Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
dave the gaffer said:
Including Hindus?

Obviously not. But then how often do you see a Hindu wearing a Swastika? Although the symbol is of religious significance to Hindus, do you ever see a Hindu wearing a Swastika t-shirt or a Swastika armband?

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Tempest in a teacup.
But then again, maybe he was harking back to his German roots.
After all his Great Grandfather changed the family name from Saxe Coburg to Windsor.
T
ho se "outraged" critics should get a life.
Incidentally I served in the Paras from 1943 to 1946 and his faux pas means diddly squat to me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Obviously not. But then how often do you see a Hindu wearing a Swastika? Although the symbol is of religious significance to Hindus, do you ever see a Hindu wearing a Swastika t-shirt or a Swastika armband?

I refuse to argue with you...you are far too opinionated these days..

i am sure you are going through the menopause!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

You're right, it's the CONTEXT that matters. The fact that a member of the British Royal Family has been pictured wearing a Swastika is unimportant really. Never mind what the Swastika symbolizes in this day and age and the offence that it causes, it's the CONTEXT in which Harry was wearing his Swastika that is the important issue.

So, if in future a member of our Royal Family turns up at a FANCY DRESS PARTY dressed as one of the Klu Klux Clan and carrying a placard which reads 'Burn All Niggers And Jews', we should all deem that as perfectly acceptable too. Because, after all, it is only a FANCY DRESS PARTY.

Now, where's that horse of mine gone.....
I see. I didn't realise Prince Harry has marched into the fancy dress party holding a placard that read "All Jews, Gypsies, Commies and gays deserve to be gassed".

Doing that (as he obviously did) is a bit different to simply wearing a joke costume and if did then I agree that he is a disgrace.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Simster said:
I see. I didn't realise Prince Harry has marched into the fancy dress party holding a placard that read "All Jews, Gypsies, Commies and gays deserve to be gassed".

That's not a bad idea for a placard at Firle bonfire next year.

On my radar this registers just about the same level as the stories where a dog can open a door and a cat can play the Piano.

Haven't we got anything more important to worry about, like What's on TV?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Porky said:
Incidentally I served in the Paras from 1943 to 1946 and his faux pas means diddly squat to me.

And i think that just about wraps things up here.Next

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

So, if in future a member of our Royal Family turns up at a FANCY DRESS PARTY dressed as one of the Klu Klux Clan and carrying a placard which reads 'Burn All Niggers And Jews', we should all deem that as perfectly acceptable too. Because, after all, it is only a FANCY DRESS PARTY.

Now, where's that horse of mine gone.....

Oy, leave it out ! That was a private party at my house. Fair enough, there were some raised eyebrows when Ron Atkinson turned up dressed like that, but hey, that's the risk you run when you invite Ron. He's not part of that PC brigade and we all knew that when we sent him the invite.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

My issue is the fact that Harry did it (although I reckon anyone who wears a Swastika for any reason is showing both bad taste and bad judgement).

With certain positions of privilege come certain responsibilities. And, as far as I'm concerned, Harry has shown a distinct lack of responsibility by wearing a symbol that is obviously so offensive to so many people.

I feel sorry for Harry. The Royal family are slagged off if they behave like robots, and encouraged to behave like normal people, then the one royal who behaves like "one of us" gets slated for doing so.

Don't anyone give me this UTTER CRAP about being born into a privileged family either. There's nothing privileged about being born into an awkward, dysfunctiontional in-bred family who's every sentence is ruthlessly scrutinised by the media, and whose entire existence is played out in the public eye. There's no way I'd swap my life for Harry's. MONEY DOESN'T BUY YOU HAPPINNESS!!!!!!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Chesney Christ said:
I feel sorry for Harry. The Royal family are slagged off if they behave like robots, and encouraged to behave like normal people, then the one royal who behaves like "one of us" gets slated for doing so.

Don't anyone give me this UTTER CRAP about being born into a privileged family either. There's nothing privileged about being born into an awkward, dysfunctiontional in-bred family who's every sentence is ruthlessly scrutinised by the media, and whose entire existence is played out in the public eye. There's no way I'd swap my life for Harry's. MONEY DOESN'T BUY YOU HAPPINNESS!!!!!!

What he said.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Chesney Christ said:

Wait, let me do some research on that last sentence

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think he'll wonder what the f***'s hit him when he eventually gets his ginger arse to Sandhurst. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here