Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Real Madrid talking to RDZ ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'd also have to stop reading NSC as it would cause more arguments and upset than Brexit, Palestine and the World's Toughest Creature all rolled in to one.
It would be a great idea if just the very few posters who dominate this forum ( one in particular who has been a member relatively recently who rarely posts a reply of 'critisism/advice/ know-all knowledge' in less than 500 words) would take a break. . It might just give this forum a better balance and more posters to express their views.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
jim carrey disbelief GIF

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It would be a great idea if just the very few posters who dominate this forum ( one in particular who has been a member relatively recently who rarely posts a reply of 'critisism/advice/ know-all knowledge' in less than 500 words) would take a break. . It might just give this forum a better balance and more posters to express their views.
This forum would be a much more pleasant place if your ban was reinstated but we cant all get what we want can we - so why don’t you give it a rest for once and stop making veiled attacks against me on every thread you post on?

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm banned ..????

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Please take care with personal stuff like that, behind posts/posters we might not like, there’s a person. Often with sensitivities, sometimes mental health vulnerabilities.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Please take care with personal stuff like that, behind posts/posters we might not like, there’s a person. Often with sensitivities, sometimes mental health vulnerabilities.
A valid point indeed.

Interesting that you say " a poster WE might not like "...thankyou.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’ve been saying for a while that I predict RDZ to move on in the summer and to be replaced by (drumroll please)… Graham Potter.

Italian managers don’t tend to hang around long and Roberto said one more season. Potter left with Barber and Bloom’s blessing and still lives locally. He had us progressing, finishing in 9th and sitting in 5th. He’s unattached, knows the squad and he’s disappeared in a Curbishley’esque fashion.

Just a hunch, but I could see it happening.
No way. He’s hanging on for the England job available from summer 2024. Currently bookies favourite, and would we want him back. I wouldn’t.
I’d think that Knutsen of Bodo Glimt would be high on our succession list.
The advantage of only letting a manger go at the end of a season is that we would have time to plan.
Hopefully Roberto will stay though.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No way. He’s hanging on for the England job available from summer 2024. Currently bookies favourite.
I always thought Potter would be suitable for the England Under 23s in the meantime - defo can’t see him being welcomed back at Brighton - at least not by the fans 😳

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Oh well.. Luckily De Zerbi has a job right now, which I hope keeps him busy at Brighton. Much better than some of the unemployed who don't actually doing anything but just talk bollocks 24/7.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
:smile:

I don't mind "him/her" at all, despite some politics differences, I was thinking of where I've had rows with others.
Fair play to you. At least you have managed to get a word in edgeways with others.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I think he knows he isn't ready for that job yet.

His strength is developing a squad of young and committed players to play his style.
Needs to prove himself with a lower club first.

If we win the Europa League, taking down another European giant in the process, then this might have legs.
But for now it feels like Real just making introductions and building a relationship for the future.
His strength is in being a f***ing legend - if he goes then fine , if he stays wicked.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I said “a bit” not all.

Losing it on the touchline, moaning (justifiably) about refs. Not happy with the squad depth in certain positions (ceiling?)

Just my take
But there are loads of managers like that. Why suggest Poyet?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm not sure De Zerbi,s ideas will work for long. While he is with us , I hope they do.

We do seem to be failing more now in beating the "low block"...( whatever that is ..). It will be interesting to see how he does over the next 10-12 games. It goes without saying, that I hope he succeeds.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why not just block them off they get to you *that* much? Also, I'm not sure how one person's posts would prevent another one from expressing their views :shrug:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why not just block them off they get to you *that* much? Also, I'm not sure how one person's posts would prevent another one from expressing their views :shrug:
I think you have a valid point about "blocking them off " but I tend to leave that to Harry Wilsons something or other.

I like to read other peoples opinions....it's healthy. What I don't care for for, is posters who litter so many threads with their "wise" words ( and an awful lot of words ) and dominating threads. Long postings rarely have any effect other than to bore the reader to death. That can be a great pity. Repeatedly posting such long replies looks like a poster who could possibly have mental health problems and would be far wiser for their own sanity to step away from their keyboard. I say that, with no malice intended.

A classic case, is of a poster on the Brexit thread, who is there on most days pointing out the failings of brexiteers. I doubt that particular poster with his utter arrogance has changed a single persons view on Brexit....( and if you see where I live, I am actually staunchly opposed to breixiteers. ! ). He is an insufferable bore......

but to quote an ex-manager...It is what it is.

I thankyou for your thoughts anyway

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Zeberdi has been invaluable in the Israel/Palestine thread, I'm sure others agree. You should block instead of trying to shut them down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here