Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality check re: Bobby Zamora

we hate palace

Aug 4, 2012
north chailey
Which is bollocks.

If we do have a wage cap, then its f***ing high for the championship.

If we are so poor, and the wages we pay are so shit, then why on earth are we having such hassle offloading Gus' out casts.

If Harley, Hoskins, Vincealot and Sparrow are squad players for a team that is in the lower reaches of the Championship wages wise, why has no one taken them......???

Don't believe everything you hear come out of Gus' mouth!

totally agree it was said by gus in june we have a better budget than last year so we have only paid one transfer fee but he is saying that most teams in the championship have a higher budget than us i dont believe a word of it, if we cant compete with other clubs how did he sign cms and vicente , gus is just holding his cards close to his chest , the chairman is not going to spend the money he is spending on the stadium if the club is not able to compete with the top six he wants premier league football its as simple as that

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
totally agree it was said by gus in june we have a better budget than last year so we have only paid one transfer fee but he is saying that most teams in the championship have a higher budget than us i dont believe a word of it, if we cant compete with other clubs how did he sign cms and vicente , gus is just holding his cards close to his chest , the chairman is not going to spend the money he is spending on the stadium if the club is not able to compete with the top six he wants premier league football its as simple as that
Well we managed to out compete WHU for CMS and anyone can see how they chuck money around!!!!

But then CMS did come here for footballing reasons, which is maybe why we are having such a hard time signing a striker, because no one wants to come here for footballing reasons after they see what we've turned CMS into. :lol:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I will spell it out for you. Its bullshit. I think you will find the manger represnets the club. The chairman represents the club. And the board represent the club. Unless I'm missing one of your three sources, I'd say thats the club!! If we have a wage cap, its not 10k. Maybe you can claim its a wages cap, and some players are paid by a third party, but at least two players are paid well over 10k. One well well well over 10k.

And besides, if we are that poor in football terms, why are we struggling to offload the hangers on? I doubt its because we pay such shit wages that at least 3 or 4 are sitting tight!!!!!

Are we trying to offload anyone? Who's on the transfer list? I wasn't aware anyone was.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As the saying goes, if the wage cap fits, then wear it....If not, then sit in the sun, whinge a bit or a lot until someone comes back with the cap that does fit you. Max wage £12k a week lol,,,,total and utter crap...You can near double that in some cases.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I do find it amazing how so many people on here are so "in the know" about how much money all the players are on!! to my knowledge this sort of information is always kept VERY private, so everyones opinions on here can be nothing more than pure speculation!!

Oh and can i say how lovely it is to have a very rare thread on here about BZ, it seems we have now got to the stage where he either has been within 20 zillion miles of Brighton and he is obviously coming back, or he does not start a game for his present club and he has fallen out with that said club and obviously is coming back!!

And please don't forget to remind me of the time he was interviewed and the interviewer said Brighton fans love you and he replied......I love them........*creamy pants time!!! :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I reckon a loan deal is a strong possibility

We can pay a relative percentage,Fulham the rest and what with appearance and goal bonuses,plus a "secret" Play off/Promotion sweetener to Bobby-say £3M could clinch it?

Dreaming i know but i feel it could work-Booby the clock is ticking,do the right thing...

Now i must check last nights lottery results

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We can pay a relative percentage,Fulham the rest and what with appearance and goal bonuses,plus a "secret" Play off/Promotion sweetener to Bobby-say £3M could clinch it?

Dreaming i know but i feel it could work-Booby the clock is ticking,do the right thing...

Now i must check last nights lottery results

Why would Fulham agree to pay any of his wages? :rolleyes:

I'd make QPR pay :wink:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I do find it amazing how so many people on here are so "in the know" about how much money all the players are on!! to my knowledge this sort of information is always kept VERY private, so everyones opinions on here can be nothing more than pure speculation!!

Oh and can i say how lovely it is to have a very rare thread on here about BZ, it seems we have now got to the stage where he either has been within 20 zillion miles of Brighton and he is obviously coming back, or he does not start a game for his present club and he has fallen out with that said club and obviously is coming back!!

And please don't forget to remind me of the time he was interviewed and the interviewer said Brighton fans love you and he replied......I love them........*creamy pants time!!! :lol:

Yes, yes, we know BZ threads irk you. Thing is, this is a Brighton & Hove Albion messageboard, so speculation about a Brighton legend who appears to be down the pecking order at his current club posssibly joining us on loan in a similar deal to the Bridge one are hardly surprising are they?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Bobby is not coming back.

I love statements like this. I'm not saying for a minute it'll happen, or if any conversations between clubs have taken place, I know jack shit - as do you. However, I'd find this kind of conversation a bit strange....

MH "Bobby, Brighton are interested in taking you on loan if we pay the majority of your wages. Fancy playing in front of 28k adoring fans for a while as I can't guarantee you a starting place? I'll have an instant re-call option in case things go tits-up here"

BZ "Nah, I'd rather warm the bench here thanks Mark"

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yes, yes, we know BZ threads irk you. Thing is, this is a Brighton & Hove Albion messageboard, so speculation about a Brighton legend who appears to be down the pecking order at his current club posssibly joining us on loan in a similar deal to the Bridge one are hardly surprising are they?

Not at all, but on a virtual daily basis gets a bit tiresome IMO, and I do stem from the "don't go back" crowd, and using your words, "a Brighton legend" personally I would rather he stays that way in my mind.

And the main point of my post was the astounding knowledge many have about how much players earn.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not at all, but on a virtual daily basis gets a bit tiresome IMO, and I do stem from the "don't go back" crowd, and using your words, "a Brighton legend" personally I would rather he stays that way in my mind.

And the main point of my post was the astounding knowledge many have about how much players earn.

I am in the never go back crowd too,but with Bobby i will make an exception and i'd imagine some people know players personally on here. I do,well if your happy to include Ex players

That said some things must remain private and there is much speculation.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

sensible post this
we have 30k people watching/paying now nearly every week how many do QPR have
we have 8 k extra watching which in money terms must be 200k a week
we are not as broke as some might like you to think
having said that I still don't think Bobby is coming home but with Tony and Gus you never know and as some have said there are cheaper options
last thing if QPR are paying Bobby 90k a week they are riding on a knife edge

bob monkhouse

Hmmmm........
Jul 6, 2003
Liphook
sensible post this
having said that I still don't think Bobby is coming home but with Tony and Gus you never know and as some have said there are cheaper options

Not forgetting QPR getting the reported £90 million per season for being in the prem though .....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
sensible post this

It all makes you wonder how we will ever compete if/when yes i prefer when we reach the top flight,i suspect we are going about things the correct way,but i think we are in the staging process as we have not had regular championship gates,benefits for a sustained period,so i think we will get financially stronger as time goes by

that said there is a timeline to keep to in my opinion,an important one and this is it,Gus and attendances-

Gus,if we fail to better last season this term and Gus receives an offer to go from a higher placed club,i think he would seriously consider it.

Attendances,will drop eventually ,so i strongly feel we must capitalize and strike whilst the iron is hot so to speak.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not to mention promotions £90Million benefits if we go up help too

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Fair enough. Fortunately I don't read NSC every day:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here