Respect a Liverpool fan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
any away fans in the West Upper will be verbally abused and then the stewards will be informed. It is NOT a friendly and the way i see it is they have taken a seat away from a Brighton fan.

Exactly, friends of mine who are Brighton fans have not managed to get tickets even though they have points from the season (just not 60) so any Plastic Scouse deserve to be shot down, why do we have to all of a sudden love Scousers

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My +3 STH are also liverpool fans. Two of them say they will be supporting brighton tomorrow night, the other says he will be neutral.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I will be joining in all the anti scouse songs, i care not a jot where Noone is from as he is now a Brighton player and belongs to us. If he is offended then he should not be a proffesional player.

I will also not be offended by the gay songs as this is just part of football and supporting your club.

Fair point, can't argue with that.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I think if one cheers a goal, everyone within 100 seats of them gets 1 kick

I went to Palace v Newcastle ages ago and sat in the Palarse stand. Newcastle scored. I cheered (because it was against Palarse) and was gleefully kicked down the stairs! However the 4 (massive) geordies sat in front of me were left untouched!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a home end and an away end at every ground. Anyone infiltrating that is asking for (or looking for) trouble. I prefer watching from the side rather than from one end, and fans down the side shouldn't feel the need to make trouble - a bit of banter, and a bit of discussion about your respective teams are fine. Over the years, for various reasons, I've watched Brighton away more than at home - never had any trouble, although fair enough, I've never been to Smellhurst or Elland Road. Only place I've felt uncomfortable has been Brizzle (both clubs, but especially Rovers).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just for the record, Anfield is very tolerant towards away fans in the home end

To be honest, I,m not sure how I could call attention to a steward if Liverpool supporters are sat near me. What with keeping my hand on my wallet and trying to read the Sun newspaper at the same time, just not possible to deal with plastic Liverpool fans who will have denied a Brighton supporter a ticket.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
To be honest, I,m not sure how I could call attention to a steward if Liverpool supporters are sat near me. What with keeping my hand on my wallet and trying to read the Sun newspaper at the same time, just not possible to deal with plastic Liverpool fans who will have denied a Brighton supporter a ticket.

As if a reader of the Sun could multitask.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
"Respect a Liverpool fan", what is this, a kind of "Take Your Puppy To Work Day"? Hug A Stranger Week?

Surely Liverpool fans deserve no more or no less respect than those of any other club?

A massive club that respects and supports football from grass roots level up. If Liverpool fans show restraint why should we not embrace them.

Just remember there fans carry a lot of weight in the football world showing them a great friendly electric atmosphere will be a way of boosting an exciting Brighton team up in the football world.

The atmosphere needs to be immense for 90 mins because we are being broadcast live to the nation on Sky Sports.

Lets not Boo and Jeer lets Cheer and get behind our team and let the Scoucers go home thinking "Bloody hell good atmosphere there"

Anyway rant over Up the seagulls:bhasign::bhasign:

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
:clap:
So friendly up there, I remember once, a kind group of lads offered to look after our car for us to ensure nothing happened to it.
How kind

Same thing happened to me. So very kind of them

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
My +3 STH are also liverpool fans. Two of them say they will be supporting brighton tomorrow night, the other says he will be neutral.

Neutral? So he'd wouldn't mind traveling up to Anfield for the rest of the Carling cup then rather than potentially seeing more at the Amex?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
if any are sitting next to me, and we score i will make sure they get a face full of SEAGULLLSSSS

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Unfortunately, my cousin who is a Liverpool fan ( far from plastic might I add, he goes to anfield around 15-20 times a season for league and cup matches and follows them away ) has informed me that he purchased a ticket in the home end... Then I found out his seat is essentially 2 rows in front of me.... He better keep quiet or ill slap him round the earhole!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
There are many times Brighton fans sat in the 'Home' end on a away match...banter is fine...violence is so 1970s and not needed, that includes the Palace game...some people seem to have forgot that Palace fans came down to support us on Fans United day and play in the REMF Games...OK I've set myself up for a slagging...but at least it's civil behaviour...by all means give verbal and expect it back...but before you think of giving 'kickings'...remember that there are a lot of Brighton women and children around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports