Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF - Palace to Amex Bike Ride - 29th September

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes (see his last post). And the thread it seems.

You're right. Jesus. So, US justgiving page was set up last night and he has now withdrawn in under 24 hours. I can understand why some are ribbing him over the other 5 events and the subsequent withdrawals.

Go on Gareth. See this one through, I'll give you a few quid.

Jesus bloody Christ, I'm all for a bit of Spielberg bashing when it's deserved, and there are plenty of times when it is, but for Charity work?

I would wager that Glover has, with the organisation of events, made it possible for people to raise tens of thousands of pounds where they wouldn't have otherwise.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Jesus bloody Christ, I'm all for a bit of Spielberg bashing when it's deserved, and there are plenty of times when it is, but for Charity work?

I would wager that Glover has, with the organisation of events, made it possible for people to raise tens of thousands of pounds where they wouldn't have otherwise.

Have to agree. US does spout some stuff I disagree with every now and then, but the chap does put his energy to good use. He's been a champion of REMF big time.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
US has put in an immeasurable number of hours for the REMF over the past decade, laying much of the ground work and beating the drum for this fantastic cause. For people to have a pop at him over this is quite frankly not on.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for the support. It is true I have set up some pages in the last year and withdrawn for various reasons so I guess I got some stick for that but I am going to step up to the plate for this one and have got the ball rolling on my justgiving page.

Any support to see me over the line would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Thanks for the support. It is true I have set up some pages in the last year and withdrawn for various reasons so I guess I got some stick for that but I am going to step up to the plate for this one and to have got the ball rolling. Any support to see me over the line would be much appreciated.

Best of luck US :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am going to do the ride in a CPFC shirt with Zaha 2-0 on it and will try and get some of those Palace guys to get their wallets out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I am going to do the ride in a CPFC shirt with Zaha 2-0 on it and will try and get some of those Palace guys to get their wallets out.

No need for big gestures. Head down, complete the ride, collect a few quid and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done, I reckon.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No need for big gestures. Head down, complete the ride, collect a few quid and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done, I reckon.

It is horrible to do but it may get some more money from those CPFC fans.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They've got their own riders, haven't they?

A few. I know a lot of the lads from CPFC over the years so hope the gesture will go down well with them. All for a good cause.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here