Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-10/12/23

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
How was Romero not a red? Disgraceful decision. Can’t fathom it.

Newcastle showing why you have to rotate players. They look completly done in. They have 40 cap Swedish international on bench every match, 200 Newcastle appearance for dummet and Ritchie but the media keep saying “simply no other options”. We played Brentford with two defenders on the pitch. Vs Chelsea we rotated loads of players and almost (and should have but for ref bottle job and var) got something.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Romero is like a prison footballer, he just doesn’t care, disgusting individual.

I always thought aside from that he was a talented player but I’m not convinced if he’s actually a good defender or if players are just terrified of being snapped in half by him, the kind of player other professionals probably hate, it’s just unnecessary thuggery.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s absolutely frustrating, but, I think there is little to be too critical about tbh. Yesterday you just need one bit of luck, a deflection, ricochet into your path, and we didn’t get it, they did.

Taking a step back to have a squad and youngsters that can step in and we’re still disappointed that we’ve only lost 1 in 10 games, but we’re not pushing the top 4 speaks volumes for how well we’re doing.

Again yesterday we had 3 U19s finishing the game, incredible how well they’re doing - this just doesn’t happen in the PL anymore.
I'm disappointed the media aren't picking up on this in a way (unless the did last night on motd - haven't seen it yet) I think it really deserves to mentioned how well we're doing with so many youngsters getting game time. Although I suppose it keeps quite how well RDZ is doing a little more under the radar than it would be

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I'm disappointed the media aren't picking up on this in a way (unless the did last night on motd - haven't seen it yet) I think it really deserves to mentioned how well we're doing with so many youngsters getting game time. Although I suppose it keeps quite how well RDZ is doing a little more under the radar than it would be
Seeing how clubs competing in Europe have gone off the boil, Villa aside (virtually no injuries so far) we are holding our own with mind boggling squad rotation. You are right, the media should be picking up on it as a good and quite impressive thing given we are virgins at this level.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Romero is like a prison footballer, he just doesn’t care, disgusting individual.

I always thought aside from that he was a talented player but I’m not convinced if he’s actually a good defender or if players are just terrified of being snapped in half by him, the kind of player other professionals probably hate, it’s just unnecessary thuggery.
He is a very good defender, which makes his behaviour even worse

Would sell him

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Liverpool will almost certainly be top 2/3 this season, we‘ll hopefully be in a fight for 4th/5th but can’t see any higher than that so not unhappy they beat palace (more important for us they beat Newcastle, Man U, Villa, Chelsea and Spurs)
True but had we turned some of those home draws into wins we would be 5th chasing 3rd.....

I just I don't get the Palace thing anymore, old enough to have lived through it from the start and seen all sorts of things in the games involving them.

Maybe I am just getting old but am looking forward to Palace away and the 'atmosphere' but really don't feel that huge animosity.

In fact the 5 clubs that you mention all get a bigger sense of anger from me than CPFC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing how clubs competing in Europe have gone off the boil, Villa aside (virtually no injuries so far) we are holding our own with mind boggling squad rotation. You are right, the media should be picking up on it as a good and quite impressive thing given we are virgins at this level.
Villa aren't competing in Europe - they're in the Intertoto Cup.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
If we're in a fight for 4th or 5th, I'll eat my hat. If we managed to get our whole squad to full fitness, I'd still eat my hat.
I predict 8th, and hopefully a good run in Europe.
As for the FA Cup? Meh.
I'd eat my hat for 8th this season. Anyone that thinks we can finish 4th or 5th is living in dream cuckoo land

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
True but had we turned some of those home draws into wins we would be 5th chasing 3rd.....

I just I don't get the Palace thing anymore, old enough to have lived through it from the start and seen all sorts of things in the games involving them.

Maybe I am just getting old but am looking forward to Palace away and the 'atmosphere' but really don't feel that huge animosity.

In fact the 5 clubs that you mention all get a bigger sense of anger from me than CPFC.
Same. Of course I want us to beat them whenever we play them, it’s always a good feeling but as long as they aren’t competing with us for league position I actually want them to draw with or beat teams around us. A win over Liverpool would have been my preference yesterday :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here