Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership clubs who sent letters in support of Falmer

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Can someone explain why we are giving Chelsea a guard of honour?

Probably us showing some class towards the team that won the top European club honour.
Don't worry about it though, you won't be there to see it.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Your missing the point the club have given over the best seats (ours) with the best acoustics in the ground over to 4000 Chelsea fans, I understand the limited capacity but why not WSL or even the Lower East for them? It just seems we are treating them like royality, of all the clubs as well

Wherever the club puts the away fans will end up upsetting some people. Nobody owns their seat. Having sat in the wsu a couple of times, I don't think they are best seats in the ground at all when compared to other parts of ground. But that said who cares? I've been a st holder for as long as I can mention, and I couldn't really give a shit what happens for a friendly game. I'm personally itching to get to the ground, regardless of where I sit to enjoy what should be a great afternoon with my family and some friends.

I love the Albion, and what tony and gus have done for this club (and given gus's love for chelsea why is anyone surprised about today!?!). Im less bothered about the seat I sit in.

Also, reading this thread shows just how bloody miserable some of our fans are. Jesus Christ, a few years ago a game against any club higher than us (which was the majority of the 92 clubs!) excited people. Let's just enjoy the moment and ride the wave....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This true fan would quite like to have sat his seat and "might" of gone for this fact, but I suppose there are plenty of armchair football fans ready to jump at the chance of a trip to our new ground to see football "Royality"

It's 'usually the seat that you put your bum on' but in no way is it actually 'your seat.' It belongs to the club and they can allocate seats how they like. So quit the victimhood story of how they've taken your possessions away.

Chelsea are our guests. Seems quite grown up to give them the best crockery and cutlery.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Didn't Huddersfield give us a guard of honour after we had won the league ? Didn't see their fans getting upset about it or boycotting the match

They were visiting us at the Withdean though, bit different to the home team giving the AWAY team a guard of honour and with all fans being expected to applaud Chelsea. By all means say "congratulations", but its a bit far for me.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
It's 'usually the seat that you put your bum on' but in no way is it actually 'your seat.' It belongs to the club and they can allocate seats how they like. So quit the victimhood story of how they've taken your possessions away.

Chelsea are our guests. Seems quite grown up to give them the best crockery and cutlery.

Its actually three seats in the WSU we purchased so a fair few pounds I've put into the clubs coffers, but don't let that get in the way of the argument

So we're giving a team that plays in a league we don't compete in, that won a competition we dont contest a guard of honour for it?

And no I won't be there, £30 for a ticket in a stand where my ST isn't, for a friendly, to see John bloody terry parade a trophy he didn't win.

Fill your boots, enjoy the day.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They were visiting us at the Withdean though, bit different to the home team giving the AWAY team a guard of honour and with all fans being expected to applaud Chelsea. By all means say "congratulations", but its a bit far for me.

Won't matter as you're not going so the rest of us can enjoy the afternoon without all the miseries being there

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Didn't Huddersfield give us a guard of honour after we had won the league ? Didn't see their fans getting upset about it or boycotting the match

Spot on - I also seem to remember the uproar when southampton were rude to us when they refused a guard of honour. We are showing respect, and proper class. I sometimes wish some of our fans would go and support other clubs less fortunate than us - as it probably feels good being the victim. Having lived through the dark years with the Albion, and travelled to Kent every week for a 'home' game, I'm personally happy to be nipping down the road to see my team at an amazing stadium playing the European champions!

Exactly Ernest, they were competing against us for that League trophy, we bettered them for that honour.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Spot on - I also seem to remember the uproar when southampton were rude to us when they refused a guard of honour. We are showing respect, and proper class. I sometimes wish some of our fans would go and support other clubs less fortunate than us - as it probably feels good being the victim. Having lived through the dark years with the Albion, and travelled to Kent every week for a 'home' game, I'm personally happy to be nipping down the road to see my team at an amazing stadium playing the European champions!

Enjoy the afternoon, can't wait to get to my seat and soak up the occasion

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I don't see how being at home is any different as to whether you give a team a guard of honour. I contend that giving a guard of honour does not mean you love the club you are giving it to, but recognising their achievement. Becoming football champions of Europe is certainly an achievement worth acknowledging.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Guys it's a great friendly to have, why the bitterness and spite. Good grief, if you aren't going stop moaning, if you are just enjoy our first senior game at the Amex today. I swear to God we have some of the most miserable supporters in the country. What is there not to like about today? Seeing the expansion in your own eyes, pie and pint, meeting back up with mates and fellow supporters and the European Champs as opposition. I'm going to be so depressed at the Amex today!!!

How many of the "European Champions" will actually be playing?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Won't matter as you're not going so the rest of us can enjoy the afternoon without all the miseries being there

Just have to agree to disagree then, as much as i love the Albion - its just too much of a love-in for me. Bring on FDM's testimonial which is being overshadowed a bit !!!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Home or away is irrelevant - we got a Guard of Honour away at Port Vale when we had won the league in 2002, I didn't see them complaining about it either....

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
So we're giving a team that plays in a league we don't compete in, that won a competition we dont contest a guard of honour for it?

And no I won't be there, £30 for a ticket in a stand where my ST isn't, for a friendly, to see John bloody terry parade a trophy he didn't win.

Fill your boots, enjoy the day.

John Terry keeps popping up ! Agree seeing that odious man giving it large in front of a WSU full of Chelski fans really turns my stomach over, you can add Cashly Cole to that

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I don't see how being at home is any different as to whether you give a team a guard of honour. I contend that giving a guard of honour does not mean you love the club you are giving it to, but recognising their achievement. Becoming football champions of Europe is certainly an achievement worth acknowledging.

Acknowledge it by all means yes, but a guard of honour is too much FOR ME, others my think differently of course.

Other thing when Huddersfield gave us it, we were both competing for the trophy/promotion and we beat them, they were being sporting and recognizing that. If Chelsea knocked us out of Europe then id understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here