able to form a majority government, especially with some gerrymandering and the planned voter suppression of the poor

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A fair point. Maybe a bit harsh. If you’d seen the situations myself and colleagues and other workers in similar industries had to work through during Covid and the financial straits many of us have now been landed in, your blood might boil too. Not to mention frontline NHS workers.

I’m looking at night work in supermarkets or going back to security work. Anything is better than the current situation :-(

You're are not alone Clampy, millions have worked all the way through Covid and millions more have had financial difficulties as a result but I'm sure we can all agree that any mention of violence even semi-joking should be avoided considering recent events.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
I read that none of the favourites want Boris’s job until after April has blown through (NI rises, energy rises etc) as it’s going to make whoever is Prime Minister look sh*t, they all want to wait 6months

I don't think anything is going to 'blow through'. The current economic situation is simply the start of Johnson and crew's policies of the last 24 months starting to feed through. Even with radical change at the top, I don't think it will have any significant impact on the direction of travel for a good few years yet. And it wouldn't surprise me if the party members didn't go for another member of the current cabinet and more of the same.

It's not a good time to be taking over responsibility for the Nation anytime soon, and I can't help but wonder if it's the primary reason Johnson is still in position despite everything that has happened :shrug:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You're are not alone Clampy, millions have worked all the way through Covid and millions more have had financial difficulties as a result but I'm sure we can all agree that any mention of violence even semi-joking should be avoided considering recent events.
Tbh I think there's a few million that would opt for the punch in the face option..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are in a situation where household energy bills are going to rise £60 a month and his response to help the poorest is to act like a state loan-shark. Meanwhile he won't put a windfall tax on energy companies making a killing because that might "discourage investment", and only yesterday he forced through a tax cut on banking profits: https://www.ft.com/content/00edc75d-f45d-4f33-a042-79cdfd586026

This is where we are at:
Cut £20 from universal credit. So the poor are £80-90 a month worse off.
Offer loans to the poor to "help" cover energy price increases. As if a loan is likely to be a solution to anything.
But:
Bank profits tax cut of 3%.
No energy windfall tax despite obscene profits.

I don't want him anywhere near government. He's a billionaire looking after his millionaire mates, not you.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Tbh I think there's a few million that would opt for the punch in the face option..

It never works in the long run, no matter how great the temptation.... nor does abusive language. It's best just to focus on taking bad arguments apart......and providing better ones.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

And quite a few million that seem keen to punch themselves in the face every 4 years

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I thought he might be a credible antidote to Johnson before the next general election.

Unfortunately all I'm seeing now is a Sergeant Arthur Wilson, wringing his hands as Johnson spaffs, saying 'Do you think that's wise sir?'

Begone. With the rest of your shower.

Sunak is not the answer, unless the question is: which Goldman Sachs alumni can we install as PM to ensure that Britain is run in the interests of the global financial system?

Sunak is smart enough to not use the word austerity, but he will absolutely install austerity 2.0, because the Americans say it’s good for business.

Tugendhat would be my preferred choice, not flashy but decent. Will get things wrong, and have occasional skirmishes with the hideous right of his party, but if he trusts his own instincts he’ll actually be pretty decent for someone wearing a blue rosette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here