Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Harry - have I missed something?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He is a representative of the state, therefore he has to behave intelligently and caringly at all times.
It's a stupid,thoughtless costume to wear especially following last weeks' comment about his zimbabwean girlfriend "she's not black or anything".
Why go dressed like that?
to not have thought through the actions shows the third in line to the throne to be unbelievably stupid or uncaring.

he didn't actually apologise in person his spokesman did.
What's the point in that?
If he's sorry he should say so, no-one's gonna take a spokes person on your behalf apologising seriously.
In Germany or Italy he would probably be in jail as
it's still illegal to do anything that could be interpreted as pro-Nazi or fascist

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can I remind people that photos of this ginger twat in full Nazi regalia are now currently all over the internet and in the world's press.

People who can't speak English will look at that picture and say that the brother to the future king of the United Kingdom is a twat. How is that good for Britain?

I think that, hitherto, the pot, the the drinking and the shagging were all relatively low-key, in-house, just for the consumption of UK tabloid readers. This story is different, and if half of NSC can't see that they need to open their eyes. Our royal family is a laughing stock, and that's not ideal.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Explain to me again just what is "amusing" or "harmless" about anybody wearing the uniform of the organisation that (in living memory) systematically set out to rid the world of those people and races that their masters considered "undesirable"...............and succeeded to the extent that in Auswitz (sp?) alone more people were killed (by people who wore the uniform in question) than the total number of UK and US armed forces killed in WWII.

This month is the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auswitz (sp?), just ask anyone who was at the liberation what they think of Prince Harry's actions. The people who lost entire generations of their families and friends - ask them too.

Put yourself in the place of a survivor of the camps. If you had no family at all because when you were a small child you had all been rounded up, abused, transported, separated and they were all killed (except you obviously) - would you still excuse the "amusing" actions of this poor misunderstood, filthy rich, pampered, arrogant "Prince"?????

No matter how old you are, you cannot ignore or excuse the actions of the SS and Nazi's in WWII. There are no circumstances under which Prince Harry's actions can be or should be condoned.

btw - Dracula is a fictional character, he never sucked anyone's blood, he never existed - the SS and the Nazi's did, and unfortunatley they still do. The Romans lived in a time when everyone was violent in order to live - and they brought many good things with them.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Can I remind people that photos of this ginger twat .

Does the fact that he's ginger make this worse or did you just feel you should point out his hair colour?

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is anyone that pokes fun at the Nazis selling people who fought in the war out? Or just Harry?

I don't believe he was poking fun at the Nazis, he's not that bright. He just thought he would look good in a uniform hence raising his chances of shag.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

The Laughing Bluebird said:
If you are likening the a Dracula costume with a Nazi costume then you certainly have missed something, and it appears that you can't seperate fantasy from reality.

Imagine how the tax-paying British Jewish community feels about seeing pictures of the third in line for their country's throne prancing around in a Nazi outfit.

Do you HONESTLY believe that I think vampires are real?

The point is the Jewish Community are not seeing him backing the Nazi views - that would be disgusting - he is merely wearing the outfit to look foolish, which he does.

End of.

Albion Rob

Does the fact that he's ginger make this worse or did you just feel you should point out his hair colour?

Would you even be asking that question if the Nazis had made it their aim to exterminate all gingers rather than jews, gypsies etc.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004

Touchy are we then MAX about being a carrot top?

Personally I think Harry should have gone in disguise by wearing a white hood over his head and carrying a flaming cross, that way no one would have known who he was and this storm in a teacup could be ignored and we could concentrate on talking about Big Brother

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Rob said:
Would you even be asking that question if the Nazis had made it their aim to exterminate all gingers rather than jews, gypsies etc.

Don't be faescicious (sp?).

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Gritt23 said:
Do you HONESTLY believe that I think vampires are real? The point is the Jewish Community are not seeing him backing the Nazi views - that would be disgusting - he is merely wearing the outfit to look foolish, which he does. End of.

If you HONESTLY believe that is acceptable for a member of the British Royal Family to be prancing around in a Nazi uniform in this day and age, then it is possible that you'll believe anything.

Perhaps I'm more sensitive to this issue than you because half of my adopted family are Jewish. Relatives of mine did die in concentration camps, and my grandparents virtually bankrupted themselves in order to pay for the safe passage of other members of our family into this country during the war.

History that may be, but it's certainly not ancient history.

Harry is not a Nazi sympathiser (at least not as far as we know), but his actions were irresponsible to say the very least. And, while the media has gone way over the top (as usual), it should come as no surprise to anyone that there has been an outcry, because he was bang out of order.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
tommy boy said:
the costume looked shit anyway

I was surprised at how shite his costume looked. He got an off white shirt, stuck some badges on the collar and then made a cheap armband.

If he'd rummaged around in his family heirlooms i'm sure he would have found the real deal.

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Well, he IS German...

I wore a Nazi uniform to a party once, HOWEVER I'm not a member of the Royal Family and there was absolutely no chance that the paparazzi were going to catch me and publish it in the national press.

Harry has displayed unbelievably poor judgement considering the interest in him by the press for doing stuff just like this. I know after all he's a kid and everyone makes stupid mistakes, but it seems to be a royal disease for embarrassing themselves in so many inappropriate ways.

I don't also think it has to do with people believing he is backing Nazi views as he clearly doesn't, but should certainly know by now how this would be protrayed.

Down with the Saxe-Coburg Gothas, I say!!!

Is this fuss because there are still people alive who were in that war, or is it because they represent man's ability to slaughter others?

If it is the latter, may I suggest that you all have ago the next time you see someone in fancy dress, dressed as a Roman or a Knight. Or didn't killing or barbarity matter in those days?

Reality check people. There is far more of consequence happening in the world to be overly concerned about the actions of a privillged inbred at a private fancy dress party.

Last edited:

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Soton Seagull said:

Reality check people. There is far more of consequence happening in the world to be overly concerned about the actions of a privillged inbred at a private fancy dress party.

Agreed, but then why talk about football?

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Yes football is brilliant,
but Soton Seagull's point was that there were important things to talk about than Prince Harry dressed as a Nazi. There are and there a million more important things than discussing best striker of the last twenty years and the best curry house in brighton.
Everyone's free to discuss what they won't though and i thought his point that the one thing that wasn't worth discussing was royalty dressed as Nazis for fun was idiotic

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
Its not even about the costume anymore. Its all about getting an apology out of him. Not quite sure what it will solve since he has already done it... Unless standing in front of the media scrum is "more" of an apology and somehow lessens the evil of the holocaust?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I know mate.

What is really pising me off is the Sun over this matter. It seems to me like the most irresponsibally reported story for a hile but those twats.

On their online site it says...

'Mein Fury - Charles rages at Nazi Harry'

I know the Sun sells papers on the back of sensationalism but to start loosely labelling Harry as a Nazi is f***ing ridiculous. Also says aummat about Wiliam sharing the blame because he didn't stop Harry getting the costume as he was in the shop at the time.

If true that's a bit stupid of our future King but I doubt it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here