Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Is a charitable donation the same as "some other goods or services"?

In this instance there is no gain or benefit to the ticket seller.

It's not about the money its about the fact that the ticket has gone to someone else. Even giving your ticket away for nothing is illegal.

It's actually a very poor piece of legislation as it's widely ignored and virtually unenforcable.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
The @arsenal_tickets account in Twitter acts as a clearing house for Arsenal spares. It's a brilliant model to follow (clear rules such as face value only; blacklisting people who try to use it for touting, etc). A similar thing for Albion would be great. But (and this is a big BUT) it needs a lot of monitoring by someone really committed to the cause - like NSC, I suppose. Is there someone who would be prepared to make the necessary commitment?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's not about the money its about the fact that the ticket has gone to someone else. Even giving your ticket away for nothing is illegal.

It's actually a very poor piece of legislation as it's widely ignored and virtually unenforcable.

Agreed. However I sure all the people who moan that 'standing in all-seater stadiums is against the law, what part of that don't you understand?' are pleased at this news though. The Rules and Regulations must be enforced no matter how asinine or unpopular they might be, otherwise they'll be another Hillsborough.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The @arsenal_tickets account in Twitter acts as a clearing house for Arsenal spares. It's a brilliant model to follow (clear rules such as face value only; blacklisting people who try to use it for touting, etc). A similar thing for Albion would be great. But (and this is a big BUT) it needs a lot of monitoring by someone really committed to the cause - like NSC, I suppose. Is there someone who would be prepared to make the necessary commitment?

I might be missing your point but isn't that what the NSC exchange is? once someone takes the job on of policing aren't they simply another Bozza that the club will go after?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so i have a nsc user who cant use his ticket for notts forest and milwall and I have someone who would like these tickets and I have told him so ( he is paying face value) Are they saying that this is illegal and therefore his tickets must go to waste?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

so i have a nsc user who cant use his ticket for notts forest and milwall and I have someone who would like these tickets and I have told him so ( he is paying face value) Are they saying that this is illegal and therefore his tickets must go to waste?

I think they are saying they want another slice of the money for the ticket you have already paid for once .

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think they are saying they want another slice of the money for the ticket you have already paid for once .

That's the long and the short of it, the illegalities are a smoke screen IMO.

The club prefer to have empty seats and take tickets out of circulation via the exchange despite there only being a remote chance of getting anything back.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

How will closing NSC exchange achieve that though? As far as I can tell the official ticket exchange has operated for one game this year out of nine.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where is that thread about Feeling disconnected with the club again?

This is pathetic

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
How will closing NSC exchange achieve that though? As far as I can tell the official ticket exchange has operated for one game this year out of nine.

It won't. But it will drive people to buy more tickets from the club rather than getting them from fans who can't go. End result, more money for the club.

Bozza has never actually confirmed whether it was the club or not that have pointed this out to him. Given that the exchange has operated clearly for so long it seems highly unlikely that it would get into trouble now (unless the club or police have reason to believe it has caused distrurbances at grounds) especially as there are large numbers of police that either post on NSC or a very aware of it.

If it was the club it would seem like a huge low for relations if they decided to take action against a institution that is only wanting to do good for the fans.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I might be missing your point but isn't that what the NSC exchange is? once someone takes the job on of policing aren't they simply another Bozza that the club will go after?

Good question. But the Arsenal one has been running in the open for some time now. So either their club doesn't have a problem with it (eg it's easier for them that there's an unofficial way of distributing unwanted 'away season ticket' tickets than actually running sales themselves? I don't know, they might not even have such a scheme) OR they reckon it's legally defensible.

All @arsenal_tickets does is RT people's notices that include them in the tweet - I guess that's not the same as NSC hosting a sub-forum for the express purpose of ticket resale. After all, an RT on Twitter doesn't imply endorsement, does it?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Ah that's a shame. I've found it very useful in the past.
Does this mean that I can keep [MENTION=514]Normandy seagull[/MENTION]'s season tickets!?

:jester:

Yes you can keep them if you go and throw a custard pie in Paul ''I'm a wanker' Barber's face:D

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
how about:

I cannot make the game this weekend, and am therefore willing to pass on my season ticket in the north stand free of charge to the first responder. Unfortunatley as i have previously stated i cannot make the game, so will have to post you the ticket, i estimate POSTAGE AND PACKAGING will be about £20.50, however as previously stated the ticket is free of charge.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

That's because people are using NSC to get rid of tickets and people without tickets are using NSC to buy them. If they cut the NSC route, people will have to go to the club and buy the tickets. It's not about helping STHs, they already have your money. They want the money off the people who use other people's STs, therefore they are not giving the money to the club. We may not like it, however how much money do the club lose in potential revenue. Football is changing and if you run a club, you are going to want to get the most revenue, you can.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Surely the tickets wanted section can continue. Then it is up to people to arrange there own deals by PM or phone. Surely nothing illegal in that. How will the club know? Ask 26,000 for ID to match the ticket on match days?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's because people are using NSC to get rid of tickets and people without tickets are using NSC to buy them. If they cut the NSC route, people will have to go to the club and buy the tickets. It's not about helping STHs, they already have your money. They want the money off the people who use other people's STs, therefore they are not giving the money to the club. We may not like it, however how much money do the club lose in potential revenue. Football is changing and if you run a club, you are going to want to get the most revenue, you can.

so what you are saying is that they( the club) want twice the price of the seat to watch the game, as the person passing on the ST or a ticket have already paid the club for that seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here