Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replay tickets free to S/T holders and members

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
What's car parking near the ground like

IMHO the KC is one of the easier grounds to park at, similar to Bolton and Doncaster. There is a huge open official car park, accessed via the last left turn just before the KC as you approach from the motorway. Once in the car park head over to the far left corner and park close to the stewarded gate onto a walkway leading for about 150 metres direct to the away turnstiles. I recall this gate isn't well signposted but normally the away coaches are visible parked beyond that and on our last couple of visits the stewards also let away fans in that way from the car park. This gate is also very handy for a prompt getaway after the match.

The downside is the exit from the car park can be congested after the match and the roads in the vicinity aren't brilliant - but instead of retracing your arrival route, I have found that the traffic moves better if you turn right out of the car park, go over the level crossing, turn left and then look to regain your route back to the motorway from there. If you don't hang about after the final whistle then you could be back in your car and on your way home within 5 minutes or so.

Finally the KC looks a bit like a mini-Amex, with a similar 'wonky roof' but was clearly built to a budget, largely of exposed breeze blocks and steelwork. A nice stadium but underlines just how plush The Amex is.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Great gesture from the club. Will definitely go if can get reasonable train price. Anyone got a good deal yet?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I still don't really get what you're saying. The club would get £15 per ticket if they didn't do this. The £15 that each person gets back they would no doubt spend anyway at some point, regardless of whether their ticket is free. So even though the e-cash is spent within the club, it's likely every adult would spend £15 at the club anyway (unless going away to Hull is your last ever game!), so the club are losing out. You're just looking at it in a very odd way.

Of course they would have spent the money again at some point, but they now have no choice to give it to the club anyway - so the club still get the money.

My main point was stated (albeit worded much better) above as this offer doesnt really allow any more people to go and is more a gesture to the loyal fans who would have been going regardless, it doesnt help those who were unable to go in the first place because of lack of travel etc.

Great gesture from the club. Will definitely go if can get reasonable train price. Anyone got a good deal yet?

You cannot get back home that night by train, the last train leave Hull at 22.20 which has no connection back to London. It isnt cheap, put it that way. £76 is the cheapest ive seen, that is coming back at midday the next day too.

Last edited:

theboybilly

Free match ticket & free train ticket = free day out, whoopee! Just gotta find a cheap B&B now.

Just booked the Ibis Hotel which is just outside Hull railway station for £31. I have free rail travel and a free match ticket and also a weeks leave next week, so I couldn't turn this opportunity down. I just hope the game itself is better than Derby or Watford recently

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Petrol bill ? You mean there overall bill of course. That said id doubt a family would be going anyway, since its also on a school night too. Either way, that £50 will now need to go back to the club.

You're a dog with a bone with this one.

For 99.9% of people that ticket refund will be going back to the club at some point ANYWAY.

5 adults going up together in a car can each put £15 toward the travel cost meaning they have a kitty of £75 for their day out. This is achieved as they'll have £15 to spend at home games that doesn't have to come out of their wallet.

Your issue of not getting it off the card is only relevant if you were never going to spend any money at the Amex ever again.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Petrol bill ? You mean there overall bill of course. That said id doubt a family would be going anyway, since its also on a school night too. Either way, that £50 will now need to go back to the club.

I admire your persistence with this, however I think your well-made and finely nuanced points may be lost on some :)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The bottom line is that everyone who goes gets £15 back. This will be spent at future games instead of other cash. If it was done on travel, those of us who are elsewhere over the weekend and those who don't live locally can still benefit from the saving. I really can't see why anyone needs to nit-pick and try to find anything negative in what the club have announced.

After the debacle of the uni parking last night, this has cheered me up no end - even though it's not definite that I'll take up the offer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
IMHO the KC is one of the easier grounds to park at, similar to Bolton and Doncaster. There is a huge open official car park, accessed via the last left turn just before the KC as you approach from the motorway. Once in the car park head over to the far left corner and park close to the stewarded gate onto a walkway leading for about 150 metres direct to the away turnstiles. I recall this gate isn't well signposted but normally the away coaches are visible parked beyond that and on our last couple of visits the stewards also let away fans in that way from the car park. This gate is also very handy for a prompt getaway after the match.

The downside is the exit from the car park can be congested after the match and the roads in the vicinity aren't brilliant - but instead of retracing your arrival route, I have found that the traffic moves better if you turn right out of the car park, go over the level crossing, turn left and then look to regain your route back to the motorway from there. If you don't hang about after the final whistle then you could be back in your car and on your way home within 5 minutes or so.

Finally the KC looks a bit like a mini-Amex, with a similar 'wonky roof' but was clearly built to a budget, largely of exposed breeze blocks and steelwork. A nice stadium but underlines just how plush The Amex is.

Thanks for that ....are you normally allowed to sit where you want?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can't be arsed to go to Hull. Can I have £15 to spend on beer and twigglets to make my TV viewing more comfortable?

Meh, im going round in circles - no point anymore. Bottom line is only a few benefit and it wont add much more to the attendance.

The few who will benefit are the hero's who make the effort next Monday. Too right.

Those hiding behind their keyboard criticising every move the club makes will not. Too right.

And as for the argument that £15 as ecash is not a refund. Well that would mean you don't intend to spend any money with the club again, so if that's you, why the feck should the club give you anything.

Amazing gesture by the club. Only a moron could find something wrong with it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The few who will benefit are the hero's who make the effort next Monday. Too right.

Those hiding behind their keyboard criticising every move the club makes will not. Too right.

And as for the argument that £15 as ecash is not a refund. Well that would mean you don't intend to spend any money with the club again, so if that's you, why the feck should the club give you anything.

Amazing gesture by the club. Only a moron could find something wrong with it.

The ones who were going to go on Monday REGARDLESS of the offer are heroes for me, if your going because of the "offer" then fair play to you for being loyal or just able to go when some of us cant because of work or lack of money etc. I dont criticise every move the club makes, in fact i rarely criticise the club - and im not now in fact. As i have to keep repeating as people seem to keep ignoring what i post, it IS a good gesture, but it isnt all that it seems. Im not hiding behind my keyboard either, I would have gone on Monday regardless of the offer - unfortunately I have to work.

It technically isnt a "refund" though, is it ? A rebate is what it is so the club still get the money which you would have spent in the future anyway, so the club arent losing out on much really.

As for calling me a moron for stating my opinion on it - pot kettle black right there.

As said, it would have been better to get more people to go through travel incentives, which would also therefore be a gesture to those who were going anyway.

Has anyone got any coach prices from anyone yet please?

Blues Away are £35, there is a topic somewhere on NSC with details of pick-up points, how to book etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here