Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper signs new deal

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very happy with this.

Most of the squad are now on contracts to 2022 or 2023.

The rest :

Summer 2020 : Schelotto, Kayal, Balogun.

Summer 2021 : Murray, Stephens, Izquierdo.

Surely no future for those expiring this summer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Delighted that Davy has committed his future to the club. A midfield of Propper, Mooy and Mac Allister is a very exciting prospect. Hoping for a new powerhouse midfielder in the summer too.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thats a good bit of work by the Club. Can't wait to see him play with Lamptey and MacA.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Says a lot that he’s willing to sign on for further years because I’m fairly sure he would have got some very good offers in the summer

I'm certain that we've made him a VERY good offer.

I'd bet he's now our highest, or maybe equal highest wage earner

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A Stephens contract renewal would create a extremely long thread, led by his small army of haters.

Simply wonderful news re Davy - he’s the best central midfielder (I’ve seen playing for the Albion) in my lifetime.

Dale however ... I guess I’d be the very model of a modern major general in that particular army ;)

Only joking, I certainly would never use the word hate; I just feel Stephens is limited at this level to playing for a team no better than the bottom five. Davy on the other hand, in the right team could be a top 8 player, and I reckon there’s only one or two more in our entire squad of whom one could say the same. If we’re about progress then I don’t foresee DS as key to that, staying up - sure but improving on the last three seasons, well we need to (re) build our midfield around Davy and not Dale.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Simply wonderful news re Davy - he’s the best central midfielder (I’ve seen playing for the Albion) in my lifetime.

Dale however ... I guess I’d be the very model of a modern major general in that particular army ;)

Only joking, I certainly would never use the word hate; I just feel Stephens is limited at this level to playing for a team no better than the bottom five. Davy in the other hand, in the right team could be a top 8 player, and I reckon there’s only one or two more in our entire squad of whom one could say the same. If we’re about progress then I don’t foresee DS as key to that, staying up - sure but improving on the last three seasons, well we need to (re) build our midfield around Davy and not Dale.

I like Dale and rate him eg he played brilliantly against Spuds and Arsenal, but imho it’s a position we’ll be upgrading if we’re lucky enough to stay in the PL for some time to come. Or at least to add serious competition.

I thought that might be Bissouma, but he seems a loose cannon and hasn’t progressed a great deal, yet.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Warren and Johnny C were discussing this on Albion Unlimited this week. When speculating as to who Albion should tie up next, Davey P was the first name mentioned.

I’m well chuffed, the man is silky smooth.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I like Dale and rate him eg he played brilliantly against Spuds and Arsenal, but imho it’s a position we’ll be upgrading if we’re lucky enough to stay in the PL for some time to come. Or at least to add serious competition.

I thought that might be Bissouma, but he seems a loose cannon and hasn’t progressed a great deal, yet.

Yep - I think we all hoped Bissouma was going to be special and truth be told he’s clearly very skilful and talented but (seemingly) a bit lazy out of possession - which is less of an issue under GP but still leaves DS, for example, badly exposed when things go awry. That said, he could start against Watford and be utterly dominant and (once again) look like ‘the answer.’ Consistency is key, and he’s not - DS is (for me, average to good) and that is why he holds down the shirt. One brilliant game, followed by a disappearing act is why players like Bissouma fail to shine - he could be our Kante or our Jeff Minton (redux) - alas, only he can unlock the truth.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yep - I think we all hoped Bissouma was going to be special and truth be told he’s clearly very skilful and talented but (seemingly) a bit lazy out of possession - which is less of an issue under GP but still leaves DS, for example, badly exposed when things go awry. That said, he could start against Watford and be utterly dominant and (once again) look like ‘the answer.’ Consistency is key, and he’s not - DS is (for me, average to good) and that is why he holds down the shirt. One brilliant game, followed by a disappearing act is why players like Bissouma fail to shine - he could be our Kante or our Jeff Minton (redux) - alas, only he can unlock the truth.

Bissouma's display against Championship MASSIVE speaks volumes

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A personal view, the defensive pivot or sitter needs discipline and great concentration for 90 minutes. That’s not in Bissouma’s game just now, at his best he’s a marauding CM, causing havoc with his directness and eating up the ground.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Would you play wide men too eg March and Izquierdo?

I meant more to have those options in the centre. Yes I would absolutely like to see us have some natural width in the squad as options. Schelotto changed the game on Saturday by pushing onto the full back. I'm not convince that March is an answer to that in the premier league. I fully expect a new winger, new CM and new Striker to be our only signings this summer

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I meant more to have those options in the centre. Yes I would absolutely like to see us have some natural width in the side. Schelotto changed the game on Saturday by pushing onto the full back. I'm not convince that March is an answer to that in the premier league. I fully expect a new winger, new CM and new Striker to be our only signings this summer

Hope so. Will need to splash the cash to get a new centre forward who can score PL goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here