Re Barnes - the bloke who sits behind me...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
...actually said after ten minutes.

"I f**king hate it when he scores - it's so frustrating!'

Then went on to slag him off for the remaining 80 minutes.

I though he was good today. We looked better with him up top than Buckley.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
The whole balance of the side looked much better when Barnes played CF

Thought the team looked better with Ash rather than CMS as fulcrum and lost shape when Buckley swapped with him

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I had the same today in the first half, sat in an unfamiliar seat in the WSM at the south end, chap about 20 years old behind me just went on and on about how shit Barnes was. I found a spare seat at the other end for the second half.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Just shows some knobheads will slag him off for the sake of it no matter how well he plays.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
...actually said after ten minutes.

"I f**king hate it when he scores - it's so frustrating!'

Then went on to slag him off for the remaining 80 minutes.

I though he was good today. We looked better with him up top than Buckley.

Are you east stand upper?

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Now Hammond had the touch of a rapist early on but improved as the game went on, Bridcutt was outstanding today mind.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Would it be any different if Barnes was a big money signing from a premiership team? Think people give him a hard time because he cost 50k from Plymouth personally. After Noone has to be Poyet's best signing. Based on fee /reward.

I though he held the ball up well today and made some excellent runs in the first 30 minutes.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Barnes was very good up front, he won a lot more balls than CMS usually does and fed it off to his team mates a lot. It makes a hell of a difference having a focal point who can trap a ball.

CMS has his strengths too but I thought Barnes did very well and was a bit puzzled when he and Buckley swapped, especially as their left back was looking very iffy after 15-20 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports