Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rare Albion Games You Attended

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
I was at this one back in 1965, 4th Division and think it was against Blackburn Rovers, can't remember the score but I remember Norman Wisdom singing his re-write of the words to Sussex By The Sea at half time on the pitch.
(we got promoted that season).
:clap2:

Chesterfield 5-0. Remember that one (no Cameron's Strongarm....)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Newcastle vs Brighton .. FA Cup 3rd Rnd replay ... Jan 1983 .. maybe 50-60 Albion fans there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Was a Thursday I think , I managed it.

Also the cup game at Norwich called off due to snow and the under soil heating blowing up. We got freebie tickets for the midweek rearranged game, including a food voucher from Delia. Somehow we made it to both games.

Wasn’t the cup game at Norwich called off due to a power cut that took out the floodlights? I’m not sure as I didn’t make after the wheel fell off my car en route!!

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I went to loads of away games in 1987/8 in division three, so I'd have to say one of them.

Aldershot, Southend away both had gates of under 4,000. Oh and Fulham away in the Simod Cup featuring the least deserved away win I've ever seen.

Went to all three of those games. I particular remember Fulham our first time their and could not find it. I think we won 0-6

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Arsenal away in PL2 last season, I think I was the only Brighton fan in there, we lost 3-0. Arsenal away also beginning of the 18/19 season in PL2, Locadia, Alireza and Connolly all played, Connolly scored a last minute equaliser. I sat next to Jordan Davies’ (now at Wrexham) grandad, the man spoke even more than me. We both got asked to leave by a steward after Connolly made it 1-1 in the last minute, luckily they blew up for full time before he could force us out. Both games at the Emirates. I think I could have often been the only Brighton fan at a few U21 away games.

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
Here's another one.

Scunthorpe away, April 6 1968. Won 3-1. Remember having a long chat with Albion's No 3, John Duncliffe, on the train back to King's X Local Brighton lad who played quite a lot that season as I recall. Whatever happened to him?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Portsmouth reserves away at Fratton Park, maybe 1988.

I was at University at the time and was perhaps the only Brighton fan there.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
One of less than 20 away fans at Carrow Road on Valentine's Day sometime around mid 2000s. I don't really remember much about it, tbh - except their ******** stewards.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Here's another one.

Scunthorpe away, April 6 1968. Won 3-1. Remember having a long chat with Albion's No 3, John Duncliffe, on the train back to King's X Local Brighton lad who played quite a lot that season as I recall. Whatever happened to him?
Played 22 times for us over three years - played a lot more for Grimsby and Peterborough after his time with us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Blackpool away during the petrol crisis (2001?)

Now I know there was a good turnout of Brighton fans that mid-week night in Blackpool, but hearing stories on the terraces that night of cars / a coach having to turn back because they couldn't get any petrol on the long drive north - crazy times

I went to that, we sang he has a pineapple on his head to the sub warming up, he gave us the thunbs up.

Nope that was the 90s 1-1 in 93

I also went 2004 we lost 3-1 but we took over a local pub and got shepherded by police horses to the ground ?

Last edited:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The 1987/88 season against Bristol Rovers when promoted to the old 2nd division. Was my first ever Albion game where my Dad got us in the North West part of the Goldstone. Some elderly bloke on the gate let us in for £1 by sneaking us though the wooden door during the first half. I vividly remember seeing myself after the match on my Nans TV realising I was holding my Albion scarf upside down during the pitch invasion :annoyed:

Last edited:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Was at quite a few of the mid 80s to 90s, York at home, Blackpool in the petrol thingy, 5 nil zenith at Norwich etc. But going to add Jerry Armstrong extra time winner away to Hereford, we drove all the way in a pitch black blizzard and arrived in sunlight. Also a Brighton match that wasn't - Hull away was postponed shortly before kickoff, so we agreed on the coach to go to Scunthorpe v Southend. We got excited because we hadn't picked up many, if any away points for some time and Southend were flying. Scunthorpe scored the fasted goal of the season and lost 3 nil. We were called Jonahs and Albatrosses. 1987?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here