Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Selhurst - Amex Bike Ride 13th September

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yes I'm still keen on this, can we make it a race?

Count me in.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So far

BHAFC

1. 00snook
2. Uncle Spielberg
3. Brett Mendoza
4. Nathan Ritchie
5. Hamilton
6. Pogue Mahone
7. RT's Shin Pad
8. Bristol Seagull
9. Horsham Gull

CPFC

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
So far we have no interest from the CPFC end.

If any of the Palace boys that post on here are reading this, and also post on the BBS please can you champion the cause for us.

Thanks

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
I'm more than up for if you need any extra numbers.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Right then folks. If you're interested in this little charity venture please post your name and we can start properly making plans.
Also can you let any else know that you think may be interested, especially any Palace supporters who may want to do it.
Ta all, Frank.

Could someone make this a sticky please. Thanks.

I`m in

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Great news from Mutts there.

We have two from Palace confirmed, with another as a maybe, so the numbers are starting to climb.

BHAFC

1. 00snook
2. Uncle Spielberg
3. Brett Mendoza
4. Nathan Ritchie
5. Hamilton
6. Pogue Mahone
7. RT's Shin Pad
8. Bristol Seagull
9. Horsham Gull
10. Chucky20
11. Mutts Nuts

CPFC
1. Kevin T
2. Kevin T's mate
Maybe - cpfcfly

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Right then folks. If you're interested in this little charity venture please post your name and we can start properly making plans.
Also can you let any else know that you think may be interested, especially any Palace supporters who may want to do it.
Ta all, Frank.

Could someone make this a sticky please. Thanks.

Have you worked out how many pubs there are en route

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd like to be considered but need to find out if I could manage it first. Is there a reserve list?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Ok boys will put you on the maybe list and you can keep appraised of the situation and decide nearer the time.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
put me down as a maybe still

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Just don't let Comedy Steve navigate....

Flipping cheek! I was only navigating because Mendoza's route had us going down dual carriageways! We never got lost, and besides which eventually nearly everyone else wimped out and got in the minibus. Only some of us cycled the whole route * cough cough cough *. And I got a charity donation of over £1K, so I'm piously untouchable in this regard. :)

Oh yeah, put me down as a standby, ready for when all the piglet pantried lummoxes pull out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Excellent thats a few more on the list.

If any experienced cyclists would like to help with route planning etc please speak up.

I'm a maybe at the moment, and am interested.

Me, [MENTION=25389]Jay Cartwright[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] are all on STRAVA which does allow you to explore routes other cyclists use and does help to establish more regularly used cycle routes. There is also the Natural Cycle Networks website and free smart phone apps which may indicate their recommended routes that match what you're proposing.

I've often prepared a route for friends in Google maps, which is then fairly easy to export and convert into GPS format so that people can following a route on a smart phone or GPS device. For example MotionX GPS is a free gps app on the iphone and works off the gps chip and not the phone/3g signal. All you need then is a mount for the bike.

Yes and before you ask, I am often on the cycle geeks thread! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here