Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for the radio man to ask Oscar.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And furthermore discussing solutions with someone who calls themself Tubby Mc Fat Fuc is clearly a waste of my time.
So discussing anything with someone who cannot even use a real word is not a waste of time.... why?

You appear to have you head rammed so far up your own arse that you and JCL666 should get on splendidly

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I agree that lately we have been struggling, but that is down tp lack of quality in the squad. Where your point fails me is your suggestion that Ulloa should play with CMS or Hoskins ???

Why not with CMS or Hoskins ? both are proven goalscorers yes in league one but in the limited chances Hoskins has had i think he has done quite well for us, Cms was virtually always a lone forward and he isnt that type of player.
Ulloa would get less pressure on him from centre backs as they would also be bothered about cms or hoskins so would give Ulloa more room to get on end of crosses, flick the ball on for mackail smith or hoskins to run onto and both offer something different.
I do really believe that we need to bring both back into the squad as soon as possible as at least both of these players like to shoot on site and thats what we need, we have players that can put good crosses over or sometimes at least put into the box.
Eg Lopez (crossing and set pieces seem to be only things good at this year, been a real disappointment this year), Lua Lua (beats a man soo easy and yes crossing isnt great but the more plays the more he can get used to do in game condition eg will improve), Buckley (even though injuried every 2 games for a month and thinks his more a centre forward when is a winger only) Orlandi (when fit is very creative and will give chances to Ulloa, Mackail smith and hoskins) March (has the talent but needs to improve his passing and overall play as not ready to start at all yet but has raw talent no doubt.) Ward and Bruno also at times put nice crosses over.
So if got these players putting crosses over and have more than one option in box we will get on end of more of them no doubt and therefore score more goals but we need to pick these players now, as next season we might not be in this position.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
ffs, they are both injured so it's not an option. But thanks for letting me know not to take you seriously either :thumbsup:

They arent injuried, Mackail smith played whole 90 minutes for under 21s, i think you mean not match fit, Hoskins had played 2 90 minute games and then got illness so he isnt match fit to start whole game, but both are ready to be on the bench as better option than Rodriguez for a 10-20 minute run out and then still give them whole game in under 21 games.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why do you think that? Personally I think Ulloa is not suited to the isolated lone striker role. And CMS is even less suited to that role than Ulloa. CMS has a history of playing and performing in a partnership (certainly at league level, but maybe not at championship level, but he never had the players around him at peterborough he has now), and I think someone to play off/behind Leo would bring the best out in him. Is it the players, or would you just be against playing striking partnership?

It will be interesting to see when it's mathematically impossible to make the play offs, if indeed Garcia tinkers with formations...particularly as CMS and probably Hoskins should be ready to play

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They arent injuried, Mackail smith played whole 90 minutes for under 21s, i think you mean not match fit, Hoskins had played 2 90 minute games and then got illness so he isnt match fit to start whole game, but both are ready to be on the bench as better option than Rodriguez for a 10-20 minute run out and then still give them whole game in under 21 games.

Coming back from injury or not match fit, eitherway unless they are match fit they are not an option for tonight. Obviously we do need them fully fit and available for selection and when they are it can be discussed. Pointless discussing it today.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think we do play the same way we did under Gus.

I much preferred the way we played under Poyet - possession football with flair. Didn't always work, but when it did it was an absolute joy - loved seeing us outclass other teams with the quality of our passing game.

When Oscar came in, he said he wanted us to keep the same style but play a bit faster. What that has meant is that we no longer play the type of possession football under Gus, we actually try to move the ball around quicker. But this just doesn't seem to have worked, particularly for players like David who is much more suited to the Poyet style.

My first reaction when Oscar said that was his plan was 'if it ain't broke...'. Why change it? It worked well enough last season (and if we'd had Ulloa from the start we would have gone up, no problem).

Kind of makes me laugh looking at how we play now that people accused Gus of having 'no plan B' and thought our football last season was 'boring'! We won games 6-1, 5-1 and 4-1, as well as a couple of 3-0s. Do we even look capable of getting a result like that at the moment? There's been a couple of exceptions of course - Leicester and Bolton - but for the most part, although we have excelled defensively, we have struggled to eke out wins. Maybe CMS coming back will make all the difference (but knowing Oscar he won't play him and Ulloa up front together).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Well he wasn't, until about 5 minutes after I posted. But it still is true that Gus was mentioning the budget fortnightly from early on in the season, Oscar has mentioned it once, after his side were booed.
We wanted Conway back, but Blackburn made him an offer, they are getting parachute payments for this and the next two seasons and still expect to be penalised under FFP, I believe we would be better placed now if he had returned but a bigger budget snapped him up.
Of the teams above us I expect only Derby and Ipswich are working with a similar budget, everyone else is either getting parachute payments or overspending, some, like Blackburn, are doing both.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well he wasn't, until about 5 minutes after I posted. But it still is true that Gus was mentioning the budget fortnightly from early on in the season, Oscar has mentioned it once, after his side were booed.
We wanted Conway back, but Blackburn made him an offer, they are getting parachute payments for this and the next two seasons and still expect to be penalised under FFP, I believe we would be better placed now if he had returned but a bigger budget snapped him up.
Of the teams above us I expect only Derby and Ipswich are working with a similar budget, everyone else is either getting parachute payments or overspending, some, like Blackburn, are doing both.

That was the second time since Friday but I couldn't be bothered to put both links.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here