Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] rishi sunak

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yup. People keep banging on about Johnson winning an 80 seat majority but that is too simplistic. The reality is Labour chucked most of their ‘red wall’ seats down the shitter with their choice of leader.

It’s like a football team winning 8-0 when the other team scored 6 ogs. You have to look at the detail behind the headline results.
It was partly about Corbyn but also a feeling Labour took their votes for granted and were more interested in issues that excited the chattering classes in London. Plus, of course, Labour's absurd Brexit policy (championed by Starmer).

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Although I have never voted Tory, I totally agree on the preference of getting rid of BJ and replacing him with a competent Tory. Theresa May was competent and a decent woman, but faced with an impossible task given the toxic right-wing loonies that everyone seems to need to pander to.
May wasn't a great leader and tied herself in knots with her Red Lines on Brexit which pretty much destroyed her piece by piece. Therefore she had no chance when dealing with the Tory lunatic fringe and the opportunist Johnson.

But, in her defence, she probably would have done a better job dealing with Covid and wouldn't have dared to throw the Saville jibe out or genuinely lie on a daily basis.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yup. People keep banging on about Johnson winning an 80 seat majority but that is too simplistic. The reality is Labour chucked most of their ‘red wall’ seats down the shitter with their choice of leader.

It’s like a football team winning 8-0 when the other team scored 6 ogs. You have to look at the detail behind the headline results.

Our game up at Liverpool in the cup a few years ago? :lol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not forgetting her commitment to cheese and pork :lolol:

Did she have to find out where Beijing was, in order to open up those pork markets?

And now being Foreign Secretary, in charge of foreign policy thingies, doesn't her job require at least a passing acquaintance with an atlas?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Although I have never voted Tory, I totally agree on the preference of getting rid of BJ and replacing him with a competent Tory. Theresa May was competent and a decent woman, but faced with an impossible task given the toxic right-wing loonies that everyone seems to need to pander to.

question is as a competent Tory, as you put it, will he bring back some common sense, clear out all the moronic Boris yes men ministers, and take the Tories back toward the centre ground? Or will he carry the Boris baton? keep the Brexit fire burning, keep fueling the culture divides and rule by Nationalist populism?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
question is as a competent Tory, as you put it, will he bring back some common sense, clear out all the moronic Boris yes men ministers, and take the Tories back toward the centre ground? Or will he carry the Boris baton? keep the Brexit fire burning, keep fueling the culture divides and rule by Nationalist populism?

That’s precisely it….. and who knows. I don’t think Sunak would have a clear out. But it needs people to be appointed on competence and talent rather than loyalty.

I know it was never going to happen, but I can’t help thinking we would be in a very different place if Rory Stewart had won that leadership election. Does it need the military “discipline” of the need to go for the common good rather than self preservation?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It was partly about Corbyn but also a feeling Labour took their votes for granted and were more interested in issues that excited the chattering classes in London. Plus, of course, Labour's absurd Brexit policy (championed by Starmer).

Maybe you should start a thread on what Labour did wrong at the last election :shrug:

But on this thread subject, who do you think should replace Johnson ? And are you actually a member and get a vote ?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
So overatted.

Inexperienced and has spent a massive amount of money (not his own I should add) and not done it particularly well

We need a clear out of the whole effing lot in the cabinet, if its touched Johnson its corrupted. Sunak will try and distance himself but you can't hide mate, you've been part of the engine

Truth - he seems to ignore the fact he's the effing chancellor - he's literally in charge of the treasury and it's a monumental balls up. Get rid.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

I've not long ago become a constituent of Mr Corbin, and i have to say, what a fantastic local MP he is. He pisses over any of the Tory lot I've had in my time.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Sajid Javid is probably the best of the current bunch for me, resigned rather than have Cummings pick his advisors for him, seems to be his own man, not from a privileged background. Would also be nice to see a Brexit dividend for the racist element of a 2nd gen Pakistani remainer PM.

Not too sure a PM with a brother as deputy head of the MET is a good idea. But I guess the corruption couldn't get much more obvious.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I thought he might be a credible antidote to Johnson before the next general election.

Unfortunately all I'm seeing now is a Sergeant Arthur Wilson, wringing his hands as Johnson spaffs, saying 'Do you think that's wise sir?'

Begone. With the rest of your shower.

If he does get the top job, facing off against equally dull Starmer, they'll be prescribing PMQs for insomniacs

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought he might be a credible antidote to Johnson before the next general election.

Unfortunately all I'm seeing now is a Sergeant Arthur Wilson, wringing his hands as Johnson spaffs, saying 'Do you think that's wise sir?'

Begone. With the rest of your shower.

He’s a windfall Billionaire who is now taxing the pants out of me and other low paid front line workers. I’d punch him in the face as soon as look at him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The one thing I'll say about Johnson is he tries a bit on the environment

Such as having huge numbers of children after saying that population growth was the real issue?

And, generally, his voting record over time has not supported measures designed to cut climate change (indeed he's written a few articles questioning it, and quite a bit of his leadership campaign funding came from climate change sceptics).

As PM he has at least 'said' the right things. But then as we all know by now, he just says what he thinks the other person wants to hear, or what will benefit himself at that specific moment in time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Of course he's happy - not only is he a major shareholder in the Moderna vaccine, he has also awarded millions of pounds worth of government contracts to his father-in-laws company Infosys

And £69 Billion on Furlough. That's what he thinks (hopes) he'll be remember for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here