[Albion] Return of Fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
With Covid-19 still circulating pretty widely in the population, I am still stumped to see that people have such an issue with basic measures like wearing a mask. It's a bit of cloth that goes over your mouth and helps protect people around you. I've been to two Albion games where mask wearing was compulsory and it was absolutely fine.

Genuinely, what is people's issue with that?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Anyone over 30 should be double vaccinated by now.

I'm 41 and only had my second jab yesterday and that was because I brought it forward by two weeks. I got my first jab as soon as I could book it.

I know it depends on where you live and availability but I think we are a little way off over 30s being double jabbed.

Not saying that should stop us kicking on though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm 41 and only had my second jab yesterday and that was because I brought it forward by two weeks. I got my first jab as soon as I could book it.

I know it depends on where you live and availability but I think we are a little way off over 30s being double jabbed.

Not saying that should stop us kicking on though.

I think the problem is the government guidance is still 8 weeks between jabs, but every walk in centre will do second jab after 3 week, you just need to ask. Unless there are still supply issues not sure why the 8 weeks can’t be reduced a bit or advertised better.

Certainly around West Sussex everyone I know that is 30+ is double jabbed. Maybe I’m being a bit naive but nationally we opened up jabs to the 18+ almost 5 weeks ago

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They're not stats, it is facts. The stats are how many are being vaccinated, but if people are choosing not to then that is their choice. Given stories from family / friends who used the walk up clinics over the last 4 weeks they all commented how quiet they have been - walked straight in, jabbed and out.

Your original statement is not fact. We're close but no cigar on veccines, and still nothing for U18's who are spreading it around.

I agree getting vaccinated is easy and there are options for those with legitimate concerns about which vaccine to have.

keep easing up I agree with but total freedom is a disaster waiting to happen. Basically condeming a lot of people to staying at home so selfish idiots can party. a lot of people are getting it and being ill even though they've had jabs. Its still a new vaccine and adapting virus.

I'd love it to go away, but lockdown 3 in October is more likely I think.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think the problem is the government guidance is still 8 weeks between jabs, but every walk in centre will do second jab after 3 week, you just need to ask. Unless there are still supply issues not sure why the 8 weeks can’t be reduced a bit or advertised better.

Certainly around West Sussex everyone I know that is 30+ is double jabbed. Maybe I’m being a bit naive but nationally we opened up jabs to the 18+ almost 5 weeks ago

I'm 49, had my second Jab 4/7, that was brought forward 2 weeks . . . . quickest I could get it . . . . . if it takes a few weeks to be fully effective most of us are not 'covered' yet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Your original statement is not fact. We're close but no cigar on veccines, and still nothing for U18's who are spreading it around.

I agree getting vaccinated is easy and there are options for those with legitimate concerns about which vaccine to have.

keep easing up I agree with but total freedom is a disaster waiting to happen. Basically condeming a lot of people to staying at home so selfish idiots can party. a lot of people are getting it and being ill even though they've had jabs. Its still a new vaccine and adapting virus.

I'd love it to go away, but lockdown 3 in October is more likely I think.

But what is the risk of under 18s or anyone spreading it around? We are seeing high numbers because it’s so easy to test. Deaths are very low and of course covid may not be the actual cause of death any way

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm 49, had my second Jab 4/7, that was brought forward 2 weeks . . . . quickest I could get it . . . . . if it takes a few weeks to be fully effective most of us are not 'covered' yet.

Presumably you’ve been waiting for an appointment then rather than using any of the mass walk in clinics that have been operating the last 4 weeks or so?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Brighton Centre is not doing 2nd dose walk ins any earlier than 8 weeks, FWIW

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Brighton Centre is not doing 2nd dose walk ins any earlier than 8 weeks, FWIW

Is that what is advertised? Or physically they won't do it? Certainly not my experience of any of the Worthing / Angerming centers or mates I went to the Euros with in East Midlands & Berkshire. One of which lives in Jersey but came over for the Euros - was over for 5 weeks and managed to get both jabs in that time to avoid quarantine when he got back to Jersey!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This must be properly regulated though, and proof of vaccination status matched to the name on the ticket and only PCR tests allowed as a proof of 'negative' testing. .

PCR is a step too far, and clearly discriminates against those under 35 who would not have had their second jab by the start of the season. Why is a negative lateral flow test not acceptable.?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Is that what is advertised? Or physically they won't do it? Certainly not my experience of any of the Worthing / Angerming centers or mates I went to the Euros with in East Midlands & Berkshire. One of which lives in Jersey but came over for the Euros - was over for 5 weeks and managed to get both jabs in that time to avoid quarantine when he got back to Jersey!

The former. It's no wonder take up in Brighton is so low compared to a lot of areas in Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The former. It's no wonder take up in Brighton is so low compared to a lot of areas in Sussex

That is what I mean - the 8 week guidance from the government needs changing if supplies are readily available. https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/keepsussexsafe/sussex-covid-19-vaccination-programme/ will put a lot of people off, but from mine + partners experience in Worthing at the walk in clinics they were not overly busy, so we have the capacity so why not reduce the guidelines. Pfizer only mandate 3 week between first / second so it is not a medical thing.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I booked online, did it as quick as I could. There are no walk ins in Shoreham I'm aware of, nearest I could get was Btn even though I work in Chichester.

Maybe Worthing is special ;-)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I was led to believe that if you have the second jab any earlier than 8 weeks from the first - it reduces effectiveness of the vaccine ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With Covid-19 still circulating pretty widely in the population, I am still stumped to see that people have such an issue with basic measures like wearing a mask. It's a bit of cloth that goes over your mouth and helps protect people around you. I've been to two Albion games where mask wearing was compulsory and it was absolutely fine.

Genuinely, what is people's issue with that?

Agree. I think their problem is this perceived infringement of their so called civil rights but I bet they are quite happy to wear a safety belt when in a car!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was led to believe that if you have the second jab any earlier than 8 weeks from the first - it reduces effectiveness of the vaccine ???

Where on earth did you hear that?

The original advice from the manufacturers was to have two doses three weeks apart. It was our government that decided to do 12 weeks as it would make the statistics look better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I booked online, did it as quick as I could. There are no walk ins in Shoreham I'm aware of, nearest I could get was Btn even though I work in Chichester.

Maybe Worthing is special ;-)

Worthing or Westgate leisure centre in Chi have been doing them for a while fairly regularly !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

As someone who is in their early 30s and with a friendship group accordingly only three of us have been double-jabbed (one of who was a key worker so got his in January), the others have not been able to get theirs before minimum the end of this month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports