Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't see why we have gone from 4 to 1 to 9 to 2 on the back of Norwich losing as they were always going to lose that. 9 to 2 is bonkers

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't see why we have gone from 4 to 1 to 9 to 2 on the back of Norwich losing as they were always going to lose that. 9 to 2 is bonkers

Why? Realistically it’s 2 teams from 8. GD is a big indicator of who down there is competing more often than not. 3 pts above the drop zone with better GD, 9/2 is probably about right.

We as fans of course see it as far more likely, but fans don’t set odds algorithms.

Up to 5/1 now.

Clearly our best remedy is not to play league games & watch the opposition lose theirs.

7EB4928B-917B-4506-B638-20F52586BB64.png

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Looks like a decent point today, with other results going our way... Palace now on 33 points and are out to 20/1 for relegation, looking to have enough to beat the drop...

Bet 365 odds are as follow, with 7 teams in the mixer...

Newcastle 7/1
Brighton 11/2
Bournemouth 10/11
Villa 8/11
West Ham 5/4
Watford 7/4
Norwich 1/14

Watford, West Ham and Norwich each have a game in hand but are away to Man Utd, Liverpool and Wolves respectively so I wouldn’t anticipate many points picked up in those fixtures ..

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Bookies odds mean very little, they change often by a lot simply depending on results each week. If We lost at home to palace and Newcastle ( hopefully not ) we will probably be evens to get relegated. Don’t bother looking at odds, complete waste of time.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Bookies odds mean very little, they change often by a lot simply depending on results each week. If We lost at home to palace and Newcastle ( hopefully not ) we will probably be evens to get relegated. Don’t bother looking at odds, complete waste of time.

If bookies odds didn't change after a couple of games they wouldn't be worth looking at. I doubt there are many Norwich fans saying don't believe the bookies odds we will be fine.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yes but they’re rarely wrong.

So agreed, not 100% guaranteed but a good measure of where we’re at.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
There is/has been some 10-1 available on Betfair for small amounts since those games finished today.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This. They’re a measure of sentiment from neutrals and professional bookies/punters. Taking into account remaining fixtures amongst other things.

Ho harm in keeping an eye on them.

7/1 now

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Beat Palace and before 3 o’clock Saturday 12/1?

i'm actually excited for Saturday. Missed quite a few games already and gave up my season ticket (no regrets) but looking forward to this fixture. I'm also confident for some strange reason.

Off to Prague in the morning first. Just noticed Easyjet have released new routes from Gatwick and Tirana is one of them. That's me sorted next year for a city break.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
i'm actually excited for Saturday. Missed quite a few games already and gave up my season ticket (no regrets) but looking forward to this fixture. I'm also confident for some strange reason.

Off to Prague in the morning first. Just noticed Easyjet have released new routes from Gatwick and Tirana is one of them. That's me sorted next year for a city break.

Albania! I don’t know anyone who’s tried it before. Should be interesting, before it gets wholly westernised.:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here