Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return of Fans

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
If it happens this season it will be more about building confidence in the effects of the vaccination programme rather than football and will be one of many similar activities e.g. rugby, cricket and festivals etc.

It will be small numbers 2k.

I don't see things getting back to normal i.e. 30k at the ground for a very very long time - years- especially if the all the games are offered on TV.

Personally I have not made up my mind because the things I love about going to games are having a few pints, being sociable and getting absorbed in the emotion generated and I can't see that happening for a while. On a more practical level the toilets will need to be greatly increased as standing 5 deep in an enclosed space has to be a thing of the past.

Not positive enough I know and hope to be proved wrong.

I too can't see full grounds for a long time. Maybe 2022/23 season. I wouldn't be surprised if the pandemic makes some people anxious about big crowds for good.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I too can't see full grounds for a long time. Maybe 2022/23 season. I wouldn't be surprised if the pandemic makes some people anxious about big crowds for good.

That can only be good news. If the scaredy cats won't ever go to crowded places again then they can continue to live their lonely lives all by themselves. Meanwhile that will allow sensible level-headed Albion fans more access to seats.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Government ministers are planning for fans to be allowed at games when the Euros start in early June. But social distancing will need to be in place so numbers will be limited - creating a major headache for organisers as tickets have already been sold

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good point.

I'm sure we have an eye on that possibility and would push for the later fixture.

I occasionally make them...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That can only be good news. If the scaredy cats won't ever go to crowded places again then they can continue to live their lonely lives all by themselves. Meanwhile that will allow sensible level-headed Albion fans more access to seats.

I guess the job interview with the Sarmatians didn't go too well

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
.....although this would mean 10k Fulham fans roaring their team on against Newcastle for the relegation decider last day of the season.

Bet that’s going down well!!

SAC

May 21, 2014
I got shot down when I previously said that it was wrong for some clubs to have fans and not others but to let some fans in for the final game of the season is totally wrong.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I got shot down when I previously said that it was wrong for some clubs to have fans and not others but to let some fans in for the final game of the season is totally wrong.

It was wrong doing it during the season too.
We have clearly seen this year that having fans in the ground massively affects games. Given this is right on the cusp, the Premier League should just announce there'll be no fans until next season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Football is all about controversy and feeling hard done by. Bring it on and give people something more interesting to moan about than whether Grealish’s hair was blown out of place by going within 2 meters of a defender. There are still people on here going on about the Southampton v Spurs match from 1978 so fans back on the last day of the season will sustain some people for decades !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here