Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Corey Monteith

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I know that only a tiny proportion of people are born with (maternal) addictions, that an equally small number become addicted to prescription medicines (not their fault) and that the rest are too thick to see the hazards of using recreational drugs.

As a recovering addict I'm quite used to ill informed opinions and general mis-informed ignorance but you are in a league of your own.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You did not answer my question from a while ago, try again...

Just wondering how do you feel about depression, often related to addiction, is it just people feeling down or an illness like cancer or heart disease? How do you feel about millionaires and other very successful people, like TV stars who suffer from depression.

Sorry, looks like you need it spelled out. ANYBODY taking presciption drugs prescribed by a GP is fine. If they become addicted then the GP is also there to wean them off.
If they step outside this regime then all bets are off.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
You see the first example, 'bloke A' shows we are talking about 2 completely different conditions when we say depression. Do you think depression can only occur as a reaction to sad events, like bereavement or losing your job?

I wear a silver survivor ribbon. Get yourself a good support network, take responsibility, and take one day at a time. Probably best to swerve the footy, as it can (does?) make it worse :thumbsup:

*only joking about the last bit :lolol:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I wear a silver survivor ribbon. Get yourself a good support network, take responsibility, and take one day at a time. Probably best to swerve the footy, as it can (does?) make it worse :thumbsup:

*only joking about the last bit :lolol:

I don't really understand a lot of that, do you think depression is a medical condition, you seem to suggest it only happens as a reaction to sad events?
Do you think it's a condition like cancer or heart disease? Or a sadness caused by bad things happening to you.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Sorry, looks like you need it spelled out. ANYBODY taking presciption drugs prescribed by a GP is fine. If they become addicted then the GP is also there to wean them off.
If they step outside this regime then all bets are off.

Again you have totally misunderstood the point I was taking? Try the question I asked again, go on give it a go, is depression an illness?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Like some of the people on this thread my sympathy is reserved entirely for those whom have not helped in their own deaths. The reason I have never taken anything remotely similar is because I know eventually it will take a hold and I would end up screwed.
Sorry but so what

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Again you have totally misunderstood the point I was taking? Try the question I asked again, go on give it a go, is depression an illness?

Of course depression is an illness. Why are you attempting to bundle it up with recreational drug taking?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Like some of the people on this thread my sympathy is reserved entirely for those whom have not helped in their own deaths. The reason I have never taken anything remotely similar is because I know eventually it will take a hold and I would end up screwed.
Sorry but so what

Shirley you must be on loads of Special Brew to compensate for going to the shi*hole that is Smellhurst ???

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Shirley you must be on loads of Special Brew to compensate for going to the shi*hole that is Smellhurst ???

Why would I need special brew when I have premiership football to look forward to, you should try it sometime ???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People who have never experienced depression or addiction issues will never understand it, so give it up Martyn. A bold and courageous input from you, so all respect to you. Keep battling on mate.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
the rest are too thick to see the hazards of using recreational drugs.

Only thick people take drugs. Brilliant. I would say most of the people who take recreational drugs are a lot more clued up on the hazards of doing so than you are, and that you probably get your information from the sensationalist media rather than any type of actual research.

Of course depression is an illness. Why are you attempting to bundle it up with recreational drug taking?

How would you say recreational drug taking is different to regularly drinking alcohol?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here