Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality check re: Bobby Zamora

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tony Bloom has said categorically that Zamora isn't coming back. Can we stop this tedium now please.

Under present conditions maybe-circumstances can change quickly though just like a poker game.

Still if i were a gambling type i would place my money on him not coming back.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Someone on here posted to say he'd spoken to TB, who in turn said that BZ wasn't coming back.

Hold on, that sounded a lot more watertight when I initially read it.

I've tried to search NSC for it, but can't work out how to search for a phrase rather than a word: Sir Tony of Bloom being the specific term...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Someone on here posted to say he'd spoken to TB, who in turn said that BZ wasn't coming back.

I've tried to search NSC for it, but can't work out how to search for a phrase rather than a word: Sir Tony of Bloom being the specific term...
So you've taken something you read on here, and passed it on as categorically correct? Interesting! :lol:

Here's something else thats categorically correct. I spoke to Lord Lucan last week, and he's doing well living in a cave in Dorset. He did have Shergar as a pet, but sadly he died of horse aids last year.

Also Bobby Zamora is joining us on a season long loan, with a view to a permentant signing at the end of the season. Categorically :lol: :wink:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Think it was on Twitter rather than on here.

@tslr Just had a drink with Sir Tony of Bloom and he assures us there'll be a striker by Sept. But it won't be Bobby

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
So you've taken something you read on here, and passed it on as categorically correct? Interesting! :lol:

Here's something else thats categorically correct. I spoke to Lord Lucan last week, and he's doing well living in a cave in Dorset. He did have Shergar as a pet, but sadly he died of horse aids last year.

Also Bobby Zamora is joining us on a season long loan, with a view to a permentant signing at the end of the season. Categorically :lol: :wink:

Think it was on Twitter rather than on here.

@tslr Just had a drink with Sir Tony of Bloom and he assures us there'll be a striker by Sept. But it won't be Bobby

Thanks Beardy Gull, yes that was it. Still feel like a bit of a muppet though!!

magicman555

Aug 27, 2008
i was also with tony yesterday in that little beer garden outside hull station. he did say that bobby wasnt coiming back due to the wage structure. BUT .... he was grinning like a cat that got the cream whenever we asked questions about the illusive striker......he also said we were talking to more than one striker so it definatly looks good. if brighton are talking to bobby he will be the first person to say that they are not......dosent tell people when he gets dealt A A does he? i left knowing were all in for a massive treat before this transfer window shuts :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
i was also with tony yesterday in that little beer garden outside hull station. he did say that bobby wasnt coiming back due to the wage structure. BUT .... he was grinning like a cat that got the cream whenever we asked questions about the illusive striker......he also said we were talking to more than one striker so it definatly looks good. if brighton are talking to bobby he will be the first person to say that they are not......dosent tell people when he gets dealt A A does he? i left knowing were all in for a massive treat before this transfer window shuts :)

He is double bluffing you, no striker will be signed this week lol

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Does anyone on here know Bobby??

magicman555

Aug 27, 2008
was good meeting him

Attachments

• tony bloom.jpg
    tony bloom.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 79

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

We were sat next to Tony on the train into Hull yesterday and all he would say when asked about a striker was that the club were talking to more than 3 different players and that they were still looking into various options but it hasn't been easy.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
We need to be realistic about this rumour.

The fact is Zamora is on around 50k a week at QPR - we do not have a single player paid even approaching half that.

He only joined QPR last season. Hughes clearly rates him and the club invested a sizeable sum in him. If we can't afford 2.5m for the guy who started for Hull today, we definitely can't afford to buy Zamora.

A team likely to be down the bottom end of the Premier League will want four to five striking options.

Even if they DID want to sell and we COULD afford him , teams like Villa and Sunderland are both in the market for his sort of player.

I don't want us to head in the direction of Pompey and pay high wages to gamble on success.

A far more realistic move would be for Jay Bothroyd on loan from QPR. Similar style, less wages, less in demand and further down the Loftus Road pecking order.

Bobby is not coming back.
and bothroyd is on 50k a week????

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at QPR's last two games, BZ is obviously proving he is the best striker at that club so little chance of us getting him until we are either prem or BZ is a lot older.....oh well!

Caveat: I realise 99% of NSC knew we'd not sign the lad anyway

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Looking at QPR's last two games, BZ is obviously proving he is the best striker at that club so little chance of us getting him until we are either prem or BZ is a lot older.....oh well!

Caveat: I realise 99% of NSC knew we'd not sign the lad anyway

A lot older ? He's over 31 now, he'll be retired in a couple of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here