Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ring of Fire

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't give away Barber's money making tricks away!

Maybe come up with half length scarves to overcome getting twatted around the mush by your neighbour. Plus it will be a special twirling scarf so won't need to have the insulating properties of the proper jobby

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Isn't that just a tad twattish tho? Dropping match information in favour of a slightly gormless grown-up extension of fanzone? There's a time and a place shirley. And the time is about five minutes earlier. IMHO its on a par with goal music in the cringeworthy stakes. Doubtless a subtle if harmless marketing ploy by the club to sell more scarves. Bah humbug!

Does anybody not already know the team and bench at KO time, besides it 100 times better than Hi Ho NottmForest/Wolverhampton/andalltheotherteamsthatusethis

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Big fan of the Ring of Fire as a chant. Fulham and Charlton were both immense away days and this song helped get everyone going.

However ..... I *hate* that crappy remix they've started playing before the game. Either play the original Johnny Cash or just let the fans start it themselves. I can see why waiting for the chorus on the original doesn't quite work but that remix with the euro beat is just painful.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Might get a flaming for this, but I also don't think we need the 'we hate Pa***e' bit that a few seem to insert into RoF. It's better without it......

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Big fan of the Ring of Fire as a chant. Fulham and Charlton were both immense away days and this song helped get everyone going.

However ..... I *hate* that crappy remix they've started playing before the game. Either play the original Johnny Cash or just let the fans start it themselves. I can see why waiting for the chorus on the original doesn't quite work but that remix with the euro beat is just painful.

The actual chorus is only a very small part of the original which is why they've had to remix just that bit that is sung. When they played the whole song it didn't really work.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Maybe come up with half length scarves to overcome getting twatted around the mush by your neighbour. Plus it will be a special twirling scarf so won't need to have the insulating properties of the proper jobby

Half-length scarfs! :lolol:

How about if you tell your neighbour to fold the normal-length scarf in the middle, and then hold the ends together?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
We started it at Fulham and it caught on. Just as most football songs do.

It's fun and when everyone twirls their scarves it looks fecking awesome.

Radical idea...but instead of "der der der der der der der" we sang "we're Brighton and Hove Albion" it scans quite well once you give it a go a couple of times...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might get a flaming for this, but I also don't think we need the 'we hate Pa***e' bit that a few seem to insert into RoF. It's better without it......

Without the "We hate Palace" there is a tendency to speed it up as usual.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's definately an improvement on the Theme From Rocky that Bamber had them running out to in the late 70's/early 80s - that was quite embarrassing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here