Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Respect a Liverpool fan

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Some truly asinine comments on this thread from all of the usual anti-Liverpool contingent and a few 'ard cases who think they'll be 'smacking a scouser in the head'.

So there might be some scousers in seats other than the south stand? Because they're scousers the usual suspects come trotting out. Does the same rule apply when Albion fans are bigging themselves up for getting seats in the home end at West Ham, Tottenham, Hereford and other places where demand out-strips supply? Nothing like a bunch of hypocrites bleating about something football fans everywhere (including Albion fans) do-try and watch their team.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A massive club that respects and supports football from grass roots level up. If Liverpool fans show restraint why should we not embrace them.

Just remember there fans carry a lot of weight in the football world showing them a great friendly electric atmosphere will be a way of boosting an exciting Brighton team up in the football world.

The atmosphere needs to be immense for 90 mins because we are being broadcast live to the nation on Sky Sports.

Lets not Boo and Jeer lets Cheer and get behind our team and let the Scoucers go home thinking "Bloody hell good atmosphere there"

:bowdown:

What exactly is that I should be tugging my forlock for?

They are just another football club.

:shrug:

Anyway rant over Up the seagulls:bhasign::bhasign:

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
So friendly up there, I remember once, a kind group of lads offered to look after our car for us to ensure nothing happened to it.
How kind

How much did that cost you? did you pay? if not was it's wheels still there when you came back????

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do we mean real Liverpool fans or plastics like the ones who have been asking me to sort tickets for the last 3 weeks like im some sort of ticket office?

Either way they shouldn't be in the Albion end and will deserve any stick they get if they're obvious and do something stupid like jump up when they score...

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
They'll get the same respect they gave my mate's Blue and White Austin Maxi 1750 at Anfield in '83. Luckily an Evertonian managed the nearest garage and replaced the windscreen. Incidentally, some of us went to the Everton Tottenham game the day before (also in the Cup) and stood at the Everton end. We got a fine reception there!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Do we mean real Liverpool fans or plastics like the ones who have been asking me to sort tickets for the last 3 weeks like im some sort of ticket office?

Either way they shouldn't be in the Albion end and will deserve any stick they get if they're obvious and do something stupid like jump up when they score...

IF they score

:albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

D

Deleted member 2719

"Respect a Liverpool fan", what is this, a kind of "Take Your Puppy To Work Day"? Hug A Stranger Week?

Surely Liverpool fans deserve no more or no less respect than those of any other club?

Naaaaaaaaaaaa don't be silly it's "love a pilgrim week".

Brighton fans have all gone soft and fluffy.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
If any liverpool fans are around me I will gladly inform a steward that unless you hoof them out they will be abused for the whole of the game, which could get nasty. Anyone Brighton fan selling there ticket for profit should have their ST withdrawn. End of

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some truly asinine comments on this thread from all of the usual anti-Liverpool contingent and a few 'ard cases who think they'll be 'smacking a scouser in the head'.

So there might be some scousers in seats other than the south stand? Because they're scousers the usual suspects come trotting out. Does the same rule apply when Albion fans are bigging themselves up for getting seats in the home end at West Ham, Tottenham, Hereford and other places where demand out-strips supply? Nothing like a bunch of hypocrites bleating about something football fans everywhere (including Albion fans) do-try and watch their team.

With u on this

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been in "The Wrong End" at Charlton, Chelsea, Luton, Chesterfield, Palace, Forest, Arsenal and Spurs (0-0 draw under Mullery, that was NOT a comfortable feeling that day).

Therefore, it would be hypocritical of me to crtiticise away fans sitting in our stands.

Surely it's a question of how you behave. I am not a hoolie. Cheering loudly when you score or taking the pee out of home fans is a definite no no.

I have had to keep quiet when we score (but exploding with pleasure inside). The worst thing is having to stand up when the other team scores.

I was at a Wimbledon v Man U game with my young sons and nephews some years back, sitting in the Wimbledon end. You could tell that there were several United fans in the row in front of us (even though they did not know each other).

United scored near the end. All of the united fans stayed seated, except one. This one guy went mental and turned around and faced the whole stand with his arms outstretched celebrating. A couple of seconds later, a big scottish nutter threatened to slit his mancunian throat. I have deleted the expletives.

The United guy turned around to me and said "I was just being friendly!" I was more than a little concerned as I didn't want a blood bath kicking off over the kids I was in charge of. they were all under 10.

I just reasoned "look mate, what would happen if an away fan behaved like you did in the Stretford End?, it's near the end, if I were you I would leave". He did. I didn't even support bloody Wimbledon, but felt the need to defuse the situation. No one bothered about the Man U fans who didn't celebrate.

Anyway, my point is. If you behave appropriately, there is no problem being in the home end.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apart from when it means taking away a ticket from a home fan!

Well I, and I guess some others, have been guilty of doing the same thing in the past watching the albion. Not recently, I am happy to say as I much prefer to sit with my own but sometimes you just have to go in the wrong end to see your team. It will always happen.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

this

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
So friendly up there, I remember once, a kind group of lads offered to look after our car for us to ensure nothing happened to it.
How kind

The same thing happened to me but i pointed out that i had my Rottweiler in the back & the car should be fine. They then asked if my Rottweiler could put fires out.???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

You obviously have a point; we've all been in with home fans and sometimes (although very very rarely) we may well have deprived a local of a chance to see their team. However the key difference is the 'plastic' debate. Tonight, if Liverpool win and the bloke next to me (who's been respectfully silent all game), turns round and says in a scouse accent "Hey, I thought we were lucky there, your lot played well, know what I'm saying like?" then I'll shake his hand and wish him a safe journey home and good luck in the next round. However if it's some gobby prat in a Liverpool shirt and a Sussex accent who gloats about he knew they'd be to strong for us and how much his son was going to enjoy taking the piss out of the Brighton fans in his school - well I'll f***ing twat him and to hell with how neanderthal that sounds.

*Note on the last sentence: Actually, I won't hit him as it's not my seat and I don't want to get my mate into trouble - but I hope someone with a shorter fuse and with no regard for any consequences hits him on my behalf.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here