Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It looks like AJ and Locadia aren’t going to be great deals financially but Propper has been a snip @t 10 or so million.

What do the panel think he would fetch now ?

£30m if we sold today.

£20m if we'd sold before the contract renewal

£20m if we go down

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It looks like AJ and Locadia aren’t going to be great deals financially but Propper has been a snip @t 10 or so million.

What do the panel think he would fetch now ?

And that question, Questions, does kind of highlight the uncertain nature of the transfer market. On AJ and Locadia, we'll probably get about a third of the amount paid back. Maybe half for Izquierdo and two thirds for Bissouma. On Propper, we'd get double. If we sold, Burn, Ryan, Gross, Maupay, Trossard, we'd make a good profit.

The trick for a recruitment team is to recommend enough hits to cover the inevitable misses.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And that question, Questions, does kind of highlight the uncertain nature of the transfer market. On AJ and Locadia, we'll probably get about a third of the amount paid back. Maybe half for Izquierdo and two thirds for Bissouma. On Propper, we'd get double. If we sold, Burn, Ryan, Gross, Maupay, Trossard, we'd make a good profit.

The trick for a recruitment team is to recommend enough hits to cover the inevitable misses.

The really big profits will come from when we sell some of the emerging Lancing-developed talent though.........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1225426419460689921[/tweet]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given the choice, I would swap Propper for Grealish in a heartbeat. Thats not because I don't rate Propper, but Grealish is simply on another level.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I like Davy but to compare him to the two Silvas is a joke, they are different level. And they score goals. No one outside Brighton would make such a comparison. Maddison is worth a lot more. Grealish hmm maybe. Again, they score goals though.

Ok, so in truth it's not "hysterically funny" considering you're still reckoning it's plausible he is comparable to the standard Grealish is at who many are tipping as England's most all-round naturally gifted player right now. Pretty sure United have Grealish down as their number one top target for the summer too. That's one hell of a complement for Propper.

I'm not saying Propper is worth £60m, definitely not (yet), and i'm not comparing him to the best players in this division, but he is a class act who gives us composure, elegance, guile and ultimately quality in the middle of the pitch, something I haven't seen the other teams around us possess. We couldn't be luckier to have a player like this in the middle for us. I'm sure opposition fans watching us with the ball must think we're pretty technically good as a team when they see Propper's ability to turn defence into attack like he was doing against West Ham through his subtle flicks, drops of the shoulder and his general ability to be thinking that one second quicker than the rest.

The more class we can add to this team the more we'll see the best of Propper. He wouldn't look out of place playing alongside the likes of Silva, not one bit. He plays for the Dutch team and I'm pretty sure ajax, who were very unlucky not to make it to the champions league final only last season, were reportedly interested in him last summer too? He can't be bad...

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ok, so in truth it's not "hysterically funny" considering you're still reckoning it's plausible he is comparable to the standard Grealish is at who many are tipping as England's most all-round naturally gifted player right now. Pretty sure United have Grealish down as their number one top target for the summer too. That's one hell of a complement for Propper.

I'm not saying Propper is worth £60m, definitely not (yet), and i'm not comparing him to the best players in this division, but he is a class act who gives us composure, elegance, guile and ultimately quality in the middle of the pitch, something I haven't seen the other teams around us possess. We couldn't be luckier to have a player like this in the middle for us. I'm sure opposition fans watching us with the ball must think we're pretty technically good as a team when they see Propper's ability to turn defence into attack like he was doing against West Ham through his subtle flicks, drops of the shoulder and his general ability to be thinking that one second quicker than the rest.

The more class we can add to this team the more we'll see the best of Propper. He wouldn't look out of place playing alongside the likes of Silva, not one bit. He plays for the Dutch team and I'm pretty sure ajax, who were very unlucky not to make it to the champions league final only last season, were reportedly interested in him last summer too? He can't be bad...

Never said he was bad, far from it, he's our most missed midfielder when out of the team. Still however, TO ME, it's a joke to compare him to the two Silvas (one of whom is the captain of the current title holders) that caused me to guffaw when I read it.
As for Grealish, he is still unconvincing and over hyped - he is anonymous in many games. However, if Villa wanted to swap him for Propper then would do so in a heartbeat. £60m? Yes, a joke, we wouldn't get a bid near half that. As funny as Zaha , yours for £80m...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yes but there’s plenty of others when he hasn’t.

When he’s ‘on it’, he’s great, but in comparison to those you mentioned, he’s nothing like as consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blame the team as much as Propper for that. We've been generally very inconsistent this season. One game we're excellent then the next we look like relegation fodder. Propper needs to be surrounded by better players cvpvble of playing better football for his game to flourish. I can't wait to see this new Argentinian lad playing alongside him. This may be the difference with inconsistency you mention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here