Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rees Mogg / Andrew Bridgen Grenfell

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As if Rees Mogg has stepped foot in a high rise dwelling in his life.

"What would I do in that situation..."

Shut up you horrible horrible man.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Did anybody not realise Reece Mogg was a ****? Pretty dim people if they didnt.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The point being JRM made a silly comment. He knows that but to make it out as more than that is ridiiculous political postuering. Well that is my view, decent debate

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Did anybody not realise Reece Mogg was a ****? Pretty dim people if they didnt.

I was given advice to ignore your opinion, but in hindsight I can see that in fact you are 100% correct.

Although tomorrow I may say something different if people point out that what I have said made me look like a no nothing ignoramus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Forgive the political comment, but it was his mate who closed down 10 fire stations, and got rid of 500 firefighters, whilst mayor of London.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
‘‘Twas the same with the riots, all the experts “knew” what should have been done after the event and when the smoke had cleared. Being on the front line at a time of crisis is bad enough, without knowing politicians will score points over any mistakes made...

It is particularly galling when the biggest mistakes were made by politicians and ignoring that whilst they try to score points over other peoples supposed mistakes.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The point being JRM made a silly comment. He knows that but to make it out as more than that is ridiiculous political postuering. Well that is my view, decent debate

Silly comment, are you for real - this is JRM we’re talking about, not Boris...!

If a politician can’t engage their brain before talking then they shouldn’t be in a position of power.

The simple fact is the report, or certainly the part that has been used by the media, has laid a lot of the blame at the feet of the LFB and largely ignored the council (Tory) part in the disaster. JRM clearly saw this as another opportunity to keep the Tory councils name out of the limelight, blame the proles for getting themselves killed...!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
As if Rees Mogg has stepped foot in a high rise dwelling in his life.

"What would I do in that situation..."

Shut up you horrible horrible man.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

It is akin to let them eat cake isnt it (and yes I know that was some good spin doctoring against her).

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Another classic day in Tory election campaigning:
▪️Release doctored video from GMB interview
▪️Sit on report about Russian interference
▪️Abandon promise to give MPs vote on transition extension
▪️Report reveals they built 0 houses out of 200K
▪️Rees-Mogg blames Grenfell victims
▪️Bridgen says they lacked intelligence

Don’t be manipulated people.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I felt that Rees-Mogg was merely saying he would have taken a different course of action but rather screwed his phraseology up.

I can't get past Brigden though. That's really bad.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I felt that Rees-Mogg was merely saying he would have taken a different course of action but rather screwed his phraseology up.

I can't get past Brigden though. That's really bad.

In his case, and anyone else in a similar position, if you don’t know what you’re talking about - shut the **** up! That way you can’t screw up your phraseology.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry I know it's on another thread, but I'm uncomfortable using THAT thread to discuss Grenfell.

Anyway - if it couldn't get any worse for the loony right of the Tory Party, Andrew Bridgen (you know, the really really thick ERG member who thought all English people are entitled to an Irish Passport) defends Rees Moog comments on the basis he is is more intelligent than the firefighters and the victims.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-defends-jacob-rees-20818947

Yep, that's what the Tory party have become.

Whoops

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There is silly and there is callous and stupid. Nobody has to make out that it is anything more than that. It speaks for itself.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

His problem is saying that it would have been the only common sense thing to do, Which implies that those on the top floors of a burning building lacked common sense by staying put as they were told to do.

No one would have really known what they may have run into on an escape, and just opening your front door could turn your home into an incinerator. Depending on where you were in the building would also be a factor in decision making, and also your own physical ability and age etc. The old disabled people, carers and children lacked common sense trying to escape down potentially burning stairwells.

If it wasn't for the cladding being added to the building then staying put would be correct. He should be chucked in a burning block of flats with his elderly mum and disabled dad and then make his decisions in real time with a stay put instruction and without the benefit of the hindsight.

It just proves how detached from reality these people are and for some reason they have been chosen to make important decisions in running the country.

Jan 30, 2008
I am not a great fan of Rees Mogg but he is getting a battering from his opponents when he just said he would not stay in a burning building. Clumsy yes but making out he is insulting people and he is more intelligent, nah. I don't think he mean't that or even implied it. I think most of us would feel uneasy being told to stay in a burning building
liberal bed wetters for you
regards
DF

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Silly comment, are you for real - this is JRM we’re talking about, not Boris...!

If a politician can’t engage their brain before talking then they shouldn’t be in a position of power.

The simple fact is the report, or certainly the part that has been used by the media, has laid a lot of the blame at the feet of the LFB and largely ignored the council (Tory) part in the disaster. JRM clearly saw this as another opportunity to keep the Tory councils name out of the limelight, blame the proles for getting themselves killed...!

What you are saying is JRM is some sort of bloke that actually thinks the people deserved it as they were stupid. He may not be to your political leaning but this is the trouble with politics now is a complete hyperbole to make out the people who are of a different political party are somehow the devil. It is all off the scale on both sides now

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
What you are saying is JRM is some sort of bloke that actually thinks the people deserved it as they were stupid. He may not be to your political leaning but this is the trouble with politics now is a complete hyperbole to make out the people who are of a different political party are somehow the devil. It is all off the scale on both sides now

Out of interest what point do you think he was trying to make here and why?

Edit: Since that is a leading question the answer to this should lead you to why he is an abhorrent individual

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here