Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pavilionaire said:
The guy could have worn any costume he likes, absolutely anything but no...he has to go as a Nazi.

Some people on here seem to be missing the point. Yes, it might be offensive to those of an older generation, but to a 36 year old bloke like myself I'm not offended, I'm just disappointed that the 3rd in line to the throne is a twat.
What, for wearing an unfunny constume?

Well I'll quote a letter in the Metro which just about sums up how I feel:
"I would like to add my own apology as I too have dressed as a WW2 German soldier for fancy dress. I would also like to apologise to Transylvanian peasants' groups and the descendents of Cardinal Richelieu's guards as I have also dressed as Count Dracula and one of the 3 Muskateers. Sorry."

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Anyway, i hope this story has gone round the world.People need reminding that we have the right to dress up as Nazi's in fun,even our leaders.

keaton said:
Yes football is brilliant,
but Soton Seagull's point was that there were important things to talk about than Prince Harry dressed as a Nazi. There are and there a million more important things than discussing best striker of the last twenty years and the best curry house in brighton.
Everyone's free to discuss what they won't though and i thought his point that the one thing that wasn't worth discussing was royalty dressed as Nazis for fun was idiotic

Idiotic? In what way.

I am merely bemused by the hysteria concerning something which has very little relevance in our daily lives.

Those campaigning need to look at themselves:

The Sun - when did they become so caring? Surely they should be continuing to encourage us to close our doors to johhny foreigner as he will mug and rape us all?!!!!

The Daily Mail - if it feels that things that happended 60 odd years ago should be dragged up as something to campaign about, could I remind everyone that the Daily Mail actually supported Oswald Moseley and his Blackshirts. So Daily mail - why was 1 form of fascism ok for you, but now any other type is seen as distasteful?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
FFS Dracula is a fictional character and the three musketeers are based on myth.
That's the second time someone in this thread has mentioned Dracula, it's not in any way relevant to this point.
If you can't see the difference between dressing as Dracula and dressing as the Nazi Death sqaud then you need to visit some death camps and read some history books

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Our royal family is a laughing stock, and that's not ideal.

Oh but it is! It takes us one step closer to kicking the House of Parasitic Windsors into touch. Sooner, rather than later please....

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Soton Seagull said:
Idiotic? In what way.

I am merely bemused by the hysteria concerning something which has very little relevance in our daily lives.

Those campaigning need to look at themselves:

The Sun - when did they become so caring? Surely they should be continuing to encourage us to close our doors to johhny foreigner as he will mug and rape us all?!!!!

The Daily Mail - if it feels that things that happended 60 odd years ago should be dragged up as something to campaign about, could I remind everyone that the Daily Mail actually supported Oswald Moseley and his Blackshirts. So Daily mail - why was 1 form of fascism ok for you, but now any other type is seen as distasteful?

I agree that The Sun and The Daily Mail making a big deal out of it is ridiculous.
But it is a big deal if a represenative of the state does something so stupid or uncaring.
I thought your point that there were more importnat things going on in the world was idiotic baring in mind what else is discussed on this site

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Would the same fuss have been made if he had gone as Stalin or Napoleon? Doubt it.

The media uproar is all just manufactured outrage. Yes, Harry made a mistake but then doesn't everyone, especially when that young?

The worst thing about the whole thing is the sanctomony of the press. Maybe Harry should come out and apologise publicly as they suggest. Then he could ask each and every tabloid newpaper to make an apology for hounding his mother to an early grave.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
keaton said:
I agree that The Sun and The Daily Mail making a big deal out of it is ridiculous.
But it is a big deal if a represenative of the state does something so stupid or uncaring.
I thought your point that there were more importnat things going on in the world was idiotic baring in mind what else is discussed on this site

I am astounded by the irony of The likes of The Sun and Mail selling papers over this when they are the most right wing part of our media. How would they have reacted if he had dressed as one of their stereotypical muslims? Slagged him off cause he is the grandson of the top of the chiurch of England.

The Sun is a dangerous piece of proganda that brainwashes the ignorant.:angry:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How sick is it that this irrelevant tittle-tattle has replaced the human tragedies in Asia and Africa, and the ongoing killing and chaos in Iraq in the run up to their 'elections', as the most important issue in our news media.

Sometimes I despair of this country. :nono:

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Soton Seagull said:
Is this fuss because there are still people alive who were in that war, or is it because they represent man's ability to slaughter others?

If it is the latter, may I suggest that you all have ago the next time you see someone in fancy dress, dressed as a Roman or a Knight. Or didn't killing or barbarity matter in those days?

Reality check people. There is far more of consequence happening in the world to be overly concerned about the actions of a privillged inbred at a private fancy dress party.

This post looks to me to be directed at the people on NSC not the mass media though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Saint Lennard said:

The Sun is a dangerous piece of proganda that brainwashes the ignorant.:angry:

Identical in every way to The Mail then....

keaton said:
This post looks to me to be directed at the people on NSC not the mass media though.

Could be read either way. I intended 'people' to be a generic term either internal and external. I am exasperated by the reaction of elements of society, and inturn some on here. Although surely that is the beauty of life, you can't all agree on everything thing or there would be no need to converse.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Was the fancy dress party a public party ?

NO it was a private party behind closed doors so it is realy none of our business what went on in there.

Its only because some snap happy photographer thought they could make a lot of money from the pictures that it has even made the news!

Personally speaking , being a lover of the small deer like creature the Impala, I am outraged and furious that Prince William was dressed as a leopard!!

Totally insensitive to all Impala lovers across the globe!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
six_yard_punisha said:
The media uproar is all just manufactured outrage. Yes, Harry made a mistake but then doesn't everyone, especially when that young?
Did he? A mistake would have been to turn up in black tie or jeans - but he correctly turned up to a fancy dress party in fancy dress.

I notice that a charming couple have been imprisoned for the manslaughter of a poor little 4 year old boy they adopted. Because he didn't come up to their ideals of a perfect little son, they punished him (and poisoned him to death) by force feeding him 4 tea spoons of salt.

I bet that didn't get into the Israeli equivalent of the Daily Mail. Nor the fact that their own army routinely kills Palestinian kids in the interests of security.

Inbalanced reporting really does get right on my tits.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Simster said:

I notice that a charming couple have been imprisoned for the manslaughter of a poor little 4 year old boy they adopted. Because he didn't come up to their ideals of a perfect little son, they punished him (and poisoned him to death) by force feeding him 4 tea spoons of salt.

I read about that in this mornings Metro. And felt totally sickened and depressed aftterwards. Did it get any press in the Sun or DM?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here