Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs open from 22 June?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We're looking to go back next week to prepare for reopening. Our breweries have started kegging beers

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In the rush to go back I hope everyone remembers which pub chains have acted like twats during this crisis (Wetherspoons etc.) and will vote with their feet accordingly. Otherwise all those nice words about sticking up for the little guy are just those, words.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Never more than now has the quote below meant more

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What quote below?

Footnote on my posts

“FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Footnote on my posts

“FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

Quite a few have changed into craft beer bars?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Like the football restarting thread there will be people that will poo poo this on here but come the time pubs open like the football will happily get involved.

Yes, a bit like complaining that the Premier League is all about money then dimming the lights and getting the tissues out when Albion are connected to a £30m signing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone ever used the table service Wetherspoon app ? It works BRILLIANTLY. Wait till you're around half-empty, then whistle up an order paid for on your debit card, and wait for it to arrive. First time I used it was on FA Cup Semi-final day (a fantastic day out only spoiled by 90 minutes of shite). Avoiding a six-deep scrum at the bar that day to have your grog delivered to your table at the touch of a smartphone button - EPIC.

This is EXACTLY what pubs need to roll out and embrace post-lockdown. If some smart-arse can come up with generic pub app for ordering drinks to your table the same way as the Spoons one, they'll make a killing this year.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Due to our totally incompetent government, for the past month or so I have been making my own sensible rules as much as I can.
Did I need to queue for miles as soon as McDonald's or KFC opened, no.
Just because the sun was out, did I need to flock down to the beach, no.
And neither did anyone else,it was far from a necessity, it was a look at me, I'm doing what I want on day one exercise.
So do I want to go back to a pub, of course I do, but do I want to go there when it's full of look at me idiots celebrating like it's the biggest ever new year's eve, no I certainly do not.
I will wait for it to calm down a bit and then it will be outside drinking for me.
I'm in no rush and my ale is perfectly acceptable out of a bottle in my back yard with a cigar on the go.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What brewery do you work for? Just out of idle curiosity

I’m a quality manager for Asahi who own Fuller’s, Dark Star, Meantime in the UK Peroni Grolsch Pilsner Urquell Kozel plus three others in Europe. Asahi SD is brewed in Italy at one of the Peroni breweries. Asahi own loads more Worldwide but I have nothing to do with them

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Due to our totally incompetent government, for the past month or so I have been making my own sensible rules as much as I can.
Did I need to queue for miles as soon as McDonald's or KFC opened, no.
Just because the sun was out, did I need to flock down to the beach, no.
And neither did anyone else,it was far from a necessity, it was a look at me, I'm doing what I want on day one exercise.
So do I want to go back to a pub, of course I do, but do I want to go there when it's full of look at me idiots celebrating like it's the biggest ever new year's eve, no I certainly do not.
I will wait for it to calm down a bit and then it will be outside drinking for me.
I'm in no rush and my ale is perfectly acceptable out of a bottle in my back yard with a cigar on the go.

You do realise cigars are bad for you :D but apart from that spot on!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We must have enough money to buy her. £80M, and £150k a week. They can have BoJo (and the rest of the cabinet) in part exchange as well.

I agree about a lot of the cabinet ( Rishi Sunak a notable exception ) but I still think Boris is getting a bit of a rough deal. The poor devil very nearly died and is still, clearly very much under par. He looks pale, drawn and his eyes are sunken. To rush back after about a week's recuperation was complete madness. Recoverers from Covid 19 are being advised to take it very easy for 3-4 months and the long term effects will last well beyond that.
The NZ PM is an impressive woman but I would liked to have seen her controlling affairs here or in the USA as opposed to a country that is not an international hub and has a population barely half the size of London and no real density as such.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The NZ PM is an impressive woman but I would liked to have seen her controlling affairs here or in the USA as opposed to a country that is not an international hub and has a population barely half the size of London and no real density as such.
Quite, but don’t let Trump and Johnson off the hook.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anyone ever used the table service Wetherspoon app ? .

unfortunatly dont offer the local beer selection on the app, main reason i frequent 'spoons. the app function though is good and expect the major chains and brewery pubs to have similar to reduce traffic to the bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here