Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality check re: Bobby Zamora

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Zamora isn't on 50k a week.

Try halving that

You are right. He is not on £50K a week. For some reason I have £70K a week in my mind. Sure I read it somehwhere.

You are wrong on your second point though. No way is he on £25K a week. He is a Premiership Striker!!

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Zamora was reported to have said he wanted £90k to join us, Amit Bhatia has said he got a pay rise but far closer to the £45k he was on at Fulham. Seems to be thought he's on £50-60k.

Today despite an absolute shocker all round he was left warming the bench. :shrug:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
If the money situation could be sorted out , I don't think it's out of the question to have him on loan and maybe pay 50% of his wages. He does seem to be down the pecking order at QPR with Cisse , Mackie, Hoilett and Johnson all ahead of him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as much as i love Zamora, reports that he is on 90k seem fantasy land. they have money at QPR, but aren't stupid and you dont need to double someones wages if they are unsettled and looking for an exit, as Zamora was once Jol came to Fulham.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
We need to be realistic about this rumour.

The fact is Zamora is on around 50k a week at QPR - we do not have a single player paid even approaching half that.

Bobby is not coming back.
I think you will find that whilst we do not have anyone on wages even approaching that, we do have one player on wages over half that:whistle:

Chances of Bobby coming back on a permanent transfer this season..... not a lot... on a permanent transfer:drool:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Zamora isn't on 50k a week.

Try halving that

Widely reported that he is I'm afraid. He's was on £45k at Fulham and didn't move for a pay cut.

There are some bonkers wages in the premier league. I seem to recall being told from the horses mouth what a Charlton reserve player was on we were trying to get on loan a few years ago. I was astounded.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It has been widely reported and commented by the board, the chairman and Gus that we have a wage cap. What that cap is, we don't know.
We do have a player in the team who is on 90K a week but we're only paying 10K of that.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It has been widely reported and commented by the board, the chairman and Gus that we have a wage cap. What that cap is, we don't know.
We do have a player in the team who is on 90K a week but we're only paying 10K of that.
Which is bollocks.

If we do have a wage cap, then its f***ing high for the championship.

If we are so poor, and the wages we pay are so shit, then why on earth are we having such hassle offloading Gus' out casts.

If Harley, Hoskins, Vincealot and Sparrow are squad players for a team that is in the lower reaches of the Championship wages wise, why has no one taken them......???

Don't believe everything you hear come out of Gus' mouth!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Which is bollocks.

If we do have a wage cap, then its f***ing high for the championship.

If we are so poor, and the wages we pay are so shit, then why on earth are we having such hassle offloading Gus' out casts.

If Harley, Hoskins, Vincealot and Sparrow are squad players for a team that is in the lower reaches of the Championship wages wise, why has no one taken them......???

Don't believe everything you hear come out of Gus' mouth!

I don't, as you will see if you read my post again as I quoted 3 sources.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I will spell it out for you. The manager is not the club (fortunately) I have heard the chairman say it.
I will spell it out for you. Its bullshit. I think you will find the manger represnets the club. The chairman represents the club. And the board represent the club. Unless I'm missing one of your three sources, I'd say thats the club!! If we have a wage cap, its not 10k. Maybe you can claim its a wages cap, and some players are paid by a third party, but at least two players are paid well over 10k. One well well well over 10k.

And besides, if we are that poor in football terms, why are we struggling to offload the hangers on? I doubt its because we pay such shit wages that at least 3 or 4 are sitting tight!!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bobby Z.....Come home lad!

I no fan of players returning after years away,but i have seen 3 i can remember doing well if i recall- O'reilly,Foster & case,perhaps others i'm not sure but time is running out-lets hope he hears you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I will spell it out for you. Its bullshit. I think you will find the manger represnets the club. The chairman represents the club. And the board represent the club. Unless I'm missing one of your three sources, I'd say thats the club!! If we have a wage cap, its not 10k. Maybe you can claim its a wages cap, and some players are paid by a third party, but at least two players are paid well over 10k. One well well well over 10k.

And besides, if we are that poor in football terms, why are we struggling to offload the hangers on? I doubt its because we pay such shit wages that at least 3 or 4 are sitting tight!!!!!

The chairman owns the club and makes the decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here