Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re Barnes - the bloke who sits behind me...

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Barnes was v.good today - possible contender for MOM if Bridcutt had not played so well. He won some great headers , held the ball up well off his chest, and put in a real shift for the team etc. He did tire towards the last 20 mins but an 8/10 from me.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Barnes was very good up front, he won a lot more balls than CMS usually does and fed it off to his team mates a lot. It makes a hell of a difference having a focal point who can trap a ball.

CMS has his strengths too but I thought Barnes did very well and was a bit puzzled when he and Buckley swapped, especially as their left back was looking very iffy after 15-20 minutes.
I agree Barnes was playing better but I think Buckley was put up top to try and catch Derby on the counter when they were pressing forward.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Well second half if he had any pace he would have been free for a one on one but he has no pace and lost out. He was also flat footed and did not get close to what should have been a tap in, other than that he did ok-ish

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
We'll all judge a player over a game and season, however 5 minutes before the start they ALL get a clean sheet in my book.

I want them all to play well each game, those who actually want a player they "dislike" to have a bad game to simply reinforce their own prejudice are, quite simply, morons. Not real fans, that's for sure.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Guy behind me as well slated him when he didn't shoot as he thought the chance was gone. Barnes ended up passing it to Buckley whos shot was blocked and Orlandi should have scored!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Buckley is wasted up front. Not strong enough and has no space to run at people.

thought barnes was very good today - although looked tired at the end hence no outlet for us - would have give Hoskins the last 15 mins... buckley had a poor game today in my opinion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would it be any different if Barnes was a big money signing from a premiership team? Think people give him a hard time because he cost 50k from Plymouth personally. After Noone has to be Poyet's best signing. Based on fee /reward.

I though he held the ball up well today and made some excellent runs in the first 30 minutes.

Top post. The two Plymouth buys both justified the spend many times over.

Barnes set the right tone with the vital goal (how many times in the CMS era, have we not taken early chances and lesser opponents have grown in confidence), and gave decent lone target man presence until he tired.

D

Deleted member 18477

Buckley is wasted up front. Not strong enough and has no space to run at people.

I thought Buckley looked bloody dangerous up front... Running in behind... Receiving balls over the top and through defenders...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Barnes looked good first half, seemed to to suit the lone striker role better than CMS. Was good to see the ball being held up a bit a swell by him.

Faded a little in the 2nd half once he was shifted back wide whilst Buckley was switched to Centre forward. Baffling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Buckley's first start in 4 weeks wasn't it? Bound to be a bit rusty.
Calde hasn't played in yonks and slotted straight back into the groove.

The whole balance of the side looked much better when Barnes played CF

Thought the team looked better with Ash rather than CMS as fulcrum and lost shape when Buckley swapped with him

Barnes was v.good today - possible contender for MOM if Bridcutt had not played so well. He won some great headers , held the ball up well off his chest, and put in a real shift for the team etc. He did tire towards the last 20 mins but an 8/10 from me.
Not if he isn't going to shoot, when put through.
Plus him and the ref not seeing eye to eye cost us lots of possession.

I thought he played well and did some great link up play.
But a centre forward that doesn't shoot marks him down a fair few points.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Barnes always looks better in his natural position and put himself about really well today. Made me very excited about the prospect of our new signing playing in that system

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Barnes started the move for the second goal. It was no great moment of skill, just solid graft in that he managed to nick a loose ball of their two centre halves, which really he had no right to. Nice when we are able to catch the opposition on the break.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Can't believe how anyone can be annoyed that a Brighton player has scored??

I get frustrated with Barnes sometimes but his attitude was spot on today and he put in a great shift. Shows how much it means to him when he was punching the floor after hanging on to the ball a little to long when he could have put Buckley through.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Barnes was very good up front, he won a lot more balls than CMS usually does and fed it off to his team mates a lot. It makes a hell of a difference having a focal point who can trap a ball.

CMS has his strengths too but I thought Barnes did very well and was a bit puzzled when he and Buckley swapped, especially as their left back was looking very iffy after 15-20 minutes.

Joke, dreadful 2nd half performance, scored so NSC apologists say he's great! So mediocre.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
How it is

Joke, dreadful 2nd half performance, scored so NSC apologists say he's great! So mediocre.

Other than the goal, thought he was pretty poor, mised two good opportunities in the second half, not quick enough to get away from anyone and does not stay on his feet enough, not strong enough to be a centre forward. Sorry, take the goal away (which is great, make no error) and he was not very impressive. Sorry we need to say it as he is.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Other than the goal, thought he was pretty poor, mised two good opportunities in the second half, not quick enough to get away from anyone and does not stay on his feet enough, not strong enough to be a centre forward. Sorry, take the goal away (which is great, make no error) and he was not very impressive. Sorry we need to say it as he is.

That's what I meant, only beter phrased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here