Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs open from 22 June?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have you a link to where you have read that

I wouldn't bother. Stopped reading after seeing that Rishi Sunak is OK and Johnson is getting "a rough deal". Just WOW. :lolol:

On topic, there are lots of boozers I know of in Sheffield that have big outdoor spaces with screens. As others have said, I shall not be attending their reopening. It will be ****ing carnage.

I'm gutted as my favourite pub is a micro sports bar just up the road. If they opened with 2m distancing you could have 1 member of staff and two customers, at a push. And although that's often all there is for a weekday afternoon watching the cricket, it wont pay the bills like when it's rammed all weekend (I don't go then, God I'm getting old).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This will be mine for the foreseeable future
c2fe5b6d5935869539509c8e8d3aa9b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's very cool..........and it was all going so well until I scrolled down and saw the bottle of Budweiser. :sick:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My son has been told that the Government will announce the reduction of social distancing distance to 1 metre this afternoon to facilitate the reopening of pubs etc, on July 4th

I don’t know what date the reduction will begin.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My son has been told that the Government will reduce the social distancing distance to 1 metre this afternoon to facilitate the reopening of pubs etc, on July 4th

what line of work? i expect a 1m to come in though much closer to the time, avoid confusion of mixed messages.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My son has been told that the Government will announce the reduction of social distancing distance to 1 metre this afternoon to facilitate the reopening of pubs etc, on July 4th

fantastic , hope its a barmy hot day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Hmmm pubs open ..two down to one ..but schools not fully opening until September..yep all makes sense ..will they be lowering the age for drinking alcohol in a pub to ten? :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never queue with the silly ****s on Day One, whether that be for IKEA or B&Q or pubs or anything at all Same drongos that now have to live their life out with a lifetime's supply of bog roll and pasta. Leave 'em to fill their boots earlydoors and venture back when when they're finally gone :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He the manager of a very busy Toby Carvery, his company are gearing up for opening the weekend of the 4th July,with one metre social distancing.
They also told him the day before the hospitality lockdown became known, that it was going to happen, so, they have some form.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
what line of work? i expect a 1m to come in though much closer to the time, avoid confusion of mixed messages.

You missed when the Government announced on the Thursday before the hottest weekend of the year, that they were increasing the amount of people that could gather legally to 6———on the Monday.:ffsparr:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You missed when the Government announced on the Thursday before the hottest weekend of the year, that they were increasing the amount of people that could gather legally to 6———on the Monday.:ffsparr:

Bringing SD down to one metre ..despite being WHO advice and followed by Denmark etc ... I can see the 2,3,4 and 5th wave brigade up in arms

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
He the manager of a very busy Toby Carvery, his company are gearing up for opening the weekend of the 4th July,with one metre social distancing.
They also told him the day before the hospitality lockdown became known, that it was going to happen, so, they have some form.

I will be happy to apologise if this is right but it strikes me that a number of commercial companies are claiming as facts what are actually their wishes. Trying to create momentum for change?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I will be happy to apologise if this is right but it strikes me that a number of commercial companies are claiming as facts what are actually their wishes. Trying to create momentum for change?

You may be right, however, it will cost them money through orders for supplies etc, if they get it wrong.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Anyone ever used the table service Wetherspoon app ? It works BRILLIANTLY. Wait till you're around half-empty, then whistle up an order paid for on your debit card, and wait for it to arrive. First time I used it was on FA Cup Semi-final day (a fantastic day out only spoiled by 90 minutes of shite). Avoiding a six-deep scrum at the bar that day to have your grog delivered to your table at the touch of a smartphone button - EPIC.

This is EXACTLY what pubs need to roll out and embrace post-lockdown. If some smart-arse can come up with generic pub app for ordering drinks to your table the same way as the Spoons one, they'll make a killing this year.

In my local a shout of "Another couple when you're ready Shirley" always suffices.

How long will that moral stance last when you have the choice of a pint for £1.99 at Spoons or £4.50 at the little guy?

£2.51 more but not drinking with Wetherspoons clientele seems very reasonable to me, with the added bonus of not lining that obnoxious c.nt Tim Martin's pocket.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Not quite correct. We are lobbying the government for 1m - Which is the WHO recommendation, not 2m. At the moment we are planning for 2m, but this will mean smaller pubs cant open.

MaB are doing well with this compared to some others. It helps that we have a brand in Germany which we opened some weeks ago, and lessons from this will be invaluable.

Whatever happens though, the service cycle in ALL pubs will change for the foreseeable future, maybe permenently.

Edit: We definitely won't open any pubs or restaurants before the 6th of July.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not quite correct. We are lobbying the government for 1m - Which is the WHO recommendation, not 2m. At the moment we are planning for 2m, but this will mean smaller pubs cant open.

MaB are doing well with this compared to some others. It helps that we have a brand in Germany which we opened some weeks ago, and lessons from this will be invaluable.

Whatever happens though, the service cycle in ALL pubs will change for the foreseeable future, maybe permenently.

Edit: We definitely won't open any pubs or restaurants before the 6th of July.

He had a conference call this morning, they told him to get his tape measure out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He had a conference call this morning, they told him to get his tape measure out.

I had my last one yesterday. 1m is likely, but not guaranteed at the moment. Toby will be more likely to be praying for 1m otherwise an awful lot of covers will be lost in what are dry led sites.

It will also be logistically impossible for all sites to open at the same time. We will get the list of phase 1 sites next week apparently. So fingers crossed!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had my last one yesterday. 1m is likely, but not guaranteed at the moment. Toby will be more likely to be praying for 1m otherwise an awful lot of covers will be lost in what are dry led sites.

It will also be logistically impossible for all sites to open at the same time. We will get the list of phase 1 sites next week apparently. So fingers crossed!

Yeah, sorry, I wasn’t contradicting you, my original post was more about pubs not opening by the 22nd of June.
My son thinks he may have to lose a half to a third of his staff, he’s really quite upset about that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeah, sorry, I wasn’t contradicting you, my original post was more about pubs not opening by the 22nd of June.
My son thinks he may have to lose a half to a third of his staff, he’s really quite upset about that.

Yep. Me too. The reality is trade will be down up to 50% due to restrictions. The good thing is, we will still be able to leave people on furlough untill October, hopefully we'll be in a better place then. An awful lot of people won't come back to work through choice as well.

Overall, MaB have navigated this crisis well, I've got no complaints on that front. They've also promised the entire workforce a party when this is over, which is a nice touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here