Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-10/12/23

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Seeing how clubs competing in Europe have gone off the boil, Villa aside (virtually no injuries so far) we are holding our own with mind boggling squad rotation. You are right, the media should be picking up on it as a good and quite impressive thing given we are virgins at this level.
Yep, and just watched our game on motd and although the rotation was mentioned (mad how much compared to other clubs!) no mention of how young a lot of the squad have been. Shame, but still they praised the fact we're still able to play the same brand of football etc

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great set of results from the other teams this weekend. All Europa contenders apart from us soundly beaten.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Yep, and just watched our game on motd and although the rotation was mentioned (mad how much compared to other clubs!) no mention of how young a lot of the squad have been. Shame, but still they praised the fact we're still able to play the same brand of football etc
They never seem to mention how many injuries we have. They say we rotate regularly but I suspect lots of that is because RDZ can’t risk players getting injured due to fatigue.

I think the big result Newcastle had today was not losing someone to a muscle going ping.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So Villa are already booked in for Champions League?
For me, Man Utd, Toon, Us, West Ham and Chelsea are fighting for the Europa spots. Villa under Emery have been playing at Champions League level for 12 months solid.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A two footed ankle breaker. Not the first time the VAR officials have got it wrong at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
Who was the VAR ref? Seriously, how can anyone calling themselves a referee look at that and not think it's a red card? Could have been a career-ending challenge.

Do they still do retrospective reviews these days, or have they gone now we have VAR?

He'll probably break someone's leg when we play them at the Amex and get a booking.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who was the VAR ref? Seriously, how can anyone calling themselves a referee look at that and not think it's a red card? Could have been a career-ending challenge.

Do they still do retrospective reviews these days, or have they gone now we have VAR?

He'll probably break someone's leg when we play them at the Amex and get a booking.
Not since they did Tomer Hemed for not knowing his place in the hierarchy that exists in the PL!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
True but had we turned some of those home draws into wins we would be 5th chasing 3rd.....

I just I don't get the Palace thing anymore, old enough to have lived through it from the start and seen all sorts of things in the games involving them.

Maybe I am just getting old but am looking forward to Palace away and the 'atmosphere' but really don't feel that huge animosity.

In fact the 5 clubs that you mention all get a bigger sense of anger from me than CPFC.
Nah, we’ve been on an equal footing with them since 2011, and in the first 10 years we only finished above them once.

Two years of objective superiority and counting, but I’ve certainly got a few more seasons of finishing above them to enjoy before it becomes boring.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They never seem to mention how many injuries we have. They say we rotate regularly but I suspect lots of that is because RDZ can’t risk players getting injured due to fatigue.

I think the big result Newcastle had today was not losing someone to a muscle going ping.

Media only seem to mention Newcastle having injuries as an excuse for form, everyone else is just poor

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm disappointed the media aren't picking up on this in a way (unless the did last night on motd - haven't seen it yet) I think it really deserves to mentioned how well we're doing with so many youngsters getting game time. Although I suppose it keeps quite how well RDZ is doing a little more under the radar than it would be
The media have fallen out of love with us now. Secretly I bet they are happy to see the status quo return and we quietly slip down the league

I always felt they viewed us as if we were a novelty ( flash new ground, decent unknown couple of managers) and punching well above our weight.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems pretty most team playing in Europe this week either played poor on the weekend or ended up with a poor result

We're not alone

Roll on thursday

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Untitled.jpg

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I just had to put this in this thread.
Pompey v Bolton tonight on Sky, League One top of the table clash....even they are dreaming of seeing these two slug it out again!
I might watch just for the chance to see 'grass roots' football :cool:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I just had to put this in this thread.
Pompey v Bolton tonight on Sky, League One top of the table clash....even they are dreaming of seeing these two slug it out again!
I might watch just for the chance to see 'grass roots' football :cool:
Premier League 3 is still good to watch.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The media have fallen out of love with us now. Secretly I bet they are happy to see the status quo return and we quietly slip down the league

I always felt they viewed us as if we were a novelty ( flash new ground, decent unknown couple of managers) and punching well above our weight.
No they haven’t it’s just the media have the attention span of a goldfish, mainly because the sea lion happy clappy viewers/listeners also do. Nigel the Spurs fan from Devon or Tony the lifelong Man U fan from Margate only want to engage in the here and now and it’s either amazing or shit.

They literally change week to week. Man U have turned the corner and are great again, then one match later they are shite. It’s nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here