Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF - Palace to Amex Bike Ride - 29th September

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I am in the process of looking to change my taxi to a 7 or 8 seater in the next couple of weeks or so.
If it happens, you may have use of that (without the meter being switched on)

I've got a 7 seater people carrier that I'm happy to offer up as a support vehicle if required

Thanks both I am sure I will be taking you up on your kind offers (depending on how many total riders we get).

Keep an eye on the thread for more info as it comes out.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Very helpful KLF.

Perhaps if people haven't got anything positive to add to this thread, they should not post on it.

All we are trying to do here is raise some money for a great Charity. Please do not turn this thread into having a go at any one particular person, or a binfest (to use the terminology).

All I'm illustrating is that whilst there's a target of £250, people shouldn't feel embarrassed if they're not able to quite achieve that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All I'm illustrating is that whilst there's a target of £250, people shouldn't feel embarrassed if they're not able to quite achieve that.

I don't mind taking criticism but I created the page YESTERDAY EVENING, I repeat YESTERDAY EVENING. Sorry to not have raised £ 250 by now with 17 weeks to go. I really must try harder.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Apologies if my question kicked off a binfest, but the being asked to commit £250 really put me off something that I was initially interested in. I'm more than happy to pay an entry fee and ask close friends and family for sponsorship, but that sort of figure would require me asking all sorts of people and that's not really something that I feel comfortable with.

If there were strictly limited places which were likely to be oversubscribbed, then that approach is fine as you want the people who will raise the most money. I think with the football match and the marathon people did suggest this as the best approach, which is why I was after clarification, as I wasn't expecting this event to be limited to quite the same degree.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Apologies if my question kicked off a binfest, but the being asked to commit £250 really put me off something that I was initially interested in. I'm more than happy to pay an entry fee and ask close friends and family for sponsorship, but that sort of figure would require me asking all sorts of people and that's not really something that I feel comfortable with.

If there were strictly limited places which were likely to be oversubscribbed, then that approach is fine as you want the people who will raise the most money. I think with the football match and the marathon people did suggest this as the best approach, which is why I was after clarification, as I wasn't expecting this event to be limited to quite the same degree.

Don't be put off Bad Ash. I'm just going to raise as much as I can and do the ride. If it's over £250 then great, but if it is under it then I'm not going to lose any sleep. I think the target has just been placed there to see what we can all collectively achieve. Crack on I say! It all counts.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Happy for a company to advertise on my motor if anyone knows if a local company who'd be interested :)

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
What exactly is your point ? I created this page yesterday evening !!!!!!

I just think that setting a target for participants kind of sticks in the craw when you have failed or given up in your last four events to raise a single penny. You've not even sponsored yourself FFS. If it was me I'd have donated some money from anyone - even my dead dog - to make it look at least like I tried. Actually, no, if it was me I'd have raised some money.

By the way, I see you've now 'completed' the Brighton Marathon 2013. Well done. :clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To clarify I think the pops from 3 people were due to the fact in the last years I entered the half and full Brighton marathon and did not run in it, hence did not raise anything through justgiving over the last 12 months as shown on my page. It was a chance of a pop and they duly took it. Don't be put off as anything we can raise is more than not doing it. Just get behind James and the team, encourage them and support them as best you can.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just think that setting a target for participants kind of sticks in the craw when you have failed or given up in your last four events to raise a single penny. You've not even sponsored yourself FFS. If it was me I'd have donated some money from anyone - even my dead dog - to make it look at least like I tried. Actually, no, if it was me I'd have raised some money.

By the way, I see you've now 'completed' the Brighton Marathon 2013. Well done. :clap2:

Replied above. I was going to sponsor myself for the bike ride. I did set up the JG pages for the marathon full and half and the other was I think a parachute jump I had to pull out of for medical reasons but I have donated and raised a fair bit through JG over the years, the page just shows the last years and I have contributed a bit to the REMF since 2001 but you have had your say so I will withdraw from this and wish James and the team well.

Bradley

Sep 19, 2008
Replied above. I was going to sponsor myself for the bike ride. I did set up the JG pages for the marathon full and half and the other was I think a parachute jump I had to pull out of for medical reasons but I have donated and raised a fair bit through JG over the years, the page just shows the last years and I have contributed a bit to the REMF since 2001 but you have had your say so I will withdraw from this and wish James and the team well.

I know I'm only an occasional poster on this site (but long time lurker) but your gutlessness amazes me. Some random man off the internet has pointed out that you never see anything through and clearly can't be assed to get off your own backside to raise any funds yourself in any of five previous events. And your response? You could of proved him wrong and tryed to raise money for a very popular cause on here I feel. But no, you gutlessly quit almost to show everyone how you've been a victim again. It is a bit pathetic really.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
You do set yourself up for this a little US! There is also the dryathlete that you set up a page for which seems to have no donations (was there also a medical reason that you coudn't give up alcohol?) I'd love to see you complete something like the bike ride but your past history seems to say that this is unlikely. Go for it US and prove the "groovy gang" wrong! :clap2: I'll PLEDGE a tenner payable once you've done it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here