Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper signs new deal

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I find myself strangely encouraged by this. I always imagined he was purely here for the money and was simply thinking of the cash while putting up with a very restricted role in contrast to the more attacking game he played with PSV and continues to play with Holland. I supposed he'd be looking to move on to Germany or Ajax eventually, but the fact that he wants to stay is a vote of confidence in GP and our prospects of staying up and doing well in coming seasons.

Either that or they offered him a huge pay increase.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shooting is shit and last season none of our flair players got the chance to show much flair as most games were the Alamo from kick off.

I am seeing a totally different player to you this season. He is hard to shake off the ball, he tackles much better and has time on the ball that others can’t find because of his ball control and awareness. Yes he’s made one massive absolute ricket, and the nails and cross came out on here big time because of that.

I see a player who makes things happen, can ping a ball cross field, can play a defence splitting pass (not his fault if the receiever then ****s up or the keeper pulls off a worldy), can turn on the ball, leave a player for dead and then surge forward. Kills a ball dead from quite firm passes.

Albion fans not convinced about him, are we getting a little entitled here? We are struggling Brighton who will do well to stay in this division every season until we spend mega money or the young players we have blossom. Propper can play a big part in that with his experience.

Me? Dead chuffed he’s signed on for longer, he will get even better

To be clear - I DO rate the fella, we've all witnessed the technical skills you've listed and I'm pleased we've tied him down on a new deal as he is undoubtedly one of our most valuable assets. But some of the GOAT stuff here is a little OTT IMO (I do like an acronym, tbh).

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
And Alzate.

Add Molumby into that list to get a few games.

The central midfield seems very crowded now, although I don't really include the more attacking Mac Allister and Groß in that view.

Bissouma is the real disappointment for me. Unless there is an underlying temporary reason ( illness ? ) then I'd look to ship him out in the summer, and put the money towards another striker.

It's easy to forget Alzate as he's played so few games there! Yes I would certainly include him, been very impressed with his composure on the ball.

Do feel we need a horrible ******* in there too, someone in the Lerma at Bournemouth mould. Just to sit, break it up and let the ball players play

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do feel we need a horrible ******* in there too, someone in the Lerma at Bournemouth mould. Just to sit, break it up and let the ball players play
If only we had such a player. :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And nobody yet has mentioned his hair. In my view he'd easily get into the PL tremendous hair first eleven.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I call that hairist and extremely distressing for those of us who are follicly challenged :down:

You don't have to have something to admire something ???

After all, I admire an exuberant décolletage, firm embonpoint and a finely sculpted ankle, but am in posession of none of these.

Mind you, I do still have quite nice hair :lolol: :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A wise extension of contract. Gives hope that there is a long term strategy rather than just game to game, scrabbling to keep us in the PL.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Shooting is shit and last season none of our flair players got the chance to show much flair as most games were the Alamo from kick off.

I am seeing a totally different player to you this season. He is hard to shake off the ball, he tackles much better and has time on the ball that others can’t find because of his ball control and awareness. Yes he’s made one massive absolute ricket, and the nails and cross came out on here big time because of that.

I see a player who makes things happen, can ping a ball cross field, can play a defence splitting pass (not his fault if the receiever then ****s up or the keeper pulls off a worldy), can turn on the ball, leave a player for dead and then surge forward. Kills a ball dead from quite firm passes.

Albion fans not convinced about him, are we getting a little entitled here? We are struggling Brighton who will do well to stay in this division every season until we spend mega money or the young players we have blossom. Propper can play a big part in that with his experience.

Me? Dead chuffed he’s signed on for longer, he will get even better

I’m in your camp on this one.

I reckon the other lads absolutely love playing with him in the side. He creates space and is pretty much always available to receive the ball. When I played in years gone by I really appreciated a player that relieves pressure in the way he does.

Great player that will get even better imo.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
He's either brilliant or anonymous, there's rarely very much inbetween, and for long spells last season, along with the rest of the team, he was utter shithouse. I think some of the comments on this thread are completely OTT to be honest. He's a very gifted technical midfielder - sometimes. And it still amazes me how someone of his ability still can't shoot for toffee.
He still owes us two goals for those he gifted to the opposition.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m in your camp on this one.

I reckon the other lads absolutely love playing with him in the side. He creates space and is pretty much always available to receive the ball. When I played in years gone by I really appreciated a player that relieves pressure in the way he does.

Great player that will get even better imo.

I think Davy has been the main beneficiary of the oppositions let’s put 3 on Mooy plan that we’ve seen recently. Davy has acres. And when he does, he’s every bit as much of a threat as Aaron

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It looks like AJ and Locadia aren’t going to be great deals financially but Propper has been a snip @t 10 or so million.

What do the panel think he would fetch now ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here