Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] rishi sunak

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You've got that wrong as HWT has often said what a disaster Corbyn was.

Yeap just because someone doesn't like the current version of Tories doesn't make them of the hard left. A lot of people live somewhere in the centre ground

MAKE BRITAIN BORING AGAIN

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Cummings is a disgrace but I have to agree with his assessment that the electorate had extremely poor options at the last election...

We ended up with an awful choice - and in my opinion the brand became increasingly toxic, poisoning everyone appointed to Government. The tories need someone who is not 'Team Johnson' to restore the Party's integrity.

By the way, unless they declare it openly, how does anyone on here know what anyone else voted?

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Once in The Commons and at least twice on TV yesterday Sunak said that he would not have said what the PM said regarding Sa****e.
He followed it up by saying that it would be 'wrong and dishonest' for me to say that high energy prices are not going to be a problem.
He also said that he is backing the PM and does not want his job.
Yeah right, if that wasn't a slant at Johnson then I don't know what is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've got that wrong as HWT has often said what a disaster Corbyn was.

Bloke I have on ignore (for smearing me as a loony lefty among other things) tells lies about me? Who knew? :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cummings is a disgrace but I have to agree with his assessment that the electorate had extremely poor options at the last election...

We ended up with an awful choice - and in my opinion the brand became increasingly toxic, poisoning everyone appointed to Government. The tories need someone who is not 'Team Johnson' to restore the Party's integrity.

By the way, unless they declare it openly, how does anyone on here know what anyone else voted?

People don’t know, but quickly jump to conclusions based on stated (and often isolated) opinions :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Yup. People keep banging on about Johnson winning an 80 seat majority but that is too simplistic. The reality is Labour chucked most of their ‘red wall’ seats down the shitter with their choice of leader.

It’s like a football team winning 8-0 when the other team scored 6 ogs. You have to look at the detail behind the headline results.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When someone who would literally vote for anything wearing a red rosette (eg Blair>Corbyn) starts a thread targeting one potential successor to Boris then you know that person is almost certainly the candidate the Tories should choose [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Well on the actual subject of the thread (rather than just trolling other posters), as the most ardent Johnson supporter, Brexiteer and Unionist supporter on NSC, who would you suggest if your hero was unfortunately ousted ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yup. People keep banging on about Johnson winning an 80 seat majority but that is too simplistic. The reality is Labour chucked most of their ‘red wall’ seats down the shitter with their choice of leader.

It’s like a football team winning 8-0 when the other team scored 6 ogs. You have to look at the detail behind the headline results.

Johnson only got 300,0000 more votes than May. It’s where he got them that gave him the 80 seat majority. It is , unfortunately, the result of having a FPTP voting system,that is not fit for a modern multi party country.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeap just because someone doesn't like the current version of Tories doesn't make them of the hard left. A lot of people live somewhere in the centre ground

MAKE BRITAIN BORING AGAIN

#teamSteerCalmer :thumbsup:

For the record I eventually declared that it was more important labour lose the last election so it could rid itself of Corbyn than beat Johnson. Despite everything I stand by that.

I have also said recently and more than once that I would much prefer the tories to drain their swamp and replace Boris with a new face, with a much greater chance of winning the next GE, than have Johnson soldier on just so labour can win.

JCFG is a relentless blue-rose-on-a-pig campaigner, the inventer of the term 'whatabout Corbyn' and, sadly, a bully who happily lies to promote his agenda.

Nobody who backs Johnson in order to keep Starmer out has an ounce of credibility, now. None.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think Sunak is very capable, but I don’t like his politics or his priorities.

IF he were to become leader, would he get rid of the Johnson Groupie Loyalists - Gove, Patel, Truss, Raab, Dorries etc - people who are there not on account of having any talent, but because of their loyalty.

Malcolm Rifkind was very good on Newsnight last night, saying that Johnson’s biggest mistake was appointing loyalists rather than talent, which has always seemed to me to be bl33ding obvious.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Johnson only got 300,0000 more votes than May. It’s where he got them that gave him the 80 seat majority. It is , unfortunately, the result of having a FPTP voting system,that is not fit for a modern multi party country.

Luckily we don't have to concern ourselves with campaigning to win back those lost seats for labour, now we have replaced FPPT with a fairer system (by fair, I mean one that lets labour win).

Or do we? ???

Hang on.....

We do, yes, yes we do!

And there I was, thinking all I had to do was nothing, and all I had to say to anyone was nothing, and Johnson would simply disappear! What was I thinking?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Always look at their voting records.

He’s awful. People see him working in a hoodie and think this billionaire cares about working people. Shambles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing I'll say about Johnson is he tries a bit on the environment, Sunak will in the pockets of those think tanks that can't tell you where the f**k they get all their cash, I'd expect him to be weak in this area

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
#teamSteerCalmer :thumbsup:

For the record I eventually declared that it was more important labour lose the last election so it could rid itself of Corbyn than beat Johnson. Despite everything I stand by that.

I have also said recently and more than once that I would much prefer the tories to drain their swamp and replace Boris with a new face, with a much greater chance of winning the next GE, than have Johnson soldier on just so labour can win.

JCFG is a relentless blue-rose-on-a-pig campaigner, the inventer of the term 'whatabout Corbyn' and, sadly, a bully who happily lies to promote his agenda.

Nobody who backs Johnson in order to keep Starmer out has an ounce of credibility, now. None.

Although I have never voted Tory, I totally agree on the preference of getting rid of BJ and replacing him with a competent Tory. Theresa May was competent and a decent woman, but faced with an impossible task given the toxic right-wing loonies that everyone seems to need to pander to.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Although I have never voted Tory, I totally agree on the preference of getting rid of BJ and replacing him with a competent Tory. Theresa May was competent and a decent woman, but faced with an impossible task given the toxic right-wing loonies that everyone seems to need to pander to.

Ironically, after the disaster of the Theresa May Premiership, she is probably one of the best out of a bad bunch.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
He is a **** just like the rest of them. Treating us all like idiots. Giving with one hand but taking with the other. ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here