Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

The Laughing Bluebird said:
If you HONESTLY believe that is acceptable for a member of the British Royal Family to be prancing around in a Nazi uniform in this day and age, then it is possible that you'll believe anything.

Perhaps I'm more sensitive to this issue than you because half of my adopted family are Jewish. Relatives of mine did die in concentration camps, and my grandparents virtually bankrupted themselves in order to pay for the safe passage of other members of our family into this country during the war.

History that may be, but it's certainly not ancient history.

Harry is not a Nazi sympathiser (at least not as far as we know), but his actions were irresponsible to say the very least. And, while the media has gone way over the top (as usual), it should come as no surprise to anyone that there has been an outcry, because he was bang out of order.

Just how high is your horse? [waits for response about me actually thinking you are on a horse.]

Acceptable purely because it was a FANCY DRESS PARTY. If it was a Royal Gala party, of course that may seem a trifle over the top, but please keep it in context.

Sensitivity of the issue is nothing to do with it. Lets not start comparing family notes of where everyone was in the 1940's. Fair to say everyone on this board would have had family involved, so I don't buy that at all.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just been talking about this in my office and one silly old woman has just said...'When my parents when to Germany they visited Auschwitz'.

Dinlo.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Gritt23 said:
Just how high is your horse? [waits for response about me actually thinking you are on a horse.]

Acceptable purely because it was a FANCY DRESS PARTY. If it was a Royal Gala party, of course that may seem a trifle over the top, but please keep it in context.

Sensitivity of the issue is nothing to do with it. Lets not start comparing family notes of where everyone was in the 1940's. Fair to say everyone on this board would have had family involved, so I don't buy that at all.

what he said...

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
The Wookiee said:

Personally speaking , being a lover of the small deer like creature the Impala, I am outraged and furious that Prince William was dressed as a leopard!!

Totally insensitive to all Impala lovers across the globe!

I read he was actually dressed as a lion.
Which shows outrageous insensitivity to Christians...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
SussexSpur said:
I read he was actually dressed as a lion.
Which shows outrageous insensitivity to Christians...

f***ing outrage!!

The lion is even more of a threat to the poor little Impala that the leopard is! :angry:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Gritt23 said:

You're right, it's the CONTEXT that matters. The fact that a member of the British Royal Family has been pictured wearing a Swastika is unimportant really. Never mind what the Swastika symbolizes in this day and age and the offence that it causes, it's the CONTEXT in which Harry was wearing his Swastika that is the important issue.

So, if in future a member of our Royal Family turns up at a FANCY DRESS PARTY dressed as one of the Klu Klux Clan and carrying a placard which reads 'Burn All Niggers And Jews', we should all deem that as perfectly acceptable too. Because, after all, it is only a FANCY DRESS PARTY.

Now, where's that horse of mine gone.....

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If it is so bad to dress up in such a costume then why is the fancy dress shop allowed to sell it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
fatboy said:
If it is so bad to dress up in such a costume then why is the fancy dress shop allowed to sell it?

Second most popular item of dress after cowboys is the Nazi stuff.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Can you get Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein costumes?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Prince William In Lion Costume Outrage!!

kill6small3wb.jpg

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
People are lambasting him for dressing up in a Nazi outfit yet it seems THOUSNADS of people do it.

THOUSNADS of people vote for the BNP too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we should stop all this " enjoying yourself" stuff right now.

Just what right has anyone to wear anything that anyone would find offensive?

I think it was highly inflamatory that he chose to wear a fancy dress costume to a fancy dress party. He is a member of our ruling family, he should have gone in jeans ( Oh no...jeans are " owned by the American gay community) ....ok then, perhaps he should have gone in a nurses uniform...( oh no...that would be highly sexist and make him look like a pervert)...ok...maybe as Michael jackson...( oh no, that would have made him a peodophile - allegedly)

....tell you what....lets just stop this fansy dress nonsence anyway...Vicar and tarts is highly offensive, as is Toga parties - after all the Romans massacred millions and threw people to the lions for "entertainment"

I agree with Cromwell. we should all live a puritan life of prayer and hard work on the land. Enjoyment...Pah

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm gonna go to the game tomorrow dressed as an unemployed steel worker turned stripper.

See how that goes down.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

The Laughing Bluebird said:
You're right, it's the CONTEXT that matters. The fact that a member of the British Royal Family has been pictured wearing a Swastika is unimportant really. Never mind what the Swastika symbolizes in this day and age and the offence that it causes, it's the CONTEXT in which Harry was wearing his Swastika that is the important issue.

So, if in future a member of our Royal Family turns up at a FANCY DRESS PARTY dressed as one of the Klu Klux Clan and carrying a placard which reads 'Burn All Niggers And Jews', we should all deem that as perfectly acceptable too. Because, after all, it is only a FANCY DRESS PARTY.

Now, where's that horse of mine gone.....

Is your issue with the fact that anyone dresses in a Nazi uniform at a fancy dress party or is that Harry did it?

We wouldn't be having this debate if it it was anyone else and I don't understand that.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prince Harry - have I missed something?

Chesney Christ said:
Is your issue with the fact that anyone dresses in a Nazi uniform at a fancy dress party or is that Harry did it? We wouldn't be having this debate if it it was anyone else and I don't understand that.

My issue is the fact that Harry did it (although I reckon anyone who wears a Swastika for any reason is showing both bad taste and bad judgement).

With certain positions of privilege come certain responsibilities. And, as far as I'm concerned, Harry has shown a distinct lack of responsibility by wearing a symbol that is obviously so offensive to so many people.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My issue is the fact that Harry did it (although I reckon anyone who wears a Swastika for any reason is showing both bad taste and bad judgement).

Including Hindus?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports