Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Real Madrid talking to RDZ ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think you have a valid point about "blocking them off " but I tend to leave that to Harry Wilsons something or other.

I like to read other peoples opinions....it's healthy. What I don't care for for, is posters who litter so many threads with their "wise" words ( and an awful lot of words ) and dominating threads. Long postings rarely have any effect other than to bore the reader to death. That can be a great pity. Repeatedly posting such long replies looks like a poster who could possibly have mental health problems and would be far wiser for their own sanity to step away from their keyboard. I say that, with no malice intended.

A classic case, is of a poster on the Brexit thread, who is there on most days pointing out the failings of brexiteers. I doubt that particular poster with his utter arrogance has changed a single persons view on Brexit....( and if you see where I live, I am actually staunchly opposed to breixiteers. ! ). He is an insufferable bore......

but to quote an ex-manager...It is what it is.

I thankyou for your thoughts anyway
TL;DR

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think you have a valid point about "blocking them off " but I tend to leave that to Harry Wilsons something or other.

I like to read other peoples opinions....it's healthy. What I don't care for for, is posters who litter so many threads with their "wise" words ( and an awful lot of words ) and dominating threads. Long postings rarely have any effect other than to bore the reader to death. That can be a great pity. Repeatedly posting such long replies looks like a poster who could possibly have mental health problems and would be far wiser for their own sanity to step away from their keyboard. I say that, with no malice intended.

A classic case, is of a poster on the Brexit thread, who is there on most days pointing out the failings of brexiteers. I doubt that particular poster with his utter arrogance has changed a single persons view on Brexit....( and if you see where I live, I am actually staunchly opposed to breixiteers. ! ). He is an insufferable bore......

TL;DR

:wink:

(Edit: too late!)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

I like to read other people's opinions, unless I think they're too long and boring?? Is that the gist of it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It would be a great idea if just the very few posters who dominate this forum ( one in particular who has been a member relatively recently who rarely posts a reply of 'critisism/advice/ know-all knowledge' in less than 500 words) would take a break. . It might just give this forum a better balance and more posters to express their views.
The editorial policy of NSC, such as it is, comes from the moderating team and not individual posters. We take our lead from the site administrator. This is really a direct criticism of Bozza and not the poster you intended.

He has worked incredibly hard recently to bring features that users might want. Ignoring a poster is one of those but it has been joined by ignoring a thread.

You are literally two clicks away from ignoring content that “sets you off”. Have a week on the naughty step to think about it and then maybe add a couple of ignores on your return, yeah?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The editorial policy of NSC, such as it is, comes from the moderating team and not individual posters. We take our lead from the site administrator. This is really a direct criticism of Bozza and not the poster you intended.

He has worked incredibly hard recently to bring features that users might want. Ignoring a poster is one of those but it has been joined by ignoring a thread.

You are literally two clicks away from ignoring content that “sets you off”. Have a week on the naughty step to think about it and then maybe add a couple of ignores on your return, yeah?
I have never blocked anyone on NSC before, but am enquiring now if I'm allowed to block such an esteemed and popular Moderator like yourself.. ?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
He is shite anyway, not sure what all the fuss is about, not won in five league games, could not beat a woeful Sheffield United.....

:fishing:
Ok, I will have a nibble at the bait. I am beginning to wonder about the depth of RDZ's abilities. I said last season that when teams work out how to avoid getting dragged into our traps we were going to find it a lot more difficult. Now don't get me wrong, he is a bloody good manager, but I no longer think any replacement we can get will, by default, be a retrograde step. That being said I would rather he stay and learn his trade with us and then move on to a club where he will be known as one of the great managers, personally I feel that Brighton is a really good fit for him at this stage of his career.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ok, I will have a nibble at the bait. I am beginning to wonder about the depth of RDZ's abilities. I said last season that when teams work out how to avoid getting dragged into our traps we were going to find it a lot more difficult. Now don't get me wrong, he is a bloody good manager, but I no longer think any replacement we can get will, by default, be a retrograde step. That being said I would rather he stay and learn his trade with us and then move on to a club where he will be known as one of the great managers, personally I feel that Brighton is a really good fit for him at this stage of his career.
Bang on.
always look forward

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You can’t block moderators.
Thankyou for letting me know TB. Much appreciated.

Of course , it was just a tongue in cheek remark, but there isn't much humour around these days.

I'm off now to my Duolingo and see if I can pick up any useful Italian Mafia phrases...:D:D:D:D

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thankyou for letting me know TB. Much appreciated.

Of course , it was just a tongue in cheek remark, but there isn't much humour around these days.

I'm off now to my Duolingo and see if I can pick up any useful Italian Mafia phrases...:D:D:D:D
There's loads of humour around 'these days'. Unfortunately, there's also a lot of twattishness too.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I’ve been saying for a while that I predict RDZ to move on in the summer and to be replaced by (drumroll please)… Graham Potter.

Italian managers don’t tend to hang around long and Roberto said one more season. Potter left with Barber and Bloom’s blessing and still lives locally. He had us progressing, finishing in 9th and sitting in 5th. He’s unattached, knows the squad and he’s disappeared in a Curbishley’esque fashion.

Just a hunch, but I could see it happening.
One question, where do you get the idea that he left with Bloom and Barber's blessing? From what I can tell he would not have the respect of the squad, certainly not of the fans and I have seen no hint that he would have Barber's or Bloom's either. My hunch if RDZ stays long enough is Lallana.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
One question, where do you get the idea that he left with Bloom and Barber's blessing? From what I can tell he would not have the respect of the squad, certainly not of the fans and I have seen no hint that he would have Barber's or Bloom's either. My hunch if RDZ stays long enough is Lallana.
Blessing might be pushing it, but Barber has stated on a number of interviews that they were happy for Graham personally, understood why he took the Chelsea job and they maintained a good relationship.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I love this, what was it 3 seasons ago we were in a desperate fight to stay up? we are now 8th 8 points from being top of the table and we are "struggling for points"
The post you quoted didn't say we are struggling for points it said we struggle at points and pointed out the reasons why, and if RDZ ends up managing a Real Madrid type club then why it won't as much of a problem for them.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Luckily for us RDZ has won f*** all as a manager, he will be of no interest to a club like Real

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here