Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Guys it's a great friendly to have, why the bitterness and spite. Good grief, if you aren't going stop moaning, if you are just enjoy our first senior game at the Amex today. I swear to God we have some of the most miserable supporters in the country. What is there not to like about today? Seeing the expansion in your own eyes, pie and pint, meeting back up with mates and fellow supporters and the European Champs as opposition. I'm going to be so depressed at the Amex today!!!

Absolutely right, does not stop me disliking chelsea from top to bottom, horrible club, nasty arrogant fans, John Terry and no And no Amex support from them. No class and the European cup will make them worse.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Some people are so bitter that the club has moved on and they're not 'important' anymore and just the same as the rest of us now

You've got a point but my original point is valid, its not the fact we are playing Chelsea but the love in that's upset a few people considering their lack of support as a club to our plight. Forget the past at your peril, it always comes back to bite you on the arse

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am amazed that some Albion supporters' hatred of Chelsea is stronger than their love of the Albion that they would not want to go see their club play the match today.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I am amazed that some Albion supporters' hatred of Chelsea is stronger than their love of the Albion that they would not want to go see their club play the match today.

Spot on, can't wait for the match. Sitting in the rain, freezing cold at Withdean watching absolute shite football played by Wilkins/Adams/Magoo/Salde's teams I'd never thought that a few years later we would be playing the European Champions at Falmer with an Albion team featuring international players ourselves.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Guys it's a great friendly to have, why the bitterness and spite. Good grief, if you aren't going stop moaning, if you are just enjoy our first senior game at the Amex today. I swear to God we have some of the most miserable supporters in the country. What is there not to like about today? Seeing the expansion in your own eyes, pie and pint, meeting back up with mates and fellow supporters and the European Champs as opposition. I'm going to be so depressed at the Amex today!!!

Too right, well said! Im also going to have a great day out, cant wait to see how the stadium looks in person

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Let's face it, that's just not true for anyone. And er . . it's a friendly. Why pay £30 to see us play a club which you hate if there's nothing riding on it?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Decisions aren't made by 'clubs' they are made by the incumbent CEO or other.

It's interesting that both Ferguson and Wenger, who are a rarity in the modern game, leant their support, they really do hold genuine power over their 'clubs' and can guide their club on issues that interest them, rather than the other way round, so good for them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You've got a point but my original point is valid, its not the fact we are playing Chelsea but the love in that's upset a few people considering their lack of support as a club to our plight. Forget the past at your peril, it always comes back to bite you on the arse

All the time we have Poyet as a manager that will continue. He loves his old club.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

Your missing the point the club have given over the best seats (ours) with the best acoustics in the ground over to 4000 Chelsea fans, I understand the limited capacity but why not WSL or even the Lower East for them? It just seems we are treating them like royality, of all the clubs as well

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Spot on, can't wait for the match. Sitting in the rain, freezing cold at Withdean watching absolute shite football played by Wilkins/Adams/Magoo/Salde's teams I'd never thought that a few years later we would be playing the European Champions at Falmer with an Albion team featuring international players ourselves.

Well said too!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Does it really matter where the away fans sit for one friendly?

I suppose us plastics and JCLs can go and enjoy a game at the Amex today while the true super fans stay away and seethe.
:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Great post.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Your missing the point the club have given over the best seats (ours) with the best acoustics in the ground over to 4000 Chelsea fans, I understand the limited capacity but why not WSL or even the Lower East for them? It just seems we are treating them like royality, of all the clubs as well

Spot on with this - the WSU STHs didnt even get first pick of the seats, if you arent able to choose your usual seat, then at least let them pick somewhere else first. Then theres the guard of honour, bringing the trophy - yeah its a bit of a pisstake.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I guess the true fans would rather it was August 2009 and getting beaten at home by Stockport rather than August 2012 playing Chelsea

This true fan would quite like to have sat his seat and "might" of gone for this fact, but I suppose there are plenty of armchair football fans ready to jump at the chance of a trip to our new ground to see football "Royality"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports