Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Won't the club lose out on this too? If less seats are filled, then less food/drink/merchandise etc will be sold

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
how about:

I cannot make the game this weekend, and am therefore willing to pass on my season ticket in the north stand free of charge to the first responder. Unfortunatley as i have previously stated i cannot make the game, so will have to post you the ticket, i estimate POSTAGE AND PACKAGING will be about £20.50, however as previously stated the ticket is free of charge.

Won't work, you're not allowed to transfer them, full stop. Not for cash, as freebies, for other goods, as raffle prizes, not even in exchange for sex!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

That's because people are using NSC to get rid of tickets and people without tickets are using NSC to buy them. If they cut the NSC route, people will have to go to the club and buy the tickets. It's not about helping STHs, they already have your money. They want the money off the people who use other people's STs, therefore they are not giving the money to the club. We may not like it, however how much money do the club lose in potential revenue. Football is changing and if you run a club, you are going to want to get the most revenue, you can.

That assumes those that spend £20 on a ticket on the exchange would otherwise spend £30+ for an inferior ticket through the club which I am not sure is the case.

It will just drive the "unofficial" exchange underground which is a shame.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Given the high replacement fee for replacing lost cards and the potential hassle of sending/returning, you're better off lending only to friends and acquaintances anyway. Even easier if they sit near you at the ground.

Solution is to form private groups - using email lists, Facebook or wherever.

Nothing to stop you advertising the groups on NSC either...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Won't the club lose out on this too? If less seats are filled, then less food/drink/merchandise etc will be sold

Indeed. They're banking on tickets being resold.

Or perhaps they want empty (but paid for) seats to ease transport issues.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
so what you are saying is that they( the club) want twice the price of the seat to watch the game, as the person passing on the ST or a ticket have already paid the club for that seat.

If you ran a business such as a football club and you sold most of your seats up front and gave the tickets cheaper to the people who paid for a season ticket. You would be pissed off, that when you try and sell the rest on a match to match, that the people who you gave a good price were selling a part of their ST at face value, which then takes their market away for selling match day tickets.
People who sell their ST are taking the clubs customers, who would have bought a match day ticket at full price. It not always about paying twice for your seat. There are many seats around the ground on match to match games that remained unsold. I do not think the club are bothered if they sell your seat(because they have already to you). It's the other seats they want to fill and if they stop the market for buying STHs tickets, then people will go through the club.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Indeed. They're banking on tickets being resold.

Or perhaps they want empty (but paid for) seats to ease transport issues.

If they expect every one who would buy a ticket at the ST pro rata rate to go and pay their match by match prices then they're in for a shock. Maybe those extra seats are a waste of time after all!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I do not think the club are bothered if they sell your seat(because they have already to you). It's the other seats they want to fill and if they stop the market for buying STHs tickets, then people will go through the club.

But they won't because it'll an approx increase in price to the buyer of £15, some will pay that, a lot of others won't. So the club lose the food/drink etc money from having someone in that seat

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
That assumes those that spend £20 on a ticket on the exchange would otherwise spend £30+ for an inferior ticket through the club which I am not sure is the case.

It will just drive the "unofficial" exchange underground which is a shame.

What difference would that make to the club. The Sth is already including in the attendance, so it would make no difference.
People who really wanted to go, would go and of course it also encourages the sell of STs. It will not go underground if the club clamp down on it. Would you risk giving your ticket to someone else for a few games, if the club said anyone caught doing this would lose their ST.

People who sell their ST are taking the clubs customers, who would have bought a match day ticket at full price.

Er I don't think that applies all or even much of the time. Paying 20 quid is one thing and paying £28 or more PLUS booking fee is another. Just look at all the empty seats we have seen regularly and the sales policy of the club which does not make sense and neither does this.

Person a) gets a ticket via NSC - spends 10 quid at the ground on this, that and the other. Person a) may well decide a full priced ticket is too expensive, the club get squat diddly and we have an empty seat.

What I really want to know is where has this emanated from as if it is the club then on top of everything else this is becoming a joke.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
But they won't because it'll an approx increase in price to the buyer of £15, some will pay that, a lot of others won't. So the club lose the food/drink etc money from having someone in that seat

The club are already losing, are they not. If say 1000 sold their ST in a month, surely that is already lost revenue. And as for food, people will still eat and drink and people will still go. If we got into the premiership. I doubt the club would have trouble selling tickets for the like of Man U etc

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can Bozza give us some explanation for how this has come about and what the club's reasoning was?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
What about the 1901 club as posted last week

1901 Club costs

"Tickets can be given to anyone you choose without having to inform the club, but if you wish to hold onto the SmartCard then an email to the 1901 rep will get you a barcoded email that you can pass onto your guest to gain entry. (Free service)."

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What about the 1901 club as posted last week

1901 Club costs

"Tickets can be given to anyone you choose without having to inform the club, but if you wish to hold onto the SmartCard then an email to the 1901 rep will get you a barcoded email that you can pass onto your guest to gain entry. (Free service)."

Can ordinary STHs with a PSL do the same ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Poor form from the club.

Clubs ticket exchange would work if they released cheaper prices first so we may get to sell out . The way blocks are released does nothing for the ticket exchange.

As some have said. Surely we can just have one thread for tickets wanted. People can then post with a mobile number and we can get round it that way. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports