Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return of Fans

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
Will be next season. Cant see it happening this season unfortunately. I still think it will be well over a year until we can have full capacity in stadiums.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
More nonsense from the joke of an administration ‘running’ this country.
Lateral flow test in the queue, so after said person has traveled to the ground. Genius.
Just let fans in when it’s safe to do so, not before and not just because Euro ****ing 2020 is happening.

Not sure you'll get quite so much agreement about'this joke of an administration' comment following the admirable success so far of the UK vaccination programme.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Not sure you'll get quite so much agreement about'this joke of an administration' comment following the admirable success so far of the UK vaccination programme.

Yep, kudos to the army and to the NHS staff working 80 hour weeks, I’d suggest it’s **** all to do with anyone else in this government. They’ll try to take that credit though. Keep reading your Daily Mail.....
120,000 people dead, we’re a ****ing island, so they finally shut it 11 months later, incompetent wankers.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Seen nothing ...but surely has to be discussed soon...although as much as I want to be back (I saw both league games that fans were allowed at )..I’m glad the spotlight is on education and businesses that havnt been allowed to function at all

This is absolutely spot on. My last attendance at a football match was almost a year ago, 7th March, Grimsby away at Scunthorpe in what was a full house for a local derby. There was a slightly eerie atmosphere in that many had realised that it might be the last fan attended game for a while, though I’m not sure many (including myself) foresaw it rumbling on this long, naively or not.

Anyone who knows me knows I love football. It’s been an enormous part of my life. But right now, I look at my kids, and see how they have regressed, not progressed, over the last 12 months, and I find it really sad. My wife and I have really tried our best to continue their education, but our kitchen is no replacement for a classroom full of children and professional teachers. Oh, how do we all have a new found respect for teachers?

Likewise, the owners and employees of businesses which have been hamstrung by the pandemic being able to pay their rent or their mortgages, and being able to put food on the table for their families, are way more important than my entitlement to shout expletives at the lino over any remotely dodgy offside decision.

I have had to watch the team I have supported for over 30 years implode yet again into almost certain non-league relegation for the second time, all from the distance of a mobile phone screen. I’d say it was heartbreaking, but it isn’t really. It’s frustrating, it’s upsetting, it’s anger-inducing - but it’s not heartbreaking.

Losing a loved one. Losing your job. Losing your family home. That’s heartbreaking. I want football back in my life as soon as possible, but not before those things have stopped happening en masse as a direct result of Covid-19. On that basis, it will be a while before we see meaningful crowds back at games. But rightly so.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seems a lot more wise to be to just take the fecking chill pill and just wait until next season instead of rushing things again.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think we need to have a few months of schools being open and people being able to see their friends and family before crowd attendance at premier League level becomes a consideration

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Partial crowds next season and then back to full attentances from season 2022/23 I suspect.

Reckon there will be a long period after the first major vaccination roll out ends (supposedly around late autumn for most adults) to see effects of transmission and new variants before large scale events are allowed.

Suspect in the meantime small crowds and smaller concerts will be given the green light to see the effects first. I've had 2 concerts moved from Sept and Oct this year now until late 2022, so think it will be a very gradual process back to full capacity football.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think we may return in a months time but with 2k to start. Maybe Newcastle or Everton start of April...

I don’t bother with much of the news as it’s too depressing but assume the gov haven’t mentioned events starting again yet...?

Worth remembering that a few days before it was announced that fans would be allowed back to the Amex for the Southampton (?) game, the consensus on here was no fans until at least the start of next season .
Things change quickly.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Life needs to return to normal, and pretty damn soon. We should be back at the Amex NOW. Reduced capacity if absolutely necessary, but the number should double game by game until we're back at full capacity. We cannot be locked away for ever..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
its quite sad to just see the media sound bytes in a lot of this thread but shows how easy it is to get people to tow the line.

Reading the reports it does seem unlikely this season.

I can't see why we couldn't have a decent attendance from August but who knows how many more hoops there are to jump through.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
I think best case scenario we could be fully back by August depending on how new variants and the vaccine programme turns out. We seem to forget that by April, all over 50s would be offered a vaccine, that's 32 million people that most likely won't catch or spread the virus.

Worst case scenario I think 2022-23 season, bloody hope it's not but if we fail to act quick enough and control new variants then I think this could happen.

I'm fairly confident though now cases are drastically reducing, border controls and the vaccine is going well that we could be back in August but not putting my money on it though

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Worth remembering that a few days before it was announced that fans would be allowed back to the Amex for the Southampton (?) game, the consensus on here was no fans until at least the start of next season .
Things change quickly.

It happened way too early though, that's why we're in this mess now but I must say that we will be in this lockdown until 8th March at the earliest so if they returned some at that point then there will be a massively lower risk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Things change quickly.

Yes my man - like it :thumbsup:

Everyone’s obviously guessing, but I’d love a small capacity in a couple of months...!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Yep, kudos to the army and to the NHS staff working 80 hour weeks, I’d suggest it’s **** all to do with anyone else in this government. They’ll try to take that credit though. Keep reading your Daily Mail.....
120,000 people dead, we’re a ****ing island, so they finally shut it 11 months later, incompetent wankers.

Hook. Line. Sinker. By the way, do you always go all sweary and shout 'Daily Mail reader' if people don't agree with your world view?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here