Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bournemouth fans hated Wilson, despite his goals. Wouldn’t touch him.

I’m not disagreeing, but remember how many of our fans couldn’t stand Ashley Barnes, but Burnley love him. Personally I’m not that interested in Wilson, but it Potter sees a place for him then I’ll get aboard the hype train.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Where’s this actually come from? Just that dubious tweet? Can’t really see anything else about this anywhere, especially the Wilson stuff.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The problem there is that if he does well we can't keep him and if he's terrible we're stuck with him!

Suppose it depends on the terms of the buy back ?

If it’s a defined time and they can have him back if they want ... or an Ake style buy back where an agreed fee is installed IF we choose to sell and they get first refusal ?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I imagine there would be significant profit in the buy-back, wouldn’t there?

The only real example in domestic football is Nathan Ake from Chelsea to Bournemouth - bought for £20million, buy back of £40million.

I imagine it would be a similar deal here if it is at all true! It is clear however, that Liverpool need to raise some cash to buy players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
10 clubs interested

Next

Of those how many are likely to give him the game time we probably would, if he is any good at this level?

I am thinking we might be in with a chance here, but refuse to get excited about it yet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Of those how many are likely to give him the game time we probably would, if he is any good at this level?

if he's all that , then all of them.

Only needs a chance or two doesnt he. If he takes it ( scores / plays well ) then likely to keep the shirt

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
if its say 8 prem clubs , could argue ahead of a couple but in that 8 we will likely be bottom of the pile I'd imagine

Why? We tick a number of boxes.

- Klopp and his assistant on record as admiring GP and the way we play, and our “project” here
- Lallana can put in a good word
- The Ashworth connection
- We’re now reasonably established in the division. Unlikely we’ll go down.
- Positive club on the up. Board manager and supporters all in unison.
- GP has a great record of putting faith in youngsters and developing them
- we play attacking positive football.

I’m ruling out the top 6 teams. But below that, who has a better match than the above? I’m trying to think who else, maybe Villa, Leeds, West Ham (that’d be fun for the lad), Palace, Sheff Utd, Newcastle?

I think we have a genuine chance of this one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

- Klopp and his assistant on record as admiring GP and the way we play, and our “project” here

I’m ruling out the top 6 teams. But below that, who has a better match than the above? I’m trying to think who else, maybe Villa, Leeds, West Ham (that’d be fun for the lad), Palace, Sheff Utd, Newcastle?

Plus six years with Lamptey in the Chelsea youth teams. It’s possible that they could be very good buddies (a quick investigation of their social media accounts should provide a clue). I’m sure he’d give young Rhian a glowing report, especially as his move to the Albion has probably seen him start for England U21s yesterday.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

very much blue and white tinted glasses along with writing off what other clubs offer.

We will see , hope you are correct as could be an ok signing

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Plus six years with Lamptey in the Chelsea youth teams. It’s possible that they could be very good buddies (a quick investigation of their social media accounts should provide a clue). I’m sure he’d give young Rhian a glowing report, especially as his move to the Albion has probably seen him start for England U21s yesterday.

Exactly, I’m open to the fact I may be bias, but I genuinely think we’re a pretty attractive team for young players right now (outside the top 6).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Care to elaborate?

What do other clubs offer we don’t?

Location , if settled in the North then that , if has family in London then that.

Financial side of things whether it be bonuses or wage contribution

Prestige of the club , some big clubs in the prem and regardless of the big club argument there can be more appeal in playing for one of these

We are a relegation candidate so maybe clubs that are less likely to go down

Just off top of head

Just another viewpoint thats all.

Lets hope those things you say matter to him

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Out of the top six I’d say only these are ahead of us in terms of a young player looking to develop (wolves excluded since they just spent 40m on 18 year old)

- Leeds
- Southampton
- Leicester

Level pegging with Sheffield United and Fulham

Rest I wouldn’t be concerned about competing with given they are pretty much all hoof ball sides and don’t play young players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here