[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think it's a loan deal for Brewster.

Think again. I think we’ve outgrown developing other team’s players now.

I got the feeling that we were in for him the moment Naylor said we weren't in a hurry to sign a forward.

And when we didn’t get Nunez and we’re seemingly uninterested in Wilson and Watkins, it struck me that the club were planning something big.

Can't see Liverpool selling him as I think he could well break into their first team next season.

Again. I’m almost certain that we don’t bring in loans anymore.

He's exactly what we need and would give us the chance to use Connolly at times as well. Could see Brewster complementing Maupay very well.
From what I've seen of Brewster he's a natural goal scorer, quick for a big lad, and his work rate is good. Just the sort of player that would fit in well.

He’s not exactly what we need and he is far from being a big lad. What he is though, as you say, is a natural finisher and that trumps everything. He has pace and good movement too. I still think we’d need a tall forward too balance our front line and give Potter some options but that could well be 6ft2” Gyökeres.

From our perspective, we need a player like this lad, a loan is not ideal but better than spending silly money on a Callum Wilson type player, and he'd fit in well.

A purchase is even better! Believe man(c)!

Known by Ashworth from the England set up.
For Brewster, virtually guaranteed game time, and working under a manager who is rated by Klopp. Would know Lallana.

Good points. He’d also see Lamptey’s opportunity and rise.

For Liverpool, works too as they know Brewster would get game time, be well looked after, and be under the influence of Potter and Lallana.

That’s where a buy back clause works. However, I’d assume that we’d want to sell before they got ‘first dibs’.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
How many of our midfielders scored 7 Premier League goals last season? Bournemouth were dire, i think he would do a good job and has a lot more pace than Gross or Mooy and rakes a good free kick

Bournemouth played a much more attacking game than us that generally failed. Our midfielders much more restricted in that sense. Wilson wasnt known for tracking back and doubling up on an opposition wide player.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How many of our midfielders scored 7 Premier League goals last season? Bournemouth were dire, i think he would do a good job and has a lot more pace than Gross or Mooy and rakes a good free kick

Isn’t Wilson is an out and out centre forward, with chances laid on a plate for him by Fraser and others?

Gross and Mooy play in entirely different positions to that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be very happy with Brewster on loan (or permanent) and Wilson on a permanent transfer too.

Wilson is an upgrade on any wide player we currently have.

Brewster has huge potential.

Wilson who has just signed a deal to join Newcastle permanently? Some suggestions make sense, some are from cloud cuckoo land.................

Brewster on loan? Hmmm .......... we've got two young forwards who are only going to get better - if they get game time. Presumably if Liverpool lend out Brewster it would be on condition that he gets a lot of game time, which would be detrimental to the development of both Maupay and especially Connolly. Another striker, yes - an experienced old hand (like a further forward Lallana) or someone on a level with our existing two, but without a requirement to always play him ahead of our own players.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Wilson who has just signed a deal to join Newcastle permanently? Some suggestions make sense, some are from cloud cuckoo land.................

Brewster on loan? Hmmm .......... we've got two young forwards who are only going to get better - if they get game time. Presumably if Liverpool lend out Brewster it would be on condition that he gets a lot of game time, which would be detrimental to the development of both Maupay and especially Connolly. Another striker, yes - an experienced old hand (like a further forward Lallana) or someone on a level with our existing two, but without a requirement to always play him ahead of our own players.

Harry Wilson, not Callum.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

No, Harry Wilson.

Edit: oops, too slow

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

I get your point but we could start all 3,Connolly or Maupay playing wide or Maupay in the hole between the others.

I would be excited by this signing.I still think it would be worth taking a punt on Dia as well,as one for the future.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Isn’t Wilson is an out and out centre forward, with chances laid on a plate for him by Fraser and others?

Gross and Mooy play in entirely different positions to that.

Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool at Bournemouth last year. Winger/Attacking Mid. Absolutely where if the right player was available we could do with strengthening our goal return.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Bournemouth played a much more attacking game than us that generally failed. Our midfielders much more restricted in that sense. Wilson wasnt known for tracking back and doubling up on an opposition wide player.

You're right of course that their style is very different to ours and ultimately failed. But in games against teams in and around our level where we failed to score enough goals to turn draws into wins (Newcastle Burnley, Villa and others) he is the sort of option we could do with. Its about different options and skill sets that help us be more potent in front of goal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’d always assumed Brewster was a scouser but just seen that Liverpool signed him from Chelsea’s youth side and he played for 6 years at Chelsea with Lamptey as they’re the same age.

That has surely got to help us?

Lallana joining Brighton. Klupp speaking well of Potter. Brewster playing for Swansea, with Rodon & Roberts who Potter turned into Welsh national team players. The success of Lamptey, Connolly, Alzate... I think there is a lot of things that would make Brighton a pretty likely choice for him.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know it may not mean much however at lunchtime yesterday (Tuesday) he was 33/1 to sign for us, he’s now 6/1. I know odds change however I cannot see someone/people lumping on a big amount of money for him to sign for the odds to have changed that much...

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Agree Wilson seems no better than we have. Didn't pull up any trees at Bournemouth.

Far better stats than trossard though considering he played 80% more.
5c90082934f68bdff019e25b0b6c422b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

e9dc5ab5dcbff25043d89b71655c9c1d.jpg

I love these deluded posts. Wilson far better stats ok every level than trossard AND trossard played 80% more minutes.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wilson would be similar standard to what we have but with more potential. Mooy gone and upgrading Gross with a young English talent could be good.

Brewster then on loan with an option to buy and a buy back clause for Liverpool would seem to make sense too. Exactly the kind of business we should do thus probably won't happen sadly.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I know it may not mean much however at lunchtime yesterday (Tuesday) he was 33/1 to sign for us, he’s now 6/1. I know odds change however I cannot see someone/people lumping on a big amount of money for him to sign for the odds to have changed that much...

from what i understand that would not take 'a big amount of money'. just a few people on here sticking £20s on it would work.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
e9dc5ab5dcbff25043d89b71655c9c1d.jpg

I love these deluded posts. Wilson far better stats ok every level than trossard AND trossard played 80% more minutes.

Yup, absolutely agree. If we brought in Brewster and Wilson, whether we get a LB or not. I think we can say that's a pretty decent window and that we have added to our goal threat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports