Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referee tonight

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The right answer.

At the beginning of the match, Marseilles found that if they went down, the whistle blew…..every single f***ing time.

Our opposition then used this to their advantage at every moment. Breaking up play and our flow wherever they were out of possession. Bunch-o-kynts.

What a weak, pathetic and arrogant ref. Buying all their acting each time.

He’ll never get the publicity he deserves now cos we won. Hope we never see him again.
TBF, both teams were going down easily and there was no shortage of dubious free kicks on both sides.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by this thread, I take it we won?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Very picky ref who couldn't get a grip on the time wasting and blee for everything rather than let the game flow.

Anyone who thinks that was a good display is either blinded by the result or had made up their mind before the game that European refs are so much better

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Was certain that mitoma got pushed over in the first half and was sure it was a pen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought he was decent.
Should also mention that VAR didn’t feel the need to stop the game up and check things that weren’t clear and obvious, as is their wont in the PL.
I was convinced our goal was offside. Not seen any replays. My main criticism is he should have got the book out earlier (timewasting, some fouls) and then went mad with the cards towards the end. Why was Dunk booked?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Best ref I’ve seen this season. Shows the poor quality we have officiating the Premier League
Err, other than suddenly deciding to book everyone after booking one of theirs. He also gave a foul every time someone fell over.

Streets ahead of most refs still but I thought hooper did better at the Burnley game without falling for the falling over stuff so much

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thought he was ok.

Although, we thought we saw a back pass to the keeper in the first half that nobody picked up on because it came straight after a stop in play.
Yes I thought that too we threw the ball to them, they passed to the keeper and he picked it up.i was gobsmacked

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The right answer.

At the beginning of the match, Marseilles found that if they went down, the whistle blew…..every single f***ing time.

Our opposition then used this to their advantage at every moment. Breaking up play and our flow wherever they were out of possession. Bunch-o-kynts.

What a weak, pathetic and arrogant ref. Buying all their acting each time.

He’ll never get the publicity he deserves now cos we won. Hope we never see him again.
I can't make up my mind about him. I thought he got most calls right, but he needs to book the timewasters, or shoo them off the field for the 30 second penalty (which never happened once), not holding up play to make them stand up and carry on. At least he wasn't having bantz with the top boys, like that arse Hoops. Hope you got home OK! Well....obviously you did, unless you've been posting on NSC while propped up at the WU bar :wink:

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Very picky ref who couldn't get a grip on the time wasting and blee for everything rather than let the game flow.

Anyone who thinks that was a good display is either blinded by the result or had made up their mind before the game that European refs are so much better
While I somewhat agree about the pickiness… which premier league referee would you have preferred to have tonight instead?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Weird, I thought he was terrible. Fell for every trick in the book Marseille tried, and they very nearly got away with it.
This. Up until.this post I couldn't believe what I was reading. A player only had to fall over for him to blow for a free.kick. He even gave Buenonotte a free kick for slipping over.

Absolutely GASH ref.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Generally OK. As other have said, 5 minutes injury time was absolutely ridiculous but luckily it ultimately penalised the time wasting team.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Gesturing to their players and literally pulling them to their feet himself when he knew they were faking injury.. absolutely brilliant. More of that in PL please!
Yes that was good but he was conned a lot by them and should have definitely given their goalie a yellow for timewasting early doors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here