Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Out of the top six I’d say only these are ahead of us in terms of a young player looking to develop (wolves excluded since they just spent 40m on 18 year old)

- Leeds
- Southampton
- Leicester

Level pegging with Sheffield United and Fulham

Rest I wouldn’t be concerned about competing with given they are pretty much all hoof ball sides and don’t play young players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeds?..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only real example in domestic football is Nathan Ake from Chelsea to Bournemouth - bought for £20million, buy back of £40million.

I imagine it would be a similar deal here if it is at all true! It is clear however, that Liverpool need to raise some cash to buy players.
Mooy had a Man City buyback which was never activated.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Main things we can offer are:

- if we sign you its because we will play you (Potter has a pretty good record on this re all his signings last season)
- you will be a better player and improve all the time
- we won't have four managers in a season like Watford for example
- decent place to live
- if you are not influenced any of above then were not interested in signing any such folk

Re a buy back clause for Brewster - this would no doubt have complex triggers re statistical performance analysis - perfect person to write this will also ultimately be financing the deal for us too ..

Wilson played a variety of central roles for Derby and put his success down to specific video clips of how to play that Lampard gave him to watch prior to each game - he should be capable of improvement much like Biss last season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
if its say 8 prem clubs , could argue ahead of a couple but in that 8 we will likely be bottom of the pile I'd imagine
Or top of the pile as we only have 2 other strikers so less competition for pitch time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Or top of the pile as we only have 2 other strikers so less competition for pitch time.

That's how I see it.

There has been a slight shift change in young players coming through at big clubs, where more of them seem committed to finding a move that gets them game time, over merely ensuring they are at teh biggest club possible. Lamptey has already come here over staying at Chelsea, because the desire is for 1st team football in the Premier League.

C'mon Rhian, you know it makes sense.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No idea if these are reliable but since I'm bored, here you are:

[tweet]1303292223220576256[/tweet]

View attachment 128140

There is some credible reporting that we are interested in Brewster
(https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1299237502172246016)
but that twitter account referred a few posts back is total nonsense/speculation as a cursory look will confirm.

Really don’t wanna sound like the transfer police but the whole tweet things are based on this article from yesterday afternoon - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ring-selling-20-year-old-with-buy-back-clause

But it amazingly took until this morning for someone to post it - pages later. So yes there is a credible, up to date source that we’re interested :)

Not sure where the Wilson thing came from apart from old interest, or very slight possibility they’ve heard something from a ‘good’ source (doubtful as the Albion are very tight lipped).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Withdean to Wembley account is just someone recycling other news isn't it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Withdean to Wembley account is just someone recycling other news isn't it?

Yeh looks like it. And tagging the players and clubs in :facepalm:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
The 'ten clubs' thing was posted in August, since when Villa and Newcastle have bought Watkins and Wilson and no doubt others have shelled out too. I'd still rather have a player with PL experience such as King, but Brewster certainly sounds fantastically promising. Although so did Solanke ...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

2 footed
Pacey
Strong
Tall ish
Loves a Flick / back heel

Looks exactly what we need - pls make it happen!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Really don’t wanna sound like the transfer police but the whole tweet things are based on this article from yesterday afternoon - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ring-selling-20-year-old-with-buy-back-clause

But it amazingly took until this morning for someone to post it - pages later. So yes there is a credible, up to date source that we’re interested :)

Not sure where the Wilson thing came from apart from old interest, or very slight possibility they’ve heard something from a ‘good’ source (doubtful as the Albion are very tight lipped).

How can it be based on a sky sports report that was later than the original tweet? He may well be speaking bollocks but I thought I’d pick that up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How can it be based on a sky sports report that was later than the original tweet? He may well be speaking bollocks but I thought I’d pick that up.

Sorry I meant the Withdean to Wembley insta one. Didn’t realise that tweet was original source too. But yeh twitter account looks like a lot of the sad act ones - fake pic - silly name etc. If you see his tweets he’s not done anything on football for ages then randomly starts tweeting transfer ‘news’.. I guess recycling articles from a couple of weeks back, although strange it suddenly appeared on sky later that day.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Location , if settled in the North then that , if has family in London then that.

Financial side of things whether it be bonuses or wage contribution

Prestige of the club , some big clubs in the prem and regardless of the big club argument there can be more appeal in playing for one of these

We are a relegation candidate so maybe clubs that are less likely to go down

Just off top of head

Just another viewpoint thats all.

Lets hope those things you say matter to him

Fair points also.

Fingers crossed it goes our way.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Out of the top six I’d say only these are ahead of us in terms of a young player looking to develop (wolves excluded since they just spent 40m on 18 year old)

- Leeds
- Southampton
- Leicester

Level pegging with Sheffield United and Fulham

Rest I wouldn’t be concerned about competing with given they are pretty much all hoof ball sides and don’t play young players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeds? Small club

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

2 footed
Pacey
Strong
Tall ish

He looks absolute quality. To get a highlights video like that in such a short time is some feat. If we could sign him permanently, it would be the most excited I've been since we signed LuaLua!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Permanent would be great, even with buy back clause.

Loan could work too.

These are unprecedented times.
If he could do a job for us this year I'd take that tbh.
Especially if there are no obvious or reasonably attainable targets this window on par with Nunez or Eduoard (who were apparently very much on our list).

If we can make some progress this year. 12th would be magic. Next year our buying options would open up I think.

Just hope the virus doesn't mutate and cause the zombie apocalypse...

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

2 footed
Pacey
Strong
Tall ish

Nice montage, I'd agree with what you said but not sure he's pacey, wasn't leaving Championship defenders in his wake, but looks an intelligent player and strong on the ball, which I like

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Nice montage, I'd agree with what you said but not sure he's pacey, wasn't leaving Championship defenders in his wake, but looks an intelligent player and strong on the ball, which I like

Agree, not lightning quick but not slow either, bit like our two current strikers actually.

As you say, what is really impressive though is his strength on the ball, literally just shrugging big defenders aside. The two footed thing is a massive plus for me too, it always annoys me how one footed so many players are. Being two footed gives you such an advantage as an attacker.

Really want this to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here