Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s a move that makes a lot of sense for all parties.

Klopp publicly a fan of GP and his “project” here. Ashworth knows him. Good football, play for a positive team that should be safe, Lallana here. And compare that to going to other clubs, eg the cauldron that is West Ham right now.

Just hope it’s permanent. Would not be as keen with a loan, personally.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don’t rate Wilson, no better than anything we have.

Brewster however is more interesting, just looks physically stronger to me, could be wrong.

Would be good competition for Connolly and Maupay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If this whole "£20m with a buy-back clause" thing is true, Brewster suddenly becomes a lot more interesting than a loan. Would be a great signing and I he would likely choose Brighton over some of the other clubs that might be interested.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I may be a lone voice here but I rate Wilson. Cracking dead ball delivery, got a bit of pace, and in that Derby team (admittedly in the championship) he looked a top class player. Plenty of players would have looked dog shite in that Bournemouth team last year. He's a bit of a luxury player, ut just maybe we are at the stage with our squad where we can afford to have such a player, especially as Mooy has moved on.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Once again I'll not be adding up chooks before they become formed as this has a slight whiff of BS about it.
I need to see the official photo shoot

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think it's a loan deal for Brewster. I got the feeling that we were in for him the moment Naylor said we weren't in a hurry to sign a forward. Can't see Liverpool selling him as I think he could well break into their first team next season.
He's exactly what we need and would give us the chance to use Connolly at times as well. Could see Brewster complementing Maupay very well.
From what I've seen of Brewster he's a natural goal scorer, quick for a big lad, and his work rate is good. Just the sort of player that would fit in well.
From our perspective, we need a player like this lad, a loan is not ideal but better than spending silly money on a Callum Wilson type player, and he'd fit in well. Known by Ashworth from the England set up.
For Brewster, virtually guaranteed game time, and working under a manager who is rated by Klopp. Would know Lallana.
For Liverpool, works too as they know Brewster would get game time, be well looked after, and be under the influence of Potter and Lallana.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I would be very happy with Brewster on loan (or permanent) and Wilson on a permanent transfer too.

Wilson is an upgrade on any wide player we currently have.

Brewster has huge potential.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At first I wasn't sure about loaning, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

For this summer only, we could save a hefty outlay, which we may not have due to covid related losses.

Any striker we sign carries an inherent risk, as we know from experience. Loaning mitigates the risk in these uncertain times.

By saving money on a striker we might then perhaps push the boat out a little further in other, less risky areas. This too will mitigate risk as we avoid the old trap of 'buy cheap buy twice'.

We could then spend maybe 50% more on a top quality defensive midfielder, someone who would be a safer investment than a punt on a young striker with no Premier League experience.

And who knows, next summer Liverpool may want to sell and we'd be in pole position to make the deal permanent.
That is pretty persuasive.

I'd still prefer a purchase with a buyback option, but perhaps the COVID losses mean that for this summer a loan may be all we want or are able to finance.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I would be very happy with Brewster on loan (or permanent) and Wilson on a permanent transfer too.

Wilson is an upgrade on any wide player we currently have.

Brewster has huge potential.

Absolutely agree. Would love to see these 2 at the club. Surely these are exactly the type of deals we intended when Ashworth joined and Potter was brought in as a Head Coach

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The other moving part here is Andone. Yes, yes he's injured, yes, he got himself sent off to force a move which under normal circumstances isn't forgiveable. These aren't normal circumstances now and getting him another club before he's proved his fitness won't be easy. I wonder if the club are thinking, the back up plan to not landing a Nunez type, is to get through with what we've got to whenever Florin is back, no idea when, maybe xmas, then see if it's possible to re-integrate.
Good points.

I reckon it must still be possible to get a decent half season out of Andone as a win-win shop window for all parties.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
A loan for Brewster makes sense if we can’t afford to spend or take the risk on spending £30m on a striker right now.
Spending £20m on Wilson makes less sense, he didn’t have a great season and he looks no better than Trossard and we have Lallana now so why bother? Unless we plan to sell Gross.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
A loan for Brewster makes sense if we can’t afford to spend or take the risk on spending £30m on a striker right now.
Spending £20m on Wilson makes less sense, he didn’t have a great season and he looks no better than Trossard and we have Lallana now so why bother? Unless we plan to sell Gross.

Agree Wilson seems no better than we have. Didn't pull up any trees at Bournemouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here