Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality check re: Bobby Zamora

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We need to be realistic about this rumour.

The fact is Zamora is on around 50k a week at QPR - we do not have a single player paid even approaching half that.

He only joined QPR last season. Hughes clearly rates him and the club invested a sizeable sum in him. If we can't afford 2.5m for the guy who started for Hull today, we definitely can't afford to buy Zamora.

A team likely to be down the bottom end of the Premier League will want four to five striking options.

Even if they DID want to sell and we COULD afford him , teams like Villa and Sunderland are both in the market for his sort of player.

I don't want us to head in the direction of Pompey and pay high wages to gamble on success.

A far more realistic move would be for Jay Bothroyd on loan from QPR. Similar style, less wages, less in demand and further down the Loftus Road pecking order.

Bobby is not coming back.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Reality check in general regarding striking options. Just about all the names suggested are unrealistic and the ones that actually are realistic like Beckford and Barnard just get shot down and complained about, it already reads like a Pompey forum in some ways.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

The fact is Zamora is on around 50k a week at QPR - we do not have a single player paid even approaching half that.

He only joined QPR last season. Hughes clearly rates him and the club invested a sizeable sum in him. If we can't afford 2.5m for the guy who started for Hull today, we definitely can't afford to buy Zamora.

A team likely to be down the bottom end of the Premier League will want four to five striking options.

Even if they DID want to sell and we COULD afford him , teams like Villa and Sunderland are both in the market for his sort of player.

I don't want us to head in the direction of Pompey and pay high wages to gamble on success.

A far more realistic move would be for Jay Bothroyd on loan from QPR. Similar style, less wages, less in demand and further down the Loftus Road pecking order.

Do you know what wages jay bothroyd is on ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Only way I can see Bobby coming back is a Wayne Bridge type situation where they pay a massive portion of his wages because they are never going to use him. I don't think Bobby is likely to be in that situation, not in the immediate future anyway. I think he's on more than £50k too.

I've been touting Bothroyd on 'who would you like' type threads all summer but even he's probably making more racks than we can pay.

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Zamora isn't on 50k a week.

Try halving that

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
spoke to bobby he told me he is on £23.23 a week with a bonus of a wham bar every time he scores

D

Deleted member 2719

Not listening....................la la la la la.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We need to be realistic about this rumour.<br />
<br />
The fact is Zamora is on around 50k a week at QPR - we do not have a single player paid even approaching half that.<br />
<br />
He only joined QPR last season. Hughes clearly rates him and the club invested a sizeable sum in him. If we can't afford 2.5m for the guy who started for Hull today, we definitely can't afford to buy Zamora. <br />
<br />
A team likely to be down the bottom end of the Premier League will want four to five striking options.<br />
<br />
Even if they DID want to sell and we COULD afford him , teams like Villa and Sunderland are both in the market for his sort of player.<br />
<br />
I don't want us to head in the direction of Pompey and pay high wages to gamble on success. <br />
<br />
A far more realistic move would be for Jay Bothroyd on loan from QPR. Similar style, less wages, less in demand and further down the Loftus Road pecking order.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Zamora isn't on 50k a week.<br />
<br />
Try halving that

Its widely reported hes on AT LEAST 50k. He was on 45 at Fulham and they had to up it to get him to move.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Zamora isn't on 50k a week.

Try halving that

I've tried that...and it's wrong.

He IS on at least £50k. He was on £45k at Fulham and QPR beat that when they were desperate to sign players to avoid relegation in January.

That is why Djibril Cisse is on MEGA MONEY

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There's was an article on Bobby Z moving to QPR and they upped his wages from 45K to 50K.
The 90K 'figure' was from Mr Z reportedly claiming he wanted to move from Fulham to a better club and double his wages.

From what Gus was quoted as saying earlier, near enough every name that's been named on NSC is unattainable.
Especially Greg Bobkin. Reported 195K p/w.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here